Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Shane Duffy

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4546474849 157>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2017 at 10:12pm
Originally posted by tonyjaa tonyjaa wrote:

So is he over that injury and looking set for the Austria game?

Stop trying to drag the thread back on topic.
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Sponsored Links

Conan View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan
I’m not very bright.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Conan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2017 at 11:14pm
Originally posted by The O'Shea The O'Shea wrote:

Actually, you don't need a British passport to play for NI. It's a common "red-herring", along with the whole GFA business and so on. Go on though, keep displaying your utter cluelessness

And if you cared to look back in the thread, you'd see I'm a long way from Duffys "biggest fan", nor McClean or McCarthy for that matter who I have also criticised for aspects of their FOOTBALLING abilities...

Someone should tell that to Mceleney then.
Anyway he's played football competitively for 2 nations so in footballing terms and certainly in FIFA's eyes he's a dual national by definition ,   Sorry to all you Sinn Fean voters who find that logic discomforting.
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2017 at 11:36pm
Originally posted by Conan Conan wrote:

Actually, you don't need a British passport to play for NI. It's a common "red-herring", along with the whole GFA business and so on. Go on though, keep displaying your utter cluelessness

And if you cared to look back in the thread, you'd see I'm a long way from Duffys "biggest fan", nor McClean or McCarthy for that matter who I have also criticised for aspects of their FOOTBALLING abilities...

Someone should tell that to Mceleney then.
Anyway he's played football competitively for 2 nations so in footballing terms and certainly in FIFA's eyes he's a dual national by definition ,   Sorry to all you Sinn Fean voters who find that logic discomforting.

They should, I've seen that article and he's wrong. I suspect young Patrick may simply have changed his mind and that was a convenient excuse to explain it.

What do Sinn Fein have to do with viewing people born in Ireland as Irish? Give me McClean and Duffy anyway over a sadcase like yourself who displays such bitterness and contempt towards his own people...
We're decent enough..
Conan View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan
I’m not very bright.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Conan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2017 at 11:41pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

[
'Tasty'?'Tramp'? Do you write for the S*n? 
I have no idea that he has a shake reputation in the local media, where did he get this?

Errr the Martin Mcguinness affair and through the medium of twitter I believe.

I'm an IT man all the way but given the popularity of the gutter press on both islands and the endless love rat/spitroasting stories running in them about footballers SD should have really seen it coming whatever you , I or aforementioned blonde think of the ethics of such an endeavour.

Anyway before we go in to Hugh Grant BJ territory this being the end of the season perhaps its a good time to assess Shane Duffy's contribution on the pitch......

I'm not necessarily a fan of judging footballers by statistics the way you can in other sports and it doesn't necessarily reflect their overall ability but there is a website SQUAWKA whose player rankings seem to reflect pretty well what I see on the pitch and also the PFA team of the season awards. Shane rates as number 14 player in the championship this season, though only sixth best centre back which seems about fair from what I've seen of the league this year.
I'd say that reinforces the impression he has had a pretty effective season contributing to Brighton's promotion, albeit overshadowed by his CB partner a bit. When you consider how tragically badly it began for him at Blackburn with the own goal frenzy its worked out nicely for him and there's a good chance Houghton will stick with him as a starter in the Prem.

We've also got Clark and Hourihane at 7 and 8. In comparison in the premiership Arter is our best performer at number 97 with Coleman just behind. Whelan is the only other Irish player in the top 200. Again its just one measure but I'd day these six are the only established  who can be relatively satisfied with their performances this season (Hayes up in Scotland too) as its not been a great once at club level for Irish football
Conan View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan
I’m not very bright.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Conan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2017 at 11:48pm

They should, I've seen that article and he's wrong. I suspect young Patrick may simply have changed his mind and that was a convenient excuse to explain it.

What do Sinn Fein have to do with viewing people born in Ireland as Irish? Give me McClean and Duffy anyway over a sadcase like yourself who displays such bitterness and contempt towards his own people...
I've no bitterness or contempt towards Duffy but little admiration either unlike the likes of Coleman and Brady who carry themselves with a bit of class and give the impression they actually  think before they speak or act.
Hickster74 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hickster74 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2017 at 11:57pm
Or others were just lucky their own beer goggle nights didn't end with an evil slapper sharing naked photos while they slept the next morning. Speaking of sleepers...
Territorial View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2017 at 11:45am
Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

[QUOTE=Hickster74]
I can understand players from the north generally not giving a public opinion one way or the other on politics but at least Duffy and McClean have the balls to publicly state their principles/political beliefs
Duffy doesn't always have the balls* to stand by his political opinions, though, does he?
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2295659/Footballer-Shane-Duffy-apologises-tweet-supporting-IRA-sent-account-St-Patricks-Day.html

* - Perhaps his balls have long since been sucked dry by some fat oul slapper?
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2017 at 11:52am
Originally posted by Lenny82 Lenny82 wrote:

What a clown. If you're famous and going to play away, why would you tell the girl who you are and instruct her to Google you.
To get her to shag you.

