You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Shane Duffy

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5051525354 157>
Author
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pepper67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2017 at 11:31pm
have some people on here not been watching our last few games?..Im shocked we are discussing him being as good as Keogh..Duffy has been brilliant..fantastic defender who is dominant in both boxes .takes responability and is very brave..we have some player here let me tell you
Sponsored Links

9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2017 at 11:40pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

Originally posted by rolo rolo wrote:

Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

Dick Keogh has never let us down and arguably never deserved to lose his place in the team...but that's another story.

Agree with this.

Played a dreadful ball straight to Bale in a dangerous position in March and the latter nearly punished us, ball just went wide. 

Keogh hasnt been seen since. MON clearly decided he can't fully trust him, drafted in Long the next day against Austria.

Duffy has been making mistakes every game, whether it's being completely being caught out of position or extremely poor possession and giving the ball away cheaply.

Keogh has probably made the same amount of mistakes as you've got your hole.

deise316 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Don't ask me about car warranty

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deise316 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2017 at 12:22am

Dick Keogh has never let us down and arguably never deserved to lose his place in the team...but that's another story.

Agree with this.

Played a dreadful ball straight to Bale in a dangerous position in March and the latter nearly punished us, ball just went wide. 

Keogh hasnt been seen since. MON clearly decided he can't fully trust him, drafted in Long the next day against Austria.

Ye are also forgetting the Mexico friendly, even though out of position for a good bit of that game, he was awful that night- I said here somewhere that he was after playing his way out of the team to face Austria, and that proved to be the case. 

Kevin Long is the next fella in line by the looks of things, that said, I wouldn't be overly worried if any of Long, JOS or Keogh had to step in for Clark or Duffy in one or both games. 

Picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.....
colemanY2K View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2017 at 8:05am
Keogh is a bomb scare. Has zero composure or pace.
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2017 at 8:44am
Originally posted by deise316 deise316 wrote:

Agree with this.

Ye are also forgetting the Mexico friendly, even though out of position for a good bit of that game, he was awful that night- I said here somewhere that he was after playing his way out of the team to face Austria, and that proved to be the case. 

Kevin Long is the next fella in line by the looks of things, that said, I wouldn't be overly worried if any of Long, JOS or Keogh had to step in for Clark or Duffy in one or both games. 

3-5-2 was a disaster v Mexico. We were overrun in midfield. Poor performance by the lot of them. 
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2017 at 9:00am
Originally posted by deise316 deise316 wrote:

Agree with this.

Wasn't even thinking about the friendlies as I'd tend to give the players a pass in experimental matches. O'Neill played very open in that game and we were cut to ribbons. I don't think Keogh would've been as exposed if that was a competitive game. Doesn't completely excuse Keogh mind.

Long did okay vs Austria for his first start.

Edited by irishmufc - 16 Oct 2017 at 9:00am
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
dubstep View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dubstep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2017 at 10:35am
Keogh is a very ordinary footballer who has played at a very ordinary level all of his career for a reason. If Duffy is injured it has to be O'Shea.

Edited by dubstep - 16 Oct 2017 at 10:35am
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2017 at 10:38am
Originally posted by dubstep dubstep wrote:

Keogh is a very ordinary footballer who has played at a very ordinary level all of his career for a reason. If Duffy is injured it has to be O'Shea.

Coz you you are Keogh! Keogh!
Always believe in your soul!
You've got the power to know
You're indestructible!
Always believe in
Richard Keogh! Keogh!

Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2017 at 11:16am
Originally posted by colemanY2K colemanY2K wrote:

He's probably the quickest centre-back we have? As for composure, he does seem to lose it when playing for us, but he's always looked extremely composed for Derby, which would suggest it's something that could be corrected.
We're decent enough..
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2017 at 11:45am
When has he lost it playing for us?

I don't ever remember him making any mistakes.
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2017 at 11:48am

Who Keogh or Duffy?
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2017 at 11:50am
Originally posted by The O'Shea The O'Shea wrote:

Originally posted by colemanY2K colemanY2K wrote:

He's probably the quickest centre-back we have? As for composure, he does seem to lose it when playing for us, but he's always looked extremely composed for Derby, which would suggest it's something that could be corrected.

I don't know about that . Clark is fairly quick himself. Used to play left back as well.
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2017 at 11:51am
Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

Who Keogh or Duffy?

Keogh.
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2017 at 11:56am

Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

Who Keogh or Duffy?

Keogh.

His pass to Bale which was only just a lapse of concentration rather a poor performance but it almost proved costly. He's generally done well for us and unlucky not to be starting. 
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2017 at 12:00pm
Keogh and Clark did well in the play offs against Bosnia
I agree, he was steady and untroubled when playing for us but then lost his place all of a sudden after no mistakes. Duffy has done very well of late, but I wouldn't say he's irreplaceable
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2017 at 12:10pm

Loses his composure, not necessarily the ball (albeit he has done that a few times, eg Bale). When he plays for Derby he regularly carries the ball out of defence, plays constructive passes etc., whereas for Ireland his first instinct is to belt the ball away. Scotland was a great example, he defended well but sh*t himself every time the ball came near him. As I've said, it's just nerves rather than a lack of ability, so it can be corrected.
We're decent enough..
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2017 at 12:18pm
Originally posted by The O'Shea The O'Shea wrote:

Loses his composure, not necessarily the ball (albeit he has done that a few times, eg Bale). When he plays for Derby he regularly carries the ball out of defence, plays constructive passes etc., whereas for Ireland his first instinct is to belt the ball away. Scotland was a great example, he defended well but sh*t himself every time the ball came near him. As I've said, it's just nerves rather than a lack of ability, so it can be corrected.

That seems to be a prerequisite for all our defenders in fairness
Maybe they're under instruction to do so
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2017 at 12:26pm
There's hoofing it (like Clark and Duffy), and there's belting it like Keogh often does. Whereas the former might take a moment to steady themselves, or even look up, before launching the ball, Keogh seems to be overcome by such panic that he hacks the ball just about anywhere whether he's being closed down or under no pressure at all. It's unusual, because he certainly has more ability on the ball than Duffy, and perhaps even Clark too.

Edited by The O'Shea - 16 Oct 2017 at 12:26pm
We're decent enough..
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5051525354 157>
  Share Topic