Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Singing Section last night

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 17181920>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Bohs number 1 fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roverstillidie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2016 at 12:43pm
Originally posted by The GerK The GerK wrote:

Because rovers never steal Celtic songs
That's another days work and thankfully that is on the decline. But there are plenty of original or so obscure no-one knows where they were robbed.

Admit it Gerk, you would kill for the atmosphere Rovers create to come from the SS.
Sponsored Links

The GerK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Razor you wanna pint?...2 minutes later

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The GerK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2016 at 2:35pm
Absolutely. But it's not like for like. Very rare for international matches to be as good as club games, for obvious reasons.
Rovers can be poor also for lesser games but on the good nights, of course, would love to have that.

But to say that fans in a singing section have to sign up to some sort of Ultras mandate so they can voice concerns is nonsense. Any fan is entitled to voice concerns can do so.

Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2023 at 10:54pm
Is there anyone from the original 114 Singing Section left?  I look around it now and recognise nobody where as 10 years or so ago I'd know most of the people there.

Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
thebronze14 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Derry City Til I Die

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thebronze14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2023 at 10:58pm
moving home means I'm not going to be able to get to games sadlyCry
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2023 at 11:01pm
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

Is there anyone from the original 114 Singing Section left?  I look around it now and recognise nobody where as 10 years or so ago I'd know most of the people there.

You were in the away end you old div LOL im sayjng that in a del boy accent for you!!
I love beer gardens
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2023 at 11:04pm
Originally posted by doherty doherty wrote:

You were in the away end you old div LOL im sayjng that in a del boy accent for you!!

Why don't they invent a talking draughts game then?

The GerK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Razor you wanna pint?...2 minutes later

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The GerK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2023 at 11:08pm

You saw me Heart

I stand up the back with Gaz. Still see plenty
kevincronin2000 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Cork Airport Dogging Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevincronin2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2023 at 11:11pm
My thoughts on 114, people who purchased tickets for 114 10 years ago are probably at an age where they may no longer want to sing and chant for 90 minutes but also don't want to give up the cheap season ticket. I Always feel there's an onus on me to sing when in 114 and when that's gone I'll move. By the way we have a great bunch of young lads going to the games trying their best to create an atmosphere. 
I agree a lot of strange faces in 114 last night, I presume alot just gave away their tickets, Monday will be a better night to access the situation.

Edited by kevincronin2000 - 23 Mar 2023 at 11:13pm
time is the stuff that life is made of, don't waste it.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2023 at 11:12pm

You saw me Heart

Heart

Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2023 at 8:10am
While I can still stand I will be there but there will come a time to move 
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
Badgersboys9 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Badgersboys9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2023 at 8:19am
Moved to west upper 5/6 years ago and haven't regretted it. 
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2023 at 8:50am
Moved to East Upper about 8 years ago, seat on the half way line. Unbelievable view of the game.

The amount of hassle I had with clowns in the SS. I just decided to move, the main reason was the view of the game.
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Mr. Snrub View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr. Snrub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2023 at 9:01am
I moved to 114 last year but wouldn't know anyone from here. Will eventually move to East or West upper for a better view
"Here's Robbie Keane...... yeeeessss! That is no more than Ireland deserve!"
MC Hammered View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2023 at 9:12am
I bailed out of 114 because the view was brutal. Granted we were quite close to pitchside which distorted the view of the opposite end. It also made it look like Randolph was going to be dispossessed when he was being closed down by an attacker. My heart couldnt take it. 
Moved to 117 and seated a bit further back. We can see across the pitch now and we are still close to the atmosphere. 

Edited by MC Hammered - 24 Mar 2023 at 9:13am
El Puto Amo
MC Hammered View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2023 at 9:13am
The holy grail of atmosphere. Watch when the players are lined up on the pitch. 
El Puto Amo
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2023 at 9:20am
Originally posted by Newryrep Newryrep wrote:

While I can still stand I will be there but there will come a time to move 

Hope your legs go real soon Tongue
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
Gaz View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
You'll always be Gazsh to me.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2023 at 9:33am

You saw me Heart

You saw fook all without your glasses pal

I did a few years in the West Upper but the lads I was sitting with have moved out of Dublin and don't go to the matches anymore, so I came back to 114. The only problem I had with West Upper was that you'd be sitting beside ar*eholes half of the time, slating players and just there on a freebie. They wouldn't know half of the players and would be just talking sh!te (quite loudly) the whole game. You certainly don't get that in 114. 
I dont email the count anymore, its been 9 months : ( He even sent me a YBIG scarf for my Birthday
brendy_éire View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brendy_éire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2023 at 9:37am
Been in 114 since it opened, and can't see myself moving.
It's not an enjoyable experience to watch a match sitting down. The experience is ruined by ones in front standing up whenever they think there's a decent attack on, forcing everyone else to stand up. Genuinely can't understand why they feel the need to switch between standing and sitting. Just pick one.

Watched the cup final from the upper East last year, and the view is great. A standing section in an upper tier would be the dream.
City Till I Die
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 17181920>
  Share Topic