You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Shay Given

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3031323334 46>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2017 at 5:07pm
Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

LOL

You're welcome to him now. 
Thanks for the offer, but he's too old - we'll stick with young Roy Carroll for now...
Sponsored Links

AntrimMan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
YBIG's resident Nordy/London Hipster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AntrimMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2017 at 5:10pm
Saw him in the Bot one night a few years back when he was doing them. Think it was Johnny Evans with him at the time. Wednesday in there when people still went to the Bot. Messy
@AntrimMan85
Territorial View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2017 at 5:23pm
Little known piece of Irish Goalkeeping Trivia:
Shay Given's father played goals in the Fermanagh & Western League at the same time as Roy Carroll's father (also a keeper).
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2017 at 5:25pm
Originally posted by lassassinblanc lassassinblanc wrote:

Didn't he go through a messy divorce?  I think he was well paid at Villa and Stoke hence why he stayed paid nicely for the alimony

Is there any other type?

Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2017 at 7:40am
Shay getting linked with the same club Atletico de Kolkata that Robbie Keane has signed for.
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2017 at 11:00am
Shay is a guest on Goals on Sunday now.
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
Nib View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nib Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2017 at 11:56am
Given not coming across well at all. 

Ben Shepard: Tell us about that run in with that manager?

Given: Would you believe I'm writing a book at the moment so you'll have to buy that to find out.

He's money mad.

Also moaning that he wasn't given a testimonial at Newcastle.
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2017 at 12:27pm
So all of a sudden Shay is a **** now
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2017 at 12:28pm
Originally posted by BigStrongMan BigStrongMan wrote:

Embarrassing views by some
TonyNotJack View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TonyNotJack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2017 at 1:50pm
When you've lost a lot of money in a divorce and you're transitioning from getting a huge wage as a professional footballer to a much lower one as a pundit or whatever, isn't it sensible to be thinking financially and about the future? I wouldn't exactly be feeling sorry for him as I'm sure he's much better off than most people but he's not doing anything wrong thinking that way.
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2017 at 11:18am
https://www.theguardian.com/football/audio/2017/aug/14/goals-petulance-and-absent-defences-the-premier-league-is-back-football-weekly

Gets a bit of dressing down on Guardian Podcast  from Barry Glenddenning from about 38 minutes onwards.

On side note sad to see James Richardson no longer hosting the podcast more sad to see him being replaced by Max Rushden.

irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2017 at 8:16pm

LOL

Sure this is ybig  LOL and the wind is blowing in the Given beng a cxxt direction.  

He'll be sound again next week

Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2017 at 8:33pm
Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

LOL

Sure this is ybig  LOL and the wind is blowing in the Given beng a cxxt direction.  

He'll be sound again next week

when is your wind direction changing Muff ? Smile
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2017 at 12:26am

https://www.theguardian.com/football/audio/2017/aug/14/goals-petulance-and-absent-defences-the-premier-league-is-back-football-weekly

Gets a bit of dressing down on Guardian Podcast  from Barry Glenddenning from about 38 minutes onwards.

On side note sad to see James Richardson no longer hosting the podcast more sad to see him being replaced by Max Rushden.

Not only BG having a pop at Given, J Wilson said Given was hugely over rated. I tend to agree with them but accept Given was very good for Ireland until Euro 2012. And yeah, Max not a patch on JR. Would like McInnes get a crack at it...
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2017 at 12:31am
Originally posted by Cabra Hoop Cabra Hoop wrote:

Not only BG having a pop at Given, J Wilson said Given was hugely over rated. I tend to agree with them but accept Given was very good for Ireland until Euro 2012. And yeah, Max not a patch on JR. Would like McInnes get a crack at it...

Nice of you to accept that. Would you not also accept that he was probably the best goalie we've ever had or certainly our best in the last half century anyway?
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
OnTheOneRoad View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OnTheOneRoad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2017 at 1:17am

Overrated by who? Joe Hart, Jack Butland, Jordan Pickford, and Fraser Forster have at different points been rated higher by the same media than Shay ever was at any point in his career in England
No thank you Turkish......I'm sweet enough
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2017 at 1:55am
Originally posted by OnTheOneRoad OnTheOneRoad wrote:

Overrated by who? Joe Hart, Jack Butland, Jordan Pickford, and Fraser Forster have at different points been rated higher by the same media than Shay ever was at any point in his career in England
Irish fans. I was probably guilty of this myself at times. A lot of us, and some in the media too, seemed to think he was world-class, when he was never anywhere near.

I am actually glad to hear that James Richardson has left that podcast. I listened to that show for far longer than I should have because of him, he deserves far better than to be listening to that oaf Glendinning every week!
TonyNotJack View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TonyNotJack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2017 at 2:41am

Jonathan Wilson : "He always gave the impression he was much smaller than he actually was"

Barry Glendenning : "Titus Bramble was quite a good defender until he started playing in front of Shay Give and I can't help thinking his descent into slapstick was to do with that as he wasn't the only defender that happened to" 

Ouch

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3031323334 46>
  Share Topic