You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Shane Duffy

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 136137138
Author
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2021 at 4:56am
Agree with that Andy. In terms of consistency and confidence, it's definitely the best we've seen him play. In previous campaigns, he's always been great aerially and with blocks in our box. But his passing has improved so much, to a level I didn't think he'd ever get close.

I'd written him off as a defender who can play a higher line, but he's shown he can now.

Also played a part in the 3rd goal dribbling past a couple of players before the ball gets to Hendrick.

Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
Sponsored Links

Eoink21 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eoink21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2021 at 6:23am
Would love to know what he did to improve on the ball so much. I do think there were nerves and confidence issues making him look worse than he was but taking those into account, I still think he has improved on the ball with regards to his control particularly. 

I have an image in my head of him hammering a ball off a wall all summer long. 

Also, he got a fantastic ovation editing the pitch tonight. I think he is really feeling the love. If you remember Seamus Coleman's passionate backing of him in, I think, March and now the support. It's great to see him being rallied around. 
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2021 at 9:11am
I feared he was only going to go one way. What an incredible turnaround. He has been absolutely brilliant. 

I wasnt always his biggest fan. Found him a bit too oafish for my liking and that was evident in some of his play. Lashing a simple 10 yard pass to a team mate and often a bit clumsy. But seriously, what a transformation. I watched his post match chat with TOD too. Came across very well. 

Impressed Thumbs Up
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Devrozex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devrozex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2021 at 10:21am
Originally posted by t_rAndy t_rAndy wrote:

He is the best Duffy we have seen full stop, his form hasn’t just got back to what it was he is like a new man altogether with how he is playing. His performances are up there with great CBs of days gone past lately while always having the aerial threat.

Would agree with that. His game appears to have been taken to a whole new level this season for both club and country. Particularly impressive given he's just come off the worst season of his career.

"This is what separates the men from the fagg*ts." Dec. Jerry Lynch
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2021 at 10:24am
Originally posted by Eoink21 Eoink21 wrote:

Would love to know what he did to improve on the ball so much. I do think there were nerves and confidence issues making him look worse than he was but taking those into account, I still think he has improved on the ball with regards to his control particularly. 

I have an image in my head of him hammering a ball off a wall all summer long. 

Also, he got a fantastic ovation editing the pitch tonight. I think he is really feeling the love. If you remember Seamus Coleman's passionate backing of him in, I think, March and now the support. It's great to see him being rallied around. 

I think a lot of it might be down to fitness, he just looked so out of shape at Celtic last year. There were rumours about some of the players there employing their own personal fitness coaches as the standard of the club fitness training was so bad under the previous setup. Obviously Duffy had added off field problems also which weren't helping.

I know from playing a lot of football myself that, when you're at peak fitness, you can do things that's you can't do when you are out of shape. When the fitness isn't there, the football brain goes with it and your technical game suffers. As well as looking much more technically competent, I've seen him make a number of last ditch tackles and interceptions in the last few weeks that he just wouldn't have made last season because he was way out of shape for a pro footballer.
aviva8 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aviva8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2021 at 11:09am
Lads this man has been excellent for us over the last number of years. Excellent player and a fantastic servant who hasn't ever let us down
Nialler View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nialler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2021 at 11:47am
He has actually been our best player for quite a few years. 
Had his blip and came back. Gotta respect him.
amccarten313 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amccarten313 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2021 at 3:50pm
hats off to him. epitomizing the change in style under SK given he was one that was looked as probably the least likely to be able to play this way. credit to him for bouncing back, what a player
John Nice View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Yesterday at 10:47am
Seems very unlikely he could be dropped given how well he's playing, but worth keeping an eye on with Lamptey and Webster back in training and pushing for game time. Essentially this means they now have 5, Webster, Dunk, Burn, Duffy and Veltman competing for 3 spots in the starting XI
Idah Dream!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 136137138
  Share Topic