Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Shane Duffy

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 111112113114115 157>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2020 at 11:21pm
Posting silly, needless stuff on social media still I see 

Sponsored Links

mully_85 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote mully_85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2020 at 1:09am
having a really tough time of it, a lot if it obviously down to the loss of his father... so difficult to get over for anyone. its quite painful to watch because he looks off the pace and his confidence is gone, hopefully big Shane can get through this and back to his best asap
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2020 at 10:35am
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Posted the wrong emoji my hole LOL

Embarrassing really. 
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2020 at 10:38am
Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Embarrassing really. 

What one did post ? 
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2020 at 11:47am
I can't understand why more footballers don't take a leave of absence if they're struggling mentally/emotionally etc?

Losing a parent is a traumatic experience and can take months, years if ever to get over so I don't think anyone would dare judge him if he took the decision to just try and sort his head out for a few weeks.

Leigh Griffiths took that step last season, I'd like to see more footballers doing it tbh.
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
ShamtheRam View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShamtheRam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2020 at 12:35pm
Originally posted by Green Devil Green Devil wrote:

I can't understand why more footballers don't take a leave of absence if they're struggling mentally/emotionally etc?

Losing a parent is a traumatic experience and can take months, years if ever to get over so I don't think anyone would dare judge him if he took the decision to just try and sort his head out for a few weeks.

Leigh Griffiths took that step last season, I'd like to see more footballers doing it tbh.
This. Spot on.

Duffy did an interview on an international duty last week and fronted up that he's struggling. You could see he was only trying to put a brave face on. You need a strong manager to step in here and go look, take some time. Go see your family and then come back.
YBIG NPF founder and CEO
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2020 at 1:22pm
Any link to that?

His body language against Bulgaria suggested playing that game is the last thing he wanted to do.

He's been playing 2 games a week for the last 2 months. He could do with a bit of R&R.
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
mully_85 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mully_85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2020 at 5:12pm
Originally posted by Green Devil Green Devil wrote:

absolutely spot on... seems like he is at a very tough place at the minute 
Territorial View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2020 at 5:22pm

Doesn't have much luck with phones, does he?

"Can’t leave your phone anywhere": Everton defender says pro-IRA tweet was posted by someone else

Four-Four-Two View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Four-Four-Two Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2020 at 5:54pm
Originally posted by Territorial Territorial wrote:

"Can’t leave your phone anywhere": Everton defender says pro-IRA tweet was posted by someone else

ulster never forgets it seem. how sad to spend your time trolling on an irish site
Territorial View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2020 at 6:24pm
Originally posted by Four-Four-Two Four-Four-Two wrote:

ulster never forgets it seem. how sad to spend your time trolling on an irish site

It was only 7 years ago, not 104... Wink
grabli View Drop Down
Phil Babb
Phil Babb

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote grabli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2020 at 7:20pm

<h1 ="section-theme--indicator="" publication-font"="" itemprop="line name">"Can’t leave your phone anywhere": Everton defender says pro-IRA tweet was posted by someone else</h1>

It was only 7 years ago, not 104... Wink
or 330
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Four-Four-Two Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2020 at 6:46pm
celtic continuing to show duffy was not the problem since they have dropped him
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2020 at 7:17pm

To be fair some of the mistakes Duffy was making were of his own doing, players were getting past him with relative ease and his overall distribution has been poor.

Saying that, Celtic are no worse with him in the team, even when he's struggling g for form.
Fitz View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fitz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2020 at 9:33pm

They were awful again, but Duffy has been absolutely shambolic since he signed, no two ways about it, unfortunately.
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Four-Four-Two Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2020 at 9:55pm
sometimes in a shambolic team you are dragged down to a shambolic level. the point is he is not the cause of their defensive woes
50%lesssugar&salt View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 50%lesssugar&salt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2020 at 10:44pm
Originally posted by Fitz Fitz wrote:

They were awful again, but Duffy has been absolutely shambolic since he signed, no two ways about it, unfortunately.

Did he not start off ok there and get a couple of goals? 
Jimmy Raggatip View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimmy Raggatip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2020 at 2:17am

sometimes in a shambolic team you are dragged down to a shambolic level. the point is he is not the cause of their defensive woes

the defence is worse for having played with him LOL
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 111112113114115 157>
  Share Topic