You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Shane O'Neill

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dubstep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Shane O'Neill
    Posted: 02 Jun 2014 at 2:29pm
New to the forum lads, but seen last week Irish born player who plays for MLS side Colorado Rapids who is only 20 scored a cracker, he has trained with the USA senior squad and played in the U 20 World cup for them, surely MON could do no wrong in calling him up for friendly's coming up in America.
Sponsored Links

grannyrule View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote grannyrule Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2014 at 4:33pm
I thought of this also. Mike Magee is worth a call up too. None will happen though.
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2014 at 4:51pm
Originally posted by grannyrule grannyrule wrote:

I thought of this also. Mike Magee is worth a call up too. None will happen though.

Not eligible, and O'Neill was just in the US preliminary squad too I'm pretty sure so that ain't gonna happen either.
We're decent enough..
grannyrule View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote grannyrule Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2014 at 5:34pm
Originally posted by The O'Shea The O'Shea wrote:

Not eligible, and O'Neill was just in the US preliminary squad too I'm pretty sure so that ain't gonna happen either.

You are sure??? - http://www.herald.ie/sport/soccer/magee-might-take-oneill-call-29776434.html
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2014 at 5:54pm

Originally posted by The O'Shea The O'Shea wrote:

You are sure??? - http://www.herald.ie/sport/soccer/magee-might-take-oneill-call-29776434.html

Said himself he's not eligible, dunno where Keane got the idea he was, probably just went on the name.
We're decent enough..
StephenHendrick View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote StephenHendrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2014 at 8:08pm
Shane Long said Sean Morrison was eligible and he wasn't so we should stop relying on hearsay and start relying on facts.

We should also stop relying on other countries to get players for our national team and use what we already have and what we have coming through.

Look at England ffs. They aren't great shakes. If someone is too sh*te to play for them, they aren't going to be saviours for us.
Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2014 at 8:18pm
Originally posted by StephenHendrick StephenHendrick wrote:

Shane Long said Sean Morrison was eligible and he wasn't so we should stop relying on hearsay and start relying on facts.

We should also stop relying on other countries to get players for our national team and use what we already have and what we have coming through.

Look at England ffs. They aren't great shakes. If someone is too sh*te to play for them, they aren't going to be saviours for us.

That will NEVER happen.

Also, if a hot prospect from Chelsea declared for us would you rather he didn't due to him being born in England? Don't be silly.
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
dubstep View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dubstep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2014 at 8:31pm
Why not, if a player wants to declare and is eligible why not ?

Were not the only country at it sure look at Italy had a American born, Argentian born and Brazillian born in the starting 11 against us the other night !
StephenHendrick View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote StephenHendrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2014 at 8:49pm
Originally posted by Green Devil Green Devil wrote:

That will NEVER happen.

Also, if a hot prospect from Chelsea declared for us would you rather he didn't due to him being born in England? Don't be silly.

That isn't going to happen. If they are good enough to play for Chelsea, they will play for England - like Patrick Bamford, like Michael and Will Keane at Man Utd and like Harry Kane at Tottenham.

They might come back to us in four or five years when they are floundering at S****horpe.

I wasn't specifically talking about lads like Carruthers, Murray and Grealish who are already with us either.

I'm more on about players in their mid-twenties just deciding they want to play for Ireland.

The likes of Richard Stearman aren't going to offer anything.
KING-CON View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KING-CON Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2014 at 9:00pm
He is interested......

http://prosoccertalk.nbcsports.com/2013/10/03/colorado-rapids-defender-shane-oneill-debating-between-u-s-ireland/
SligoLad_95 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SligoLad_95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2014 at 10:37am
Originally posted by KING-CON KING-CON wrote:

He is interested......

http://prosoccertalk.nbcsports.com/2013/10/03/colorado-rapids-defender-shane-oneill-debating-between-u-s-ireland/

He also said that he definatley considers himself an American
Blue Man View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blue Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2014 at 7:14pm

Originally posted by Green Devil Green Devil wrote:

That will NEVER happen.

That isn't going to happen. If they are good enough to play for Chelsea, they will play for England - like Patrick Bamford, like Michael and Will Keane at Man Utd and like Harry Kane at Tottenham.

They might come back to us in four or five years when they are floundering at S****horpe.

I wasn't specifically talking about lads like Carruthers, Murray and Grealish who are already with us either.

The likes of Richard Stearman aren't going to offer anything.

My mate has gone and reinvented himself at Scunny and hopefully another good season will see him back in the international fold. Whats your point?
"Everytime Leeds concede a goal, its like being stabbed in the heart" - Billy Bremner

Gary Speed 1969-2011

YBIG Blind Date Champion 2010
JUICEBOMB View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JUICEBOMB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2014 at 10:26pm
We shouldn't be capping league one players with the current crop available.......
hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard
Steve Amsterdam View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I love buses

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve Amsterdam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2017 at 10:13pm
Shane has signed for Eredivisie club Excelsior Rotterdam on loan for the season.

Just seen it pop up in sportnews here. I'll be keeping an eye on him so.
Molly Malone's pub- The home of YBIG in Amsterdam!
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2017 at 10:30pm
Originally posted by Steve Amsterdam Steve Amsterdam wrote:

Shane has signed for Eredivisie club Excelsior Rotterdam on loan for the season.

Wasn't he at Breda last year? Looked out of his depth at Cambridge, but never really got a chance either.
Steve Amsterdam View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I love buses

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve Amsterdam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2017 at 10:56pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Originally posted by Steve Amsterdam Steve Amsterdam wrote:

Wasn't he at Breda last year? Looked out of his depth at Cambridge, but never really got a chance either.

He was yeah. NAC was in the 1st division then, which I seldomly watch tbh. It'll be interesting to see how he does in the Eredivisie.
Molly Malone's pub- The home of YBIG in Amsterdam!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic