You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Shane Long

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 260261262263264 306>
Author
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mully_85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2018 at 3:00pm
break out the red panties
Sponsored Links

DUBLIN DOC View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
The F The F The FAI

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DUBLIN DOC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2018 at 3:12pm
Playing with an injury aswell
CillDara View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CillDara Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2018 at 3:37pm
Just had a goal ruled out for offside, shame as it was a great reaction finish at a ball that came at him at pace.
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2018 at 3:43pm
He's having a really good all-round game, loves playing against Arsenal.
We're decent enough..
rebelbrowser View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rebelbrowser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2018 at 3:45pm
best he has played in 2 years. welcome back Shane.
Deane View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Deane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2018 at 3:47pm
Was going to say the same. Hes playing very well
TonyNotJack View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TonyNotJack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2018 at 4:46pm
Shane played well. Southampton look doomed.Arsenal had only a handful of half chances and score 3 goals.
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2018 at 5:58pm
Had a good game, he's exactly the type of player who would cause that Arsenal defence problems. Hopefully he can take confidence from scoring today in to the last part of the season.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
amccarten313 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amccarten313 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2018 at 8:52pm
happy for him to get back on the scoresheet. hope he canget a few more before seasons end
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2018 at 1:47pm
Mike Dean giving him absolutely nothing in this game, seems to be verging on personal...

Alonso stamped down on him in the first half, it was a blatant red card with Dean looking straight at it, but he turned a blind eye. He's also waived away numerous fouls in the second half. He really is an arrogant, vindictive  loser.
We're decent enough..
adineen98 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adineen98 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2018 at 2:59pm
He did very well today, I thought. Put Chelsea's defence under pressure many times and very nearly scored a brilliant goal.
Tír gan teanga, tír gan anam
Hans Moleman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Muff: That is a lie and you are a liar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2018 at 8:39pm
Great to see him finding that bit of spark in his play again. Atrocious display of refereeing today, Long getting assaulted on a few occasions because of that.
"I called him an embarrassment to FIFA and to himself," .... He said 'No-one speaks to me like that'.... and I said, "well I do' and that was that."
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2018 at 9:10pm
This from the BBC just now - in front of goal nothing is going his way.

Shane Long hits a shot on the turn from point blank range, Leicester keeper Ben Hamer sticks his hands up more in hope than anything and somehow makes the save.

SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2018 at 4:11pm
I hope as he stuck the hand up he said: "Stop! .... Hamer time"
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2018 at 4:16pm
On the pints already SD Clap

FrankosHereNow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2018 at 4:17pm
Originally posted by SuperDave84 SuperDave84 wrote:

I hope as he stuck the hand up he said: "Stop! .... Hamer time"
LOL That really made me laugh.
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2018 at 4:21pm
Originally posted by Zinedine Kilbane 110 Zinedine Kilbane 110 wrote:

On the pints already SD Clap

Unsurprisingly, I'm on a train, but you've just given me an idea.
amccarten313 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amccarten313 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2018 at 5:42pm
ill start by saying I really like shane long, one of my favorite players over the years, tend to think hes been a bit underrated. that said, given his contract a Southampton is until summer 2020, I actually don't think (from an irish perspective) them going down would be the worst thing for him. sure I want to see irish players in the top flight in England or abroad but hes really struggled for form, and starts only about half the time it seems like. championship could give him regular minutes and a confidence boost. just a thought. hes also 31, not getting any younger
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 260261262263264 306>
  Share Topic