You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Shane Duffy

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5657585960 157>
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeclanDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2018 at 4:44pm
MOTM v Arsenal. Big performance and a big win
You asked if I'd be anyone from history, fact or fiction, dead or alive:
I said "I'd be Tony Cascarino, circa 1995"
Sponsored Links

McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2018 at 4:49pm
Murray was awarded man if the match?
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2018 at 5:00pm
Played well but would have given MOTM to other players.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
DeclanDaly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeclanDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2018 at 5:01pm
Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

Murray was awarded man if the match?

I was going off this Tweet, so maybe it’s just a WhoScored MOTM. Looks like a good performance anyway

https://mobile.twitter.com/WhoScored/status/970328524639948802
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2018 at 5:06pm
He was decent, didn't actually have a huge amount to do despite Arsenal's domination of possession in the 2nd half.
We're decent enough..
longford claret View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote longford claret Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2018 at 5:57pm
Gave a penalty away today, but Rooney missed it.
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2018 at 11:52pm
Did well tonight. Solid if unspectacular. Couldn't fault him for United's goals.

I see Hughton has employed the same hit and hope diagonal ball into Duffy to (hopefully) knock down to an attacking player as O'Neill does.

Can't see him not being one of our starting CB's over the next 6-8 years anyway.
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
deise316 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Don't ask me about car warranty

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deise316 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2018 at 10:25pm
Duffy gets FAI senior player of the year. Well done to him, well deserved, one of the positives in a poor year for us. 

Picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.....
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2018 at 10:39pm
The awards should be scrapped or revised. We do not have enough success to hold an exclusive football awards ceremony every year.

AS YOU WERE McGx

deise316 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Don't ask me about car warranty

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deise316 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2018 at 11:18pm
These awards look poor enough in a year, like this one, that we have been poor in, but every team has one. It may not mean a lot to the millionaire senior pros, but a thing like an individual award could be the thing that gives the U17, U19 or ladies player the confidence or personal boost to step up to the next level, that shouldn't be overlooked either. 

Picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.....
DeclanDaly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeclanDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2018 at 12:10am
Originally posted by deise316 deise316 wrote:

These awards look poor enough in a year, like this one, that we have been poor in, but every team has one. It may not mean a lot to the millionaire senior pros, but a thing like an individual award could be the thing that gives the U17, U19 or ladies player the confidence or personal boost to step up to the next level, that shouldn't be overlooked either. 

That’s right. There’s more to it than just the senior men’s team.

McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2018 at 12:19pm
Wish somebody would proofread his tweets
AS YOU WERE McGx

McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2018 at 12:20pm
Originally posted by DeclanDaly DeclanDaly wrote:

Not even a debate.

But certainly should be revised. Maybe to incorporate other sports and make it an RTÉ gig like the BBC do.
AS YOU WERE McGx

SimonCox View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SimonCox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2018 at 12:46pm
Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

Originally posted by DeclanDaly DeclanDaly wrote:

Not even a debate.

But certainly should be revised. Maybe to incorporate other sports and make it an RTÉ gig like the BBC do.

Such a gig already exists:RTE sports awards. This is the FAI awards.
longford claret View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote longford claret Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2018 at 3:36pm
Duffy backpass gifts Huddersfield an equaliser.
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2018 at 12:04pm
Awful backpass and hopefully doesn't come back to haunt Brighton at the end of the season
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Maccatacca View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maccatacca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2018 at 12:14pm
Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

Awful backpass and hopefully doesn't come back to haunt Brighton at the end of the season

They've a very tough run in. You'd hope for Duffy's sake that they'll be OK, but stranger things have happened. 

Edited by Maccatacca - 08 Apr 2018 at 12:14pm
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2018 at 2:04pm
Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

Propper missed a sitter after 30 seconds but Duffy's mistake will get the headlines. It happens most defenders at least once throughout their careers but it was a bad mistake, especially as it knocked me out of my last man standing competition LOL
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5657585960 157>
  Share Topic