You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : League Of Ireland : Premier and First Division
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Shelbourne

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 89101112 19>
Author
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2020 at 5:42pm
What happened today ?
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
Sponsored Links

oldbilly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2020 at 6:51pm
they’re sh*teLOL
And going down.
Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2020 at 3:26pm
0-0 at half time. Shels down to 10 men since the 26th minute. Don't think Longford will get a better chance. Serious indiscipline in Shels team, first Deegan and now Byrne today.
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2020 at 4:15pm
Looking like they're gone. 

They're an awful team. I know they're down to 10 men but having watched them a few times this season, there's not one bit of creativity in the team.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2020 at 4:25pm
Toast
daithi View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daithi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2020 at 4:32pm
Had they decent financial backing compared to other clubs in the division ?
Just because it's tradition does not make it right
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2020 at 4:57pm
Not too sure, but I think they had a reasonable budget. Certainly not the smallest in the league by any stretch.
Southstandman View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Southstandman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2020 at 5:28pm
Theres a Dublin derby gone . Longford is a nice place tho and we usually spank em. 
We are Shamrock Rovers we"re Irelands number 1 .
saintjoey View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote saintjoey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2020 at 7:55pm
See ya later Shels 😘
oldbilly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2020 at 7:56am
huge congrats to Longford town, good away too!! 
Back where you belong shelbourne,arrogant fans and Karl sheppard, off you go LOL
Gaz View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
You'll always be Gazsh to me.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2020 at 9:45am
Gutted but we got what we deserved. Our style of play under Morris has been dreadful to watch the past 2 seasons, even when we won the 1st division. Just lump the ball to a lone striker and hope for the best.

Not sure if he's lost the dressing room or what the past couple of months, but there was no fight at all yesterday from the players.

There was a huge feel good factor around the club last season and the start of this season for the first time since the glory years, and sadly that momentum we built up has now disappeared.

I really can't see crowds being back in grounds by next Feb/March, so I won't even be able to see the games on Watch LOI

Beyond depressed this morning
I dont email the count anymore, its been 9 months : ( He even sent me a YBIG scarf for my Birthday
GoneToShowgies View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GoneToShowgies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2020 at 9:58am
Tough one on fans. Take a while to get over that. 
But have say Im delighted for Stewie. Thumbs Up

Edited by GoneToShowgies - 16 Nov 2020 at 9:59am
Gaz View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2020 at 10:16am
I'm delighted for Longford, after what happened with Fenn last season so close to the play offs, he really fooked them over. Great little stadium and loyal fanbase too
I dont email the count anymore, its been 9 months : ( He even sent me a YBIG scarf for my Birthday
oldbilly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2020 at 10:41am
well said gaz ,fair play ladClap
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2020 at 10:48am
Originally posted by Gaz Gaz wrote:

Gutted but we got what we deserved. Our style of play under Morris has been dreadful to watch the past 2 seasons, even when we won the 1st division. Just lump the ball to a lone striker and hope for the best.

Not sure if he's lost the dressing room or what the past couple of months, but there was no fight at all yesterday from the players.

There was a huge feel good factor around the club last season and the start of this season for the first time since the glory years, and sadly that momentum we built up has now disappeared.

I really can't see crowds being back in grounds by next Feb/March, so I won't even be able to see the games on Watch LOI

Beyond depressed this morning

Hypothetical question obviously but do you think Morris would have been replaced even if you'd stayed up?
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
Gaz View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2020 at 2:26pm
Originally posted by The Huntacha The Huntacha wrote:

Hypothetical question obviously but do you think Morris would have been replaced even if you'd stayed up?

AFAIK he is under contract until the end of next season so I don't even know if he'll go before then

Fans were ok with him in charge as long as the team got results, but as soon as the results turned, added to the very negative and sometimes baffling team setup and tactics, the fans turned. Personally, I was willing to watch the crap football last season as we won the league, but I really think a more experienced and more positive manager would have done a lot better this season in the Premier.

In response to your actual question, if we finished 5th or 6th this season I don't think there would have been a big push for him to go, and therefore don't think he would have been sacked. But a lot of the fans have turned now and I would guess he'll be gone soon enough.

Edited by Gaz - 16 Nov 2020 at 2:28pm
Gaz View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2020 at 2:30pm
Originally posted by daithi daithi wrote:

Had they decent financial backing compared to other clubs in the division ?

Morris said all season that ourselves and Harps had the lowest budget in the league this season
oldbilly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2020 at 8:29pm
well you must have been paying Degan Kilduff and baldy your entire budget because those three were on a combined total of harps wage bill.Fact.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 89101112 19>
  Share Topic