You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Shane Long
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login


Shane Long

 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 272273274
Author
Message
Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane


Joined: 24 Sep 2008
Location: Sunderland
Status: Offline
Points: 31289
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2019 at 8:57pm
Originally posted by The O'Shea The O'Shea wrote:

Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

Originally posted by The O'Shea The O'Shea wrote:

Dressing it up? It's a description of what happened LOL

You're making out that it more of a good save rather than a chance that should've been scored because he's an Irish player.  

I said it was a great save because it was a great save. If you're looking for the real sitter missed, it was Armstrong on the follow up.
It was embarrassing from Armstrong.
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
Back to Top
Sponsored Links


Back to Top
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Avatar

Joined: 16 Aug 2013
Location: Ireland
Status: Offline
Points: 5476
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2019 at 9:13pm
He's incredibly unlucky LOL Header blocked off the line after a great bit of play, but Armstrong makes no mistake on the follow up this time.
We're decent enough..
Back to Top
irishmufc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Avatar
I love Vulvas

Joined: 09 Aug 2011
Location: Dublin
Status: Offline
Points: 19783
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2019 at 9:22pm
Originally posted by The O'Shea The O'Shea wrote:

Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

Originally posted by The O'Shea The O'Shea wrote:

Dressing it up? It's a description of what happened LOL

You're making out that it more of a good save rather than a chance that should've been scored because he's an Irish player.  

I said it was a great save because it was a great save. If you're looking for the real sitter missed, it was Armstrong on the follow up.

And if Long missed the follow up you'd be deflecting the blame towards the non-Irish player for not scoring at such close range. 
That was soft rock cocaine enthusiasts Fleetwood Mac
Back to Top
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Avatar

Joined: 16 Aug 2013
Location: Ireland
Status: Offline
Points: 5476
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2019 at 9:42pm
And if he'd missed the follow you'd slaughter him and not even mention the original miss; so what's your point?
We're decent enough..
Back to Top
irishmufc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Avatar
I love Vulvas

Joined: 09 Aug 2011
Location: Dublin
Status: Offline
Points: 19783
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2019 at 9:43pm
Originally posted by The O'Shea The O'Shea wrote:

He's incredibly unlucky LOL Header blocked off the line after a great bit of play, but Armstrong makes no mistake on the follow up this time.
 

He was desperately unlucky on that one. Cry

Still applauded his teammate who scored immediately after he was sickened it didn't go in. Great to seeClap 
That was soft rock cocaine enthusiasts Fleetwood Mac
Back to Top
irishmufc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Avatar
I love Vulvas

Joined: 09 Aug 2011
Location: Dublin
Status: Offline
Points: 19783
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2019 at 9:52pm
Originally posted by The O'Shea The O'Shea wrote:

And if he'd missed the follow you'd slaughter him and not even mention the original miss; so what's your point?

I don't have any negative agenda towards any of our national team players or managers. You seem reluctant to criticise Irish players on here and tend to overrate them imo. 

He just isn't a natural scorer and it's a natural scorer an average side like ours needs as we'll never create a huge amount of chances in games. 
That was soft rock cocaine enthusiasts Fleetwood Mac
Back to Top
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Avatar

Joined: 16 Aug 2013
Location: Ireland
Status: Offline
Points: 5476
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2019 at 10:17pm
I'm negative towards any amount of them. And I've been fairly emphatic in agreeing that he's not a natural goalscorer, that's never been in dispute. Even when he had his best season with Southampton, I cautioned against the thinking that he'd suddenly become a better finisher. However, none of that changes the fact that i) It was an outstanding save; and ii) He was very unlucky not to score considering he got such a clean contact on the ball. Ironically, if he'd scuffed it it probably would have went in in this case.
We're decent enough..
Back to Top
Devrozex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Avatar

Joined: 23 Oct 2010
Location: Dublin
Status: Online
Points: 6289
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devrozex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Yesterday at 9:59am
I'd agree with The O'Shea on this one to be honest. Normally when you hit it that sweetly from such close range it goes in anyway - whether at the keeper or not. Of course he should have scored but he got very unlucky. You so often see shots like that bounce in off some part of the keeper.
 
Overall thought he played well anyway although appeared to pick up an injury of some description. Hopefully minor enough.

"This is what separates the men from the fagg*ts." Dec. Jerry Lynch
Back to Top
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 272273274
  Share Topic   

Forum Jump Forum Permissions View Drop Down

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.00
Copyright ©2001-2018 Web Wiz Ltd.