You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Sinclair Armstrong

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 6>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Luis Amor Rodriguez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2022 at 9:26am
Already a thread on this chap for some time.... 

We've seen a few underage prospects make breakthroughs of sorts in the last few weeks.  

Will be interesting to see if and how Crawford integrates these lads into the U21s for the play-off.

Similarly, will be interesting if some eligible senior internationals who are just coming back or are out-of-favour at club level and may not get minutes at senior level, such as Idah, might be considered for the U21s for those crucial matches. 
Sponsored Links

gally View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gally Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2022 at 10:34am
Watched the game as Charlton are my team, he was introduced with approx 30 minutes to play and made an instant impact, had never seen him play, but read very good things about him, well, he certainly shook up the Charlton defence with his direct style, good pace, good skills, I think he assisted the QPR goal, and really looks a real prospect.
Luis Amor Rodriguez View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Luis Amor Rodriguez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2022 at 9:31pm
Armstrong made an instant impact again tonight - comes on to win the corner that sets up the last-ditch equalising goal.  

Great start to the season for the young lad.  
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2022 at 6:09am
Not going out on loan it seems, has impressed enough to be a squad player at QPR.
Green Cockade View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Cockade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2022 at 9:30pm
Just come on for QPR tonight.
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2022 at 9:43pm
Doesn't look overly mobile. A big man.
I love beer gardens
gufct View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Trapattoni could manage me any day!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gufct Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2022 at 9:54pm
He’s a flier and has scared the life out of Blackpool since he came on.
One City,One County,One Club GUFC will be back.
Green Cockade View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Cockade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2022 at 10:02pm
Powerful and pacy, might have had a couple of goals. Certainly made an impact and looks a real prospect.
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2022 at 10:16pm
Maybe I'm making a ridiculous judgement off paper but it reads to me like for whatever reason the manager seems to think Dykes playing up top on his own is a good idea hence it's making him look terrible and Armstrong is definitely getting the aesthetic benefits of coming on making an impact likely becoming a 2nd man up top too.

Not to knock the kid at all he's clearly a very promising young striker great to have another one breaking through again. I do wonder would starting him up top which the manager might be tempted to do soon be too much too soon. He's only a kid still and may well be better off coming off the bench for another 7/10 games at least tip away slowly! 

Would love to see him get a goal as well in the coming weeks! 

Edited by kevin100 - 16 Aug 2022 at 10:17pm
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2022 at 10:51pm
Originally posted by doherty doherty wrote:

Doesn't look overly mobile. A big man.

He's absolutely rapid, mobility is no issue whatsoever.
We're decent enough..
J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2022 at 10:54pm
Given the shorter schedule because of the WC he should see decent minutes this season.
Greenie50 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greenie50 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2022 at 7:39pm
First start for QPR tonight.
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2022 at 8:05pm
Some run to win the penalty there
Pace and strength 
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2022 at 8:10pm
Looks a prospect. When you think of the pure weight of numbers we have in terms of young strikers who have played in the top 2 divisions in England over the past couple of years, we really are doing incredibly well for a nation of our size.
We're decent enough..
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2022 at 8:18pm
Think it's very encouraging the young lads born in 02,03.04 etc coming up behind Connolly Idah Obafemi Parrott.

Cannon two Armstrongs Sinclair and Okoflex,Odubeko Ferguson of course. Seems to be talent to follow on if the first 4 mentioned don't have the careers we hope.
John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2022 at 1:47pm
If people are bigging up Georgie Kelly like they were after the weekend, then this lad is surely worth of senior consideration also, particularly if he continues to get decent game time for QPR. I have only seen him a handful of times, but he looks to have all the tools to worry defences. A few goals in the coming weeks/months and he could force himself into contention.
Idah Dream!
J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2022 at 1:53pm
Luckily for him Beale has turned down the offer to become Wolves new manager to remain at QPR.
Eoink21 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eoink21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2022 at 8:08pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 6>
  Share Topic