You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Should we be boycotting games against Israel?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 456
Poll Question: Should we be boycotting games against Israel?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
73 [70.87%]
27 [26.21%]
3 [2.91%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fozz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2024 at 11:51am
Originally posted by 1874eire 1874eire wrote:

Both our soccer and rugby teams played England plenty of times during the troubles, when British soldiers were shooting Irish people on the streets. We still welcomed English teams here no matter what the political situation was.
Yep, I recall the British enforcing mass migrations throughout Antrim and Down, coercing hundreds of thousands of dirty catholics into areas that they then continued to bombard with cruise missiles, artillery and air-strikes, using 2000lb bombs on hospitals and filthy catholic churches, sniping children on the streets and carpet-bombing entire areas into the stone-age.
Dark times, and I can't believe we entertained their football team with their foriegn sport.

Edited by Fozz - 24 Feb 2024 at 11:52am
Sponsored Links

The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2024 at 11:57am

Both our soccer and rugby teams played England plenty of times during the troubles, when British soldiers were shooting Irish people on the streets. We still welcomed English teams here no matter what the political situation was.

England wasn't engaged in active genocide at the time, and I wouldn't exactly say they were "welcomed". Back onto Netanyahu's lap now like a good dog Thumbs Up
We're decent enough..
1874eire View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1874eire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2024 at 5:12pm
We played China and Yugoslavia in the past. Where were you then? We didn't show any sympathy or respect to the victims of Loughinisland during USA 94, so why would we be concerned about what is happening in Israel. 
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2024 at 5:38pm

We played China and Yugoslavia in the past. Where were you then? We didn't show any sympathy or respect to the victims of Loughinisland during USA 94, so why would we be concerned about what is happening in Israel

If you truly believe that statement you are either psychopathic or mentally deficient, either way there's little point engaging with you Dead
We're decent enough..
1874eire View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1874eire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2024 at 5:43pm
Originally posted by Fozz Fozz wrote:

Yep, I recall the British enforcing mass migrations throughout Antrim and Down, coercing hundreds of thousands of dirty catholics into areas that they then continued to bombard with cruise missiles, artillery and air-strikes, using 2000lb bombs on hospitals and filthy catholic churches, sniping children on the streets and carpet-bombing entire areas into the stone-age.
Dark times, and I can't believe we entertained their football team with their foriegn sport.

Your reply just emphases my point that few people in the south of Ireland really cared what was happening up north. But now everyone wants to jump on the Palestine bandwagon. It's fashionable for lefty's to kick Israel now. Most of them are just people with too much time on their hands who couldn't find Palestine on a map. I.e. people on football forums. .
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2024 at 5:57pm

Originally posted by Fozz Fozz wrote:

Your reply just emphases my point that few people in the south of Ireland really cared what was happening up north. But now everyone wants to jump on the Palestine bandwagon. It's fashionable for lefty's to kick Israel now. Most of them are just people with too much time on their hands who couldn't find Palestine on a map. I.e. people on football forums. .

Just stop man, you're f*cking embarrassing yourself. Those soft lefties are the real problem alright, getting would up about 10,000+ children getting blown to pieces in the last 4 months. Honestly one of the most distasteful posts ever made on this forum.
We're decent enough..
1874eire View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1874eire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2024 at 6:20pm
Youve been reading too much propaganda. None of you acknowledge that Hamas are a huge part of the problem. The shinners even invite people from Hamas to their conferences
Inkennywetrust View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Inkennywetrust Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2024 at 1:07am
We shouldn't have been playing them before under an apartheid regime. 

The fact that they're even still allowed to compete under UEFA and FIFA while committing the worst genocide against civilians this century is astonishing and troubling. 

Ireland boycotting anything to do with Israel is a very simple and easy decision, but it shouldn't be ours to make considering the Russian precedent. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 456
  Share Topic