You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Shay Given

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 39404142>
Author
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Citizen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2015 at 6:21pm
Why didnt he go to Middlesbrough and play first team football? Would rather stay near to Cheshire and sit in bench. No problem with that, be he cannot be expected to keep his place.
My Views are my own and do not in any way represent this site.

'The FAI are the dysfunctional body that other dysfunctional bodies call Galacticos' - Declan Lynch (Sunday Indo)
Sponsored Links

Stoked Up View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stoked Up Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2015 at 4:06am
Should play on Tues in LC game v Luton on Skyb too, I think.

Edit:  Butland played against Norwich with a broken finger. 
It may suit Stoke to play Given against WBA too, because if Butland misses next weekend's game, Stoke probably wont let him join up with the England squad.

Edited by Stoked Up - 24 Aug 2015 at 11:13am
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2015 at 11:31am
We have a keeper who will be playing against Georgia, Gib, Germany and Poland who is not playing. Thats great news isn't it? 

When is Westwood back?
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Stoked Up View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stoked Up Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2015 at 3:36pm
Has often been the case though with Irish 'keepers though. It remains to be seen just how good or bad Given now is. He didn't do much wrong last season when he played for Ireland and latterly for Villa at the end of the season.
However, I think Westwood's time has come and the management need to get over the calamity against Germany or his fallout with Mon at Sunderland.
d13dave View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote d13dave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2015 at 3:44pm
I'll tell you something about shay given bill. He left his wife and ran off with a young one. 

westwood may not be a world beater but he is a good keeper had a great year last year and deserves to be number 1
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2015 at 3:52pm
Originally posted by d13dave d13dave wrote:

I'll tell you something about shay given bill. H<span style="line-height: 1.4;">e left his wife and ran off with a young one. </span>

westwood may not be a world beater but he is a good keeper had a great year last year and deserves to be number 1
I think Westwood should be #1 also
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
Ibaraki View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ibaraki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2015 at 10:59pm
The Henry handball took the spot light off him in Paris. Awful goalkeeping to allow the ball to bounce where it did. 
CoffeeBean View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CoffeeBean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2015 at 5:51pm
Originally posted by Ibaraki Ibaraki wrote:

The Henry handball took the spot light off him in Paris. Awful goalkeeping to allow the ball to bounce where it did. 

Clap     It was criminal actually.  
Willy_S View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Willy_S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2015 at 6:01pm
Originally posted by Ibaraki Ibaraki wrote:

It was McShane'a ball to clear. Blaming given for that is beyond harsh.
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2015 at 10:29pm
Did poor enough in the shoot out there I thought. He has a poor record for penalty saves.
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
GreenDodger93 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GreenDodger93 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2015 at 11:41pm
I'd say 70% of Luton penalties went down the middle, would it have killed him to stand still for at least one haha
Bohsfan84 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bohsfan84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2015 at 11:45pm
He saved a Lampard penalty once.
Stoked Up View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stoked Up Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2015 at 5:48pm
I didn't see the game, but according to some on Stoke's forum, he gave an excellent account of himself and most seem pleased that he's chosen Stoke as deputy to the improving Butland. I only saw the penalty shoot out and he did his best to get out of the way of every one.

He's expected to play again this weekend so it's ideal for us that he's getting some game time ahead of the qualifiers, because unless he slips on a banana skin it looks set in stone that Mon will play him.
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2015 at 5:54pm
Can we rename this simply the Shay Given thread as he's been retiring for the last 20 years on here.
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Stimpy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stimpy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2015 at 5:54pm
Originally posted by Stoked Up Stoked Up wrote:

I didn't see the game, but according to some on Stoke's forum, he gave an excellent account of himself and most seem pleased that he's chosen Stoke as deputy to the improving Butland. I only saw the penalty shoot out and he did his best to get out of the way of every one.

He's expected to play again this weekend so it's ideal for us that he's getting some game time ahead of the qualifiers, because unless he slips on a banana skin it looks set in stone that Mon will play him.

Butland is number 1 at Stoke, I dont think Shay will play premier league unless Butland gets injured or has a bad patch, he's been decent so far

Edited by Stimpy - 26 Aug 2015 at 5:56pm
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2015 at 7:12pm
Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

Can we rename this simply the Shay Given thread as he's been retiring for the last 20 years on here.

YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Devrozex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devrozex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2015 at 9:33am

I only saw the penalty shoot out and he did his best to get out of the way of every one.

Not massively surprising - was never one of Given's strengths. Only recall him making one penalty save in his career!
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2015 at 9:45am
Originally posted by Devrozex Devrozex wrote:

I only saw the penalty shoot out and he did his best to get out of the way of every one.

Not massively surprising - was never one of Given's strengths. Only recall him making one penalty save in his career!

From Frank Lampard for City in a 1-0 win?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 39404142>
  Share Topic