You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Signs you are getting old

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 9>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2023 at 11:20pm
Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

Need subtitles for everything 

And when something doesn’t have subtitles as an option it’s not worth watching 

I’m trying to watch Godfather III and can’t hear a word they’re saying.

Everyone in the know knows Godfather 3 is atrocious. Your better off not hearing what they are saying. A film too many. Plus i cannot watch Andy Garcia in anything. Anything dya hear me Andy
I love beer gardens
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2023 at 11:28pm
I've never even seen The Godfather.  Was on telly wan night and found it boring and switched it off.

Same for Citizen Kane etc..

I watched Rear Window once and thought it was sh*t. 

My real name is Phil btw.

Phil Estine

Edited by Trap junior - 31 Aug 2023 at 11:29pm
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Max Power View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
A.K.A. Mod Powers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Max Power Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2023 at 11:45pm
Having a discussion with my mate who’s going to EP earlier and all I could think about is if I went how my back would be in bits from sleeping in a tent all weekend.
Co-Founder of The Paul McShane Fan Club, Portmarnock Branch
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2023 at 5:11am

You watching stuff on a dodgy box?

I find the sound quality can be poor enough when I'm watching series on a dodgy box compared to Netflix etc.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
jamo1 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jamo1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2023 at 7:50am
Originally posted by The Huntacha The Huntacha wrote:

You watching stuff on a dodgy box?

I find the sound quality can be poor enough when I'm watching series on a dodgy box compared to Netflix etc.
I have to turn on subtitles on Netflix too, i find if you watch the preview the sound is great but when you turn on the movie the sound is terrible.
Del Boy: You do know what a pyscopath is dont you Grandad

Grandad: Of course i know what a Pyscopath is, its a fella who dresses up in womens clothes.

MC Hammered View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2023 at 7:53am

I get a sense of satisfaction from seeing one of my full bins being collected 
El Puto Amo
Saint Tom View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saint Tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2023 at 8:02am
Originally posted by Max Power Max Power wrote:

Having a discussion with my mate who’s going to EP earlier and all I could think about is if I went how my back would be in bits from sleeping in a tent all weekend.

Would rather gouge my eyes out than go to a music festival. Once a year drinkers enjoying the "vibe".
My destination inchicore my next stop being kilmainham
Where patriots and super saints are the topics of conversation
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2023 at 8:16am
EP has the script at it.  That’s enough to put anyone off.  Went a good bit in the early days but I haven’t been at it in over 10 years as it usually clashed with away games too.   

Signs you are getting old.  You start writing a will 😀
AKA pedantic kunt
Roberto_Carlow View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto_Carlow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2023 at 8:47am
Originally posted by MC Hammered MC Hammered wrote:

This is a real high, along with finally emptying your overflowing bin in the house and replacing it with a lovely fresh bin bag.
Jackal View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jackal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2023 at 8:56am
You know you're getting old when you prefer the stand to the terrace 
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2023 at 8:59am
Going to a retirement thingy this month as they plan to tell me what to do with my money Confused

Opps should have said i am been sent to it Shocked

Edited by Claret Murph - 01 Sep 2023 at 9:01am
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
sausy View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
MAYO FOR SAM

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sausy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2023 at 9:47am
Originally posted by Roberto_Carlow Roberto_Carlow wrote:

Originally posted by MC Hammered MC Hammered wrote:

This is a real high, along with finally emptying your overflowing bin in the house and replacing it with a lovely fresh bin bag.

The recycling bin isn't full until you have physically got into it a couple of times to squash everything down. 

The black bin in our house only goes out 3 or 4 times a year. Get our value paying per lift on that one. 
Bimbos Burgers - "Official Sponsor of the Irish Squad"
Beavis View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Beavis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2023 at 9:56am
Originally posted by Saint Tom Saint Tom wrote:

Would rather gouge my eyes out than go to a music festival. Once a year drinkers enjoying the "vibe".
JaysusConfused....real ones need to earn their drinking stripes down the local first? 

People who don't get music festivals usually don't like music. It's simple enough, wouldn't expect people who don't like football to get Ireland trips. 
Not going this year cos lineup is muck but usually look to go.
<insert witty comment>
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2023 at 10:29am
Originally posted by Beavis Beavis wrote:

JaysusConfused....real ones need to earn their drinking stripes down the local first? 

People who don't get music festivals usually don't like music. It's simple enough, wouldn't expect people who don't like football to get Ireland trips. 
Muck? As in not to your tastes you mean. Go earn some music stripes bro!
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
MayoMark View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The NEW angrier Freewheeler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MayoMark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2023 at 10:42am
I love music but the idea of going to Electric Picnic doesn't particularly excite me. In fact, I think I'd have a dreadful time 
They finally did it man... They killed my f**kin' car...
Beavis View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Beavis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2023 at 10:46am
Originally posted by BigStrongMan BigStrongMan wrote:

Muck? As in not to your tastes you mean. Go earn some music stripes bro!
Yeah obviously not too my taste - regardless, big difference between sneering at people who like cr ap music and those that don't drink enough
<insert witty comment>
Saint Tom View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saint Tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2023 at 12:50pm

Oh I love music. Go to plenty of one off gigs.

No interest in the hassle, the camping, the muck, the queues. No thanks

Edited by Saint Tom - 01 Sep 2023 at 12:51pm
My destination inchicore my next stop being kilmainham
Where patriots and super saints are the topics of conversation
BabbsBalls View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BabbsBalls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2023 at 7:02pm
Signs Tom is getting old 👆LOL
l hear you are a racist now, father ?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 9>
  Share Topic