You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Away days + World Cup 2022 Accommodation and Travel
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Sing Up For The Boys In Green (the album)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Indie_Football Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Sing Up For The Boys In Green (the album)
    Posted: 21 Apr 2012 at 6:45am

Hello lads,

We've just released a batch of songs for the Euro's called 'Sing Up For The Boys In Green'. It features a load of new Irish bands and has tunes about Zinedine, Aldo, McGeady, Trap's interpreter and lots more. Saipan gets a few mentions too as you'd expect.

http://www.indiecater.com/sing-up-for-the-boys-in-green/

The whole point of 'Sing Up For The Boys In Green' was to offer a few decent alternatives to the usual 'Put 'Em Under Pressure' standards and while it may lack bodhran's, show no sign of tin whistles and been distinctly lacking in fiddles it was written as a tribute to the Boys In Green. An album about football but not football songs in the traditional sense I suppose.

See what ye think anyway. The album is streaming in full on the Indiecater site and there is a free download called '3 Nil-Nils' by Ican Ican't which has a killer chorus.

Cheers,

Kevin (from Indiecater Records)

< ="http://static.extension.fm/exfm.js">

Edited by Indie_Football - 21 Apr 2012 at 3:45pm
Sponsored Links

Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2012 at 4:32pm
Hi Kev, the album gets a thumbs up from me. Thumbs Up

Won't be to everyones' liking..but some of the other songs been released I think are rubbish and then others think they are great..the more songs/albums the better.
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
Saint Tom View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saint Tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2012 at 7:15pm
hi lads,

i work with neil nevins from youth mass, who wrote song number 8 on the album. well worth a listen
My destination inchicore my next stop being kilmainham
Where patriots and super saints are the topics of conversation
Indie_Football View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Indie_Football Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2012 at 7:45am
Gonna have a long good friday thanks to you bob. < ="http://static.extension.fm/exfm.js">
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic