You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : YouBoysInGreen Fanzine : Feedback/Ideas
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Should this section not include the Irish league
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Should this section not include the Irish league

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote soccerc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2011 at 1:49pm
Originally posted by GINN1916 GINN1916 wrote:

Yes denis because their fans support teams in the Irish league. As do a section of our fans. Can you's not get that through your heads? As a matter of principle, I think it is s joke that Irish teams are sent to the foreign thread. Can anyone dissagree with that point, instead of going off on a tangent like shoco and co. of black and white claiming the northern league is foreign to a republic of Ireland forum, regardless that their fans support the republic of Ireland.

The Irish League is as foreign to a Republic of Ireland forum as is the J League.

It has nothing to do with which clubs fans support. Your request seems based purely on both a sectarian and political basis- You've only mentioned clubs that appear to have nationalist republican support.

Sponsored Links

GINN View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GINN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2011 at 2:00pm
Sectarian. I mentioned all nationalist teams as my opinions are in the interest of Ireland fans. If rangers Billy wants to come on and talk about infield then fair enough. But I imagine most linfield fans and such would support norn iron.

Bottom line : to say the Irish league is foreign is ridiculous. You may as well say our fans in the north are foreign also (yeah it's annoying when the clueless moron you're talking to gets ridiculously melodramatic isn't it?

Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2011 at 2:02pm

Sectarian. I mentioned all nationalist teams as my opinions are in the interest of Ireland fans. If rangers Billy wants to come on and talk about infield then fair enough. But I imagine most linfield fans and such would support norn iron.

Bottom line : to say the Irish league is foreign is ridiculous. You may as well say our fans in the north are foreign also (yeah it's annoying when the clueless moron you're talking to gets ridiculously melodramatic isn't it?

It is a foreign league ffs. The FAI aren't the governing body of it therefore it is a foreign league.
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
GINN View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GINN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2011 at 2:08pm
It's foreign "because the fai aren't the governing body of it"?
You're seeming to have a problem differentiating between the bounderies of a state and a nation Denis.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2011 at 2:13pm

It's foreign "because the fai aren't the governing body of it"?
You're seeming to have a problem differentiating between the bounderies of a state and a nation Denis.

Confused

NI is a seperate Country whether you like it or not it is refferd to as the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland. Therefore the Irish League is a foreign league. What do find so difficult about it to understand.

Edited by Denis Irwin - 04 Aug 2011 at 2:13pm
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

ShamtheRam View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShamtheRam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2011 at 2:16pm
Can we have a Linfield section?
YBIG NPF founder and CEO
GINN View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GINN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2011 at 2:22pm
You obviously have trouble understanding the terms of the GFA agree. Northern ireland is a separate state, not country. The GFA does not advocate a united ireland state. But it does not, as you say, state it is part of Britain. It states it is part of the island of Ireland and the constituent country of the united kingdom. A countinuent country is not a country/nation. Therefore, Ireland is the nation/country the northern ireland state belongs to. Similarly to the former german states of Bavaria and east prussia.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2011 at 2:26pm

You obviously have trouble understanding the terms of the GFA agree. Northern ireland is a separate state, not country. The GFA does not advocate a united ireland state. But it does not, as you say, state it is part of Britain. It states it is part of the island of Ireland and the constituent country of the united kingdom. A countinuent country is not a country/nation. Therefore, Ireland is the nation/country the northern ireland state belongs to. Similarly to the former german states of Bavaria and east prussia.

Still doens't back your argument. As soccerc has already said The Irish League is as relevant to this forum as the J League or MLS.

GINN View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GINN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2011 at 2:29pm
No it isn't. The Irish league is Irish. And a section of it's supporters support the republic of ireland national team. Completely different.
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2011 at 2:31pm
Real nit pickin stuff this thread. Go get a ride Ginn ffs.
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2011 at 2:33pm

No it isn't. The Irish league is Irish. And a section of it's supporters support the republic of ireland national team. Completely different.

Jesus Christ it's like to talking to a brick wall

GINN View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GINN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2011 at 2:33pm
yes me suggesting Irish teams should not be considered foreign on an Irish forum is complete madness isn't it!!!
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2011 at 2:38pm
It's splittin hairs. You strike me as the type of fella off school for the summer and bored off his tits. You have started a rake of ridiculous threads over the last fortnight and you had poor Milla on overtime. 
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

roverstillidie View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Bohs number 1 fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roverstillidie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2011 at 2:41pm
This thread is fundamentally demeaning. 

When did the LoI become a hotbed of unionist ****s?

Edited by roverstillidie - 04 Aug 2011 at 2:42pm
GINN View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GINN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2011 at 2:43pm
Man your good!!!!
But still. The Irish league should be included. Lads claims of us representing the nationalist minority in the north's views are simply hypocrisy otherwise.
And milla brought that on himself. There were two threads on accents and mine on something completely different. And he deletes mine "because there were too many threads on accents"
ShamtheRam View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShamtheRam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2011 at 2:44pm
Next people will be looking for a Celtic sub-forum!.......

YBIG NPF founder and CEO
GINN View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GINN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2011 at 2:45pm
Unionist ****s roverstillidie? Complete igonrant nonsense from an ignorant shamrock rovers scumbag. I think you'll find the "unionist ****s" are the ones supporting partition in labelling the six counties foreign ya gobsh*te.
roverstillidie View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Bohs number 1 fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roverstillidie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2011 at 2:47pm

Unionist ****s roverstillidie? Complete igonrant nonsense from an ignorant shamrock rovers scumbag. I think you'll find the "unionist ****s" are the ones supporting partition in labelling the six counties foreign ya gobsh*te.

I'm on your side you sweaty cock!!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
  Share Topic