You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Shay Given

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4142434445 46>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kearney304 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2017 at 11:54am
Originally posted by FrankosHereNow FrankosHereNow wrote:

Originally posted by kearney304 kearney304 wrote:

Originally posted by rolo rolo wrote:

Originally posted by kearney304 kearney304 wrote:

I never ever got a good vibe off him which is strange because he came from nothing. Sure she's meant to be the same so it's no surprise. Met a lot of the lads over the years. Most were sound. Irish internationals like. Hardly Messi / Ronaldo level. 

U sound like a certain British golfer.
Chip on your shoulder much?

This should be fun. A chip on my shoulder over Robbie Keane?

Ireland's greatest ever goalscorer - 100% 

A complete prick - 100% 

Don't get how that makes me sound like I have a chip. 
Do me a f**king favour. Can you imagine how many gimps approach him on a daily basis? 

I have never in my life approached Robbie Keane. I have heard at least 10/15 stories. The latest from when we qualified for the Euro's. 

He's a big time charlie 
Sponsored Links

lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2017 at 7:20pm
Shay is on Rte Weather Live show???

Book sales obviously not going well
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2017 at 7:25pm
Originally posted by lassassinblanc lassassinblanc wrote:

Thought you were ripping the piss
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2017 at 7:35pm
Originally posted by Denis Irwin Denis Irwin wrote:

He is going to be doing the weather forecast later
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2017 at 7:38pm

I heard I wants to do it every day for the next four days.
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2017 at 7:51pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Well he'll never make a weatherman anyway
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2017 at 7:54pm

Hold on here! This was serious? No f**king way!!LOLLOL

This is more stuff from the realms of Partridge.
TonyNotJack View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TonyNotJack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2017 at 8:22pm

Hold on here! This was serious? No f**king way!!LOLLOL

This is more stuff from the realms of Partridge.

Just watching the repeat on + 1. RTE with an hour long programme trying to turn their weather people into TV stars and then Shay Given turns up with his funny haircut and beige trousers...give me youth hostelling with Chris Eubank or monkey tennis any day.
Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2017 at 7:37am
Just been watching an enjoyable piece on Shay Given on skys Premier League World programme.

Its on again on the Sky Sports PL channel at 9.30 am and 19.00 today together with being on catchup.
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
The White Cafu View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The White Cafu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2017 at 1:10pm
Talking about Delaney on OTB lastnight, really makes Delaney out to be a w**ker LOL

"There was a bit of needle with John Delaney and my Dad. I don’t know if he has grudge against me after what my Dad said. It was after one of the games, the FAI were laying off loads of people at the time and a reporter asked my Dad, I think he had a few beers after one of the games and stuff and he said, ‘John Delaney should take a pay cut,’ because all of these people are losing their jobs and stuff. It was on the front page of newspapers."

Before heading to the Euros in the 2012, a few of the senior players, including Given, had a meeting with Delaney on behalf of the squad to discuss their bonuses for the tournament, but much to his surprise, the CEO brought up his father's comments from years before,

"This popped up in a meeting in 2012 for our bonuses, me, John O’Shea and Robbie Keane we were talking to John Delaney about bonuses for the whole squad, you know, the senior players. And he pops up saying, ‘What about your Dad saying this and that?’

I was raging like, fuming. What has that got to do with me, you know?

My Dad can say what he wants and he kind of got stitched up a little as well. It wasn’t the right time or place to talk about conversation. We were talking about something totally different and it was so out of the blue but I don’t know if there is a bit of history there but I felt I could have had a phone call off somebody."
gufct View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Trapattoni could manage me any day!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gufct Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2017 at 1:18pm
Typical jd no one allowed question or criticize him .
One City,One County,One Club GUFC will be back.
AntrimMan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
YBIG's resident Nordy/London Hipster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AntrimMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2017 at 2:34pm
Watched a thing last night with Ryan Giggs and Gary Neville talking about Giggs playing in Manchester Derbys at the beginning and near the end of his career.

Anyway - he said something interesting about Given. For one of his assists, he crossed it in for Fletcher I think to score.

He said when he played against Given, he didn't really have to think about it - just swing the ball in as Given won't come for it - he's a goal line keeper. 

I think its generally accepted that was the reason as top club never came in for him but was interesting to hear from a fella pro how they could change their game when he was in goal.

@AntrimMan85
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2017 at 2:42pm
I remember that game. He was very slow off his line Given, didn't command his area.
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2017 at 2:52pm
Given did his best work when he had a commanding centre back in front of him. 
AKA pedantic kunt
Donegal sir View Drop Down
Phil Babb
Phil Babb

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donegal sir Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2017 at 6:27pm
Originally posted by AntrimMan AntrimMan wrote:

Watched a thing last night with Ryan Giggs and Gary Neville talking about Giggs playing in Manchester Derbys at the beginning and near the end of his career.

Anyway - he said something interesting about Given. For one of his assists, he crossed it in for Fletcher I think to score.

He said when he played against Given, he didn't really have to think about it - just swing the ball in as Given won't come for it - he's a goal line keeper. 

I think its generally accepted that was the reason as top club never came in for him but was interesting to hear from a fella pro how they could change their game when he was in goal.

shay didn't come of his line because he knew he didn't have the height to catch every ball.it was a smart way of hiding his one and only flaw.if he came of his line he would of made more mistakes and be exposed more often but he was an outstanding goalkeeper who deserved better from that arrogant **** Delaney.Delaney seems to think he is something but the useless turd wouldn't be fit to clean givens boots
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Dec 2017 at 7:41pm
Was Given his book for Christmas (see what I did there?)

Anyway I only read a few bits here and there of it so far but read the bit about how he came back into the Ireland squad in 2014/5.    Not a mention of David Forde which I found odd seeing as he was No.1 at the time.  He mentions Randolph, Westwood and Elliott and competing for a starting place with them but again no mention of Forde.  He also fails to mention him when he says talks about the game in Turner's Cross and the final squad being picked. 

Reading between the lines and from looking at Forde's documentary it seems he was frozen out.

Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2018 at 3:43pm
Given is on Final Score on the BBC now, he really comes across as a bit of a bungalow, even by football's standards.
DeclanDaly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeclanDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2018 at 4:02pm

Given is on Final Score on the BBC now, he really comes across as a bit of a bungalow, even by football's standards.

Only got one story?
You asked if I'd be anyone from history, fact or fiction, dead or alive:
I said "I'd be Tony Cascarino, circa 1995"
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4142434445 46>
  Share Topic