You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : YouBoysInGreen Fanzine : Feedback/Ideas
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Should this section not include the Irish league
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Should this section not include the Irish league

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The NEW angrier Freewheeler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MayoMark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2011 at 3:49pm
Originally posted by GINN1916 GINN1916 wrote:

not a 32 - county team mark. a symbolic 32 - county team to an extent that is possible without actually having one if ya know what i mean. being the team that represent the views of and being the national team of the minority of nationalists in the 6 counties. i thought thats what most if not all of us wanted. its certainly the impression i got with all the nationalist-type banners and flags designed in YOUR thread for the northern ireland game. and so on a matter of principle i feel that these fans having to talk about their team in the foreign section is plain wrong. Thumbs Down

and if you feel differently mark, why not ask one of the lads in a cliftonville who has made the long journey from belfast at our next match how he feels about being put in the foreign section?

I'm sure he'll ask me what the f**k I'm talking about LOL 

"being the team that represent the views of and being the national team of the minority of nationalists in the 6 counties."

And disagree with that, I would much rather see a staunchly unionist footballer come play for us. We are open to all, regardless of race, religion, political persuation.
They finally did it man... They killed my f**kin' car...
Sponsored Links

9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2011 at 3:56pm
Confused You want an all inclusive forum but only for the nationalists?Confused
GINN View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GINN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2011 at 3:59pm
Originally posted by MayoMark MayoMark wrote:

not a 32 - county team mark. a symbolic 32 - county team to an extent that is possible without actually having one if ya know what i mean. being the team that represent the views of and being the national team of the minority of nationalists in the 6 counties. i thought thats what most if not all of us wanted. its certainly the impression i got with all the nationalist-type banners and flags designed in YOUR thread for the northern ireland game. and so on a matter of principle i feel that these fans having to talk about their team in the foreign section is plain wrong. Thumbs Down

and if you feel differently mark, why not ask one of the lads in a cliftonville who has made the long journey from belfast at our next match how he feels about being put in the foreign section?

I'm sure he'll ask me what the f**k I'm talking about LOL 

"being the team that represent the views of and being the national team of the minority of nationalists in the 6 counties."

And disagree with that, I would much rather see a staunchly unionist footballer come play for us. We are open to all, regardless of race, religion, political persuation.

so would i mark. but the staunch unionists have made it clear that thats not going to happen for some time. until then, if that time hopefully comes i am very happy with the way the nationalists community in the north have looked to us as their national side. but to put these clubs in a section of foreign leagues is a disgrace. there is no difference between derry city and cliftonville in this sense. i actually have seen more cliftonville jerseys at games. you as much as anyone are encouraging people to support their local irish club. yet when fans from belfast do this, they are believed to be supporting a foreign team?

Edited by GINN1916 - 04 Aug 2011 at 4:00pm
GINN View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GINN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2011 at 4:03pm
Originally posted by 9fingersbabb 9fingersbabb wrote:

thats nonsense. i never said that. however the unionists have decided that on general they want to support what they feel to be their national side. i would love to see a 32 county team. but until then, the current arrangement suits me, as long as technicalities such as that teams and more iimportantly fans in the irish league are not foreign.
GINN View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GINN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2011 at 4:04pm

Originally posted by 9fingersbabb 9fingersbabb wrote:

thats nonsense. i never said that. however the unionists have decided that on general they want to support what they feel to be their national side. i would love to see a 32 county team. but until then, the current arrangement suits me, as long as technicalities such as that teams and more iimportantly fans in the irish league are not foreign are made clear.
MariborKev View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MariborKev Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2011 at 5:34pm
There is no difference between Derry City and Cliftonville?

Plenty.  Please don't associate us with the glue sniffers.
GINN View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GINN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2011 at 5:39pm
Gluesniffers? Care to elaborate kev.
Jerryfromkerry View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jerryfromkerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2011 at 6:40pm
Partitionist attitudes
No man has the right to fix the boundary to the march of a nation. No man has the right to say to his country “thus far shalt thou go and no further"
Percy View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Percy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2011 at 6:52am
Can this be moved to the whatever thread please? 
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2011 at 7:22am
Ginn as a supporter of a 1st division team, myself and others fought tooth and nail to have even a 1st division thread in the LOI section. It was a battle but we eventually succeeded. Having to fight for one sticky for the LOI 1st should highlight the size of the task youre facing here. I agree every ROI fan on this island should be able to discuss their local club even if it is based in the dark side. Keep up the good fight

Edited by sham157 - 06 Aug 2011 at 3:13am
GoneToShowgies View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GoneToShowgies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2011 at 7:37am
Originally posted by sham157 sham157 wrote:

Ginn as a supporter of a 1st division team, myself and others fought tooth and nail to have even a 1st division thread in the LOI section. It was a battle but we eventually succeeded. Having to fight for one sticky for the LOI 1st should highlight the size of the task youre facing here. I agree every ROI fan on his island should be able to discuss their local club even if it is based in the dark side. Keep up the good fight

Jeez I dunno about that Sham. It would be wall to wall English Premiership teams if they alowed that Tongue.

On the question being asked in this thread - does it come down simply to supply and demand. Very little demand for that section so a bit pointless doing it!

nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2011 at 9:25am
most activity ever in the feedback section?
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2011 at 3:13am
Originally posted by GoneToShowgies GoneToShowgies wrote:

Originally posted by sham157 sham157 wrote:

Ginn as a supporter of a 1st division team, myself and others fought tooth and nail to have even a 1st division thread in the LOI section. It was a battle but we eventually succeeded. Having to fight for one sticky for the LOI 1st should highlight the size of the task youre facing here. I agree every ROI fan on THIS island should be able to discuss their local club even if it is based in the dark side. Keep up the good fight

Jeez I dunno about that Sham. It would be wall to wall English Premiership teams if they alowed that Tongue.

On the question being asked in this thread - does it come down simply to supply and demand. Very little demand for that section so a bit pointless doing it!

Oops, fixed
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
  Share Topic