Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Shane Long

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 262263264265266 306>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2018 at 8:06pm
Mon was the Ulster schools GAA championship , MacRory cup, AND won the European cup.

Sponsored Links

irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2018 at 8:25pm
Originally posted by Denis Irwin Denis Irwin wrote:

Muff f**k off with this derogatory sh*te. It takes some amount of skill to play hurling at the level Long did.  Stop with your sneery attitude. Hilarious thing is come 4 weeks time ye'll probably shouting for Mayo when they play Galway 

Did I say it didn't? Did I state that hurling wasn't skillful? I'm being derogatory?! 

Of course I'll be shouting for Mayo as its  where I'm from. How is that hilarious?!It's hardly unreasonable that players like Long may have been better footballers if they weren't playing in the gah/GAA for so long in their development years. 
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2018 at 8:28pm
Originally posted by The O'Shea The O'Shea wrote:

Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Very poor technically like most of our players saw him mess up that great chance 

I wonder would he have been better technically if he didn't stick to the gah for so long. 

What on earth is "gah"? Long played hurling to a high level, a sport far superior to football in terms of required skills.

LOL

It's a slang term for the GAA. It's not mean't in a derogatory way.

But if you feel that way about football, why don't you piss off to the Hogan Stand and cream yourself over the " far superior" hurling. 

Ever hear of enjoying more than one sport? Or would that contradict you narrow world-view? To play two separate sports up to the levels Long has is fairly incredible, it's not something to be mocked.

My narrow world-view says the 'far superior' hurling advocate.

I'm mocking your post not Shane Long and what he has achieved at both gah (sorry GAA) and football level.

Edited by irishmufc - 22 Apr 2018 at 8:29pm
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2018 at 8:36pm

Muff f**k off with this derogatory sh*te. It takes some amount of skill to play hurling at the level Long did.  Stop with your sneery attitude. Hilarious thing is come 4 weeks time ye'll probably shouting for Mayo when they play Galway 

Did I say it didn't? Did I state that hurling wasn't skillful? I'm being derogatory?! 

Of course I'll be shouting for Mayo as its  where I'm from. How is that hilarious?!It's hardly unreasonable that players like Long may have been better footballers if they weren't playing in the gah/GAA for so long in their development years. 

Yeah I'm sure that's it ffs. Are you seriously suggesting he should have  just ignored the opportunity to play for his county. Plenty of sportspeople have managed to excel at more than one sport and here you are suggesting someone shouldn't 

Edited by Denis Irwin - 22 Apr 2018 at 8:37pm
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2018 at 8:43pm

Yeah I'm sure that's it ffs. Are you seriously suggesting he should have  just ignored the opportunity to play for his county 

Why are you personalising it to Long specifically? I didn't suggest anything. 

I'm speaking in general that players may have had their development curtailed because they played other/gah sports.
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2018 at 8:45pm

Yeah I'm sure that's it ffs. Are you seriously suggesting he should have  just ignored the opportunity to play for his county 

I'm speaking in general that players may have had their development curtailed because they played other/gah sports.

Proof  ? 

Moran and Long have proved otherwise 

Others in other Sports have played GAA as well and done well in both 

Edited by Denis Irwin - 22 Apr 2018 at 8:49pm
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2018 at 9:15pm
Jack Kirwan also won the All Ireland for Dublin and FA cup for Spurs.

Then went on to Manage Ajax to a division 2 title. 

pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2018 at 9:21pm
Long's technique is what leaves him down though, I assume this comes from him coming to the game late.
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2018 at 9:46pm

Very poor technically like most of our players saw him mess up that great chance 

I wonder would he have been better technically if he didn't stick to the gah for so long. 

What on earth is "gah"? Long played hurling to a high level, a sport far superior to football in terms of required skills.

LOL

But if you feel that way about football, why don't you piss off to the Hogan Stand and cream yourself over the " far superior" hurling. 

Ever hear of enjoying more than one sport? Or would that contradict you narrow world-view? To play two separate sports up to the levels Long has is fairly incredible, it's not something to be mocked.

I'm mocking your post not Shane Long and what he has achieved at both gah (sorry GAA) and football level.

There is no such sport as "gah" or "GAA", the GAA is a sporting association. I never said hurling was a "superior sport", I said it is more skilful.
We're decent enough..
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2018 at 7:45am

Proof  ? 

Moran and Long have proved otherwise 

Others in other Sports have played GAA as well and done well in both 

Proved what exactly? That they can be good at both?!That's not the argument. 

Long MAY have developed better technically if he was solely focused on playing football. It's hardly an outrageous suggestion. 
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2018 at 7:53am

LOL

There is no such sport as "gah" or "GAA", the GAA is a sporting association. I never said hurling was a "superior sport", I said it is more skilful.

You stated hurling was far superior in terms of skills. How is is that not implying it's a superior sport?!

Gah is a collective slang term to describe the GAA and all the sports it encompasses. Get over it precious. 
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2018 at 9:02am

LOL

You stated hurling was far superior in terms of skills. How is is that not implying it's a superior sport?!

Gah is a collective slang term to describe the GAA and all the sports it encompasses. Get over it precious. 

There is more to sport than skill. Golf is an extremely technical sport, that doesn't mean it's exciting. Similarly, hurling is a far more difficult sport to master than football, than doesn't mean it's a "better" sport; that is down to subjective opinion.

In that case, it's not very useful slang, because you could be referring to any of 5 sports. Was Long a talented rounders player?LOL
We're decent enough..
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2018 at 9:08am
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Long's technique is what leaves him down though, I assume this comes from him coming to the game late.

What?

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2018 at 3:53pm
A bit of a Wesht Cork colloquialism for ya Baggio. It must be pronounced 'layves' too.
MC Hammered View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2018 at 3:59pm

A bit of a Wesht Cork colloquialism for ya Baggio. It must be pronounced 'layves' too.

Major tangent here but did you read Kevin Barrys "City of Bohane" by any chance? I realise he is a Limerick man but the book is written with a Cork/Limerick mixed accent in mind. 
El Puto Amo
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2018 at 4:02pm

LOL
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2018 at 4:19pm
Originally posted by MC Hammered MC Hammered wrote:

Major tangent here but did you read Kevin Barrys "City of Bohane" by any chance? I realise he is a Limerick man but the book is written with a Cork/Limerick mixed accent in mind. 
A cracking book, was amazed at how much I enjoyed it. He also wrote a fantastic and heartfelt eulogy about the city of Cork for a literary journal.
He is a fine writer.
MC Hammered View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2018 at 4:33pm

Originally posted by MC Hammered MC Hammered wrote:

A cracking book, was amazed at how much I enjoyed it. He also wrote a fantastic and heartfelt eulogy about the city of Cork for a literary journal.
He is a fine writer.

I just finished it. Thoroughly enjoyed it and will be checking out his other work. 
El Puto Amo
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 262263264265266 306>
  Share Topic