Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Shane Duffy

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 118119120121122 157>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2021 at 10:12pm
What happens Duffy next season?
He is 29 and has one year left on his contract. 
Apparently his wages are £40k a week.

Sponsored Links

You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2021 at 10:27pm
Probably a move down to a Championship club with his wages for  next season split between Brighton and whatever club he moves to. Forest seems a possibility because of Hughton but every chance he'll be sacked between now and the summer.
cardwizzard View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cardwizzard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2021 at 10:29pm
Originally posted by Zinedine Kilbane 110 Zinedine Kilbane 110 wrote:

What happens Duffy next season?
He is 29 and has one year left on his contract. 
Apparently his wages are £40k a week.

Think he has 2. 5 years left on the contact. 

Decent game tonight, wouldn't blame him at all for the hibs goal. 
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2021 at 10:35pm
He’ll def not be at Celtic anyway come the summer. Just hasn’t happened for him there 
Will probably be looking for a championship club or Burnley to come in for him 
NewtNewbie View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NewtNewbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2021 at 10:42pm
Celtic otherwise performing so well, of course. 
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2021 at 10:44pm
Originally posted by NewtNewbie NewtNewbie wrote:

No one has said he’s the only problem or that if he left they’d suddenly become a great team

Call a spade a spade ffs. He’s been sh*te 
NewtNewbie View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NewtNewbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2021 at 11:18pm
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

No one has said he’s the only problem or that if he left they’d suddenly become a great team

Perhaps, but amongst those that matter, the well-worn expression 'to call a spade a spade a spade' is now considered racist. 
Frabhoy View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Frabhoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2021 at 12:53am

Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Perhaps, but amongst those that matter, the well-worn expression 'to call a spade a spade a spade' is now considered racist. 

I hear you're a racist now Baggio.

New start will do Duffy the world of good hopefully. 
trapscat View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trapscat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2021 at 12:26pm
forest would be a good fit for duffy, so hopefully for us and shane he moves, needs to be playing, and playing at a higher level. 
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2021 at 1:28pm
He won't go anywhere until the Covid isolation period is over after the Lennon piss up in Dubai, as they are short on centre backs, but after that hopefully he gets the move to Forest. There's no recovering his reputation at Celtic now, he has been a disaster there. However, he seems to work well with Hughton and with the way Hughton sets his team's up so hopefully he can help him get back to his best.

That still doesn't solve the issue that he is totally unsuited to Stephen Kenny's set up in the same way he is unsuited to the Celtic setup though. Based on what we have seen of him in a team that plays the ball on the ground I think it would be a mistake for Kenny to continue to pick him for the national team, unless he is willing to switch to a more pragmatic style of play.
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2021 at 1:51pm
Dropping last years top goal scorer Cry
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2021 at 6:13pm
avfc View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote avfc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2021 at 3:43pm
Originally posted by Hotlips_Hoolahan Hotlips_Hoolahan wrote:

Would still be a good signing and he'll bought at a bargain price.
tonyjaa View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

WATP 55 not out

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tonyjaa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2021 at 3:38pm
35mins in and today is safely Duffys worst ever performance in a Celtic shirt

Please god someone else sign him please PLEASE
E2016 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote E2016 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2021 at 5:30pm
He hits new lows every week. Simply cannot start for us in our next games. Would be horrific management to name him in first 11, his form is utterly horrific. 

An embarassment today. One of the worst centre back performances you will ever see and that is no exaggeration.
Donegalman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donegalman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2021 at 5:37pm
The game finished 0-0. I can be fairly certain it wasn’t one of the worst centre half performances you could see. Celtic have been shocking all season but they can’t blame every single game on Duffy. 
E2016 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote E2016 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2021 at 5:39pm
Originally posted by Donegalman Donegalman wrote:

The game finished 0-0. I can be fairly certain it wasn’t one of the worst centre half performances you could see. Celtic have been shocking all season but they can’t blame every single game on Duffy. 

So you didnt watch the game and now your on here to correct what I watched.

Come back to me after you watch it. He was an abomination. He gave the ball away virtually every time he had it.
SUPERWESLEYHOOLAHAN View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SUPERWESLEYHOOLAHAN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2021 at 5:41pm
Mod edit:

Cut out the personal abuse. 

Edited by Sham157 - 16 Jan 2021 at 5:48pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 118119120121122 157>
  Share Topic