I mean, if he were just plain Shane Duffy from the building site, the only laying that ugly twat would be doing would be bricks...LOL
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2017 at 11:55am

What lack of intelligence though? Falling asleep in the fairly basic expectation that he wasn't going to be photographed in the nip? This is what I don't understand about people like you, you draw conclusions of guilt about people based on certain actions they have performed which in no way relate to the misfortune that befalls them. I suppose the PC brigade would call it victim blaming, but in this situation I think it's fairly fitting. Consenting to sleeping with someone in no way implies consent for them to post naked images of you on social media, no more than inviting someone into your home implies consent for them them steal your belongings etc. etc. One thing does not imply the other, and the fact you "could" potentially have removed yourself from a situation does not absolve the other party of the transgression they have committed.
Except that no-one is defending the woman concerned. (There is no defence).

The question is over Duffy's judgement/intelligence (or lack thereof).
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2017 at 11:58am

McClean and Duffy "dual-nationality" players. Jesus, you are beyond embarrassing.
Both of them represented two different international teams.

What else would you call them other than "dual nationals"?
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2017 at 12:04pm
At least you're not bitter Terry.
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2017 at 12:05pm
You seem a tad bitter Territorial. Not just about Duffy, but in general.

Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2017 at 12:18pm
Wouldn't waste my times reading that news piece. 

I'm sure Duffy would have grounds to file a complaint over those photos, but he knows, his agent knows and the papers know he's not gonna let this story get anymore oxyegen.

Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2017 at 1:44pm
Originally posted by Territorial Territorial wrote:

[QUOTE=Hickster74]
I can understand players from the north generally not giving a public opinion one way or the other on politics but at least Duffy and McClean have the balls to publicly state their principles/political beliefs
Duffy doesn't always have the balls* to stand by his political opinions, though, does he?
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2295659/Footballer-Shane-Duffy-apologises-tweet-supporting-IRA-sent-account-St-Patricks-Day.html

But he didn't send that tweet. Seems to be one of his mates taking the piss. 

Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2017 at 1:51pm

Originally posted by Territorial Territorial wrote:

[QUOTE=Hickster74]

But he didn't send that tweet. Seems to be one of his mates taking the piss. 

irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2017 at 1:56pm
Well you've your mind up anyway.

Its one thing praising McGuinness but tweet Up The Ra at random makes it more likely it was someone else tweeting that taking the piss.

Any excuse to have a pop at players that told ye where to go
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2017 at 4:05pm

Its one thing praising McGuinness but tweet Up The Ra at random makes it more likely it was someone else tweeting that taking the piss.
Er, the text was in the wee small hours of St.Patricks Day. Now I'm no Miss Marple, but it is hardly inconsistent with Duffy's known history that he was out partying at the time, and drink may have been taken.

What is less likely is that a Premier League footballer would have a thirty quid mobile from Carphone Warehouse with crap security features.

And what are the odds of guessing his security code?

(Actually, scrap that last one, it's a pound to a shirt button that it's 1-9-1-6).

Meanwhile, would you be quite so understanding were it an NI player texting "Up the UDA", then claiming that it was a "mate" who must have done it?

P.S. I wonder why he didn't try the old "It-was-my-mate-slept-with-that-oul slapper-and-photoshopped-the pics-excuse" to his missus?

Edited by Territorial - 08 May 2017 at 4:07pm
zizu Kilbane View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zizu Kilbane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2017 at 5:03pm
He's a f**king mongo for being caught with his pants down behind his moths back.

He's a bigger mongo for doing the dirt with a bird 99% of lads on here wuldnt touch regardress of how ball bagged they are.

In saying that, as long as he's fit and raring to go for the Austrian game, I couldn't care less who he plays hide the sausage with
"Sometimes, sh*t happens, someone's gotta deal with it, and who ya gonna call?"
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4546474849 157>
  Share Topic