You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Shane Duffy

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 138139140141142 157>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote E2016 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2021 at 7:33pm
Originally posted by Left foot Left foot wrote:

Originally posted by Hotlips_Hoolahan Hotlips_Hoolahan wrote:

On the bench again.

I wonder if it's because Potter is playing a back 4 now rather than a back 5... Webster and Dunk the preferred options.

Other bad news that Connolly just not a consideration even for the bench, unless he's still injured? 

Away from Brighton Collins starts and smallbone on the bench which is positive 

Veltman has replaced him as a centre back in the back 3 in the last game.

They could move Moder to RWB. Will be one to look at in terms of shape because it looks bad for Shane at the moment. Whether they are playing 5 ATB like last game or if they are going with 4 here, he has been dropped.

I honestly felt like Potter was just looking for an excuse to bench him and he got one vs Villa.
Sponsored Links

Eoink21 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eoink21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2021 at 7:40pm
That Potter talks some amount of it. He talked a lot about Duffy at the weeken too before dropping him for both games since: https://www.irishexaminer.com/sport/soccer/arid-40753920.html

Edited by Eoink21 - 01 Dec 2021 at 7:41pm
Loc View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Loc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2021 at 7:42pm
Originally posted by Heimatklange Heimatklange wrote:

On the bench again.

I wonder if it's because Potter is playing a back 4 now rather than a back 5... Webster and Dunk the preferred options.

Other bad news that Connolly just not a consideration even for the bench, unless he's still injured? 

Connolly still recovering from an ankle injury, he'd definitely be in the squad otherwise.

Everything I’ve read is that Connolly is fully fit and not being selected 
Heimatklange View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heimatklange Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2021 at 7:43pm
1 0 down already. Perhaps dropping your best defender isn't the best tactic?
trapscat View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trapscat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2021 at 7:44pm

1 0 down already. Perhaps dropping your best defender isn't the best tactic?
From a corner and all. 
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2021 at 7:45pm
IDK if Connolly is still injured but Maupay has already added to his collection of missed sitters tonight.

Potter's been a lot more patient with him than he's ever been with Connolly.
Bandwagon View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bandwagon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2021 at 7:50pm
Seen Connolly pictured in training so dont think hes injured
aviva8 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aviva8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2021 at 7:59pm
I agree with lads above, potter seems to me that he was just looking for an excuse to drop duffy. connolly needs to move he just not in potter plans and he needs to be playing regularly.
Scissors Kick View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scissors Kick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2021 at 8:03pm
Originally posted by aviva8 aviva8 wrote:

I agree with lads above, potter seems to me that he was just looking for an excuse to drop duffy. connolly needs to move he just not in potter plans and he needs to be playing regularly.

Ah he keeps giving him chances. He needs to sort himself out or no one will play him at any relevant level to international football is the truth here. 
Heimatklange View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heimatklange Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2021 at 8:07pm
Potter seen sense and brings big Duffy on.
J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2021 at 8:20pm

Potter seen sense and brings big Duffy on.

Hardly gonna let an injured player on to spite Duffy is he.
King_Kenny View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote King_Kenny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2021 at 9:12pm
Originally posted by Scissors Kick Scissors Kick wrote:

Originally posted by aviva8 aviva8 wrote:

Ah he keeps giving him chances. He needs to sort himself out or no one will play him at any relevant level to international football is the truth here. 
🥴
E2016 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote E2016 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2021 at 9:26pm
He has been really good since coming on.

I'd say he has won his place back until the next time Potter has a wobble.
Artie Ziff View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Artie Ziff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2021 at 1:50am
Originally posted by E2016 E2016 wrote:

On the bench again.

Veltman has replaced him as a centre back in the back 3 in the last game.

They could move Moder to RWB. Will be one to look at in terms of shape because it looks bad for Shane at the moment. Whether they are playing 5 ATB like last game or if they are going with 4 here, he has been dropped.

I honestly felt like Potter was just looking for an excuse to bench him and he got one vs Villa.

I do wonder if some of you think about what you write? If he was looking for an excuse to get rid of him he'd have sold him in the summer and not put him in the teamLOL

The same sh*te is written about Potter's 'treatment' of Connolly. Whom, he's given loads of games and he's still at the club, while not actually scoring very often. 
It would damage this forums' reputation
Eoink21 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eoink21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2021 at 7:48am
Come off it lads. Green-tint point scoring here again. Duffy had a contract and nobody wanted him. It wouldn't have been easy to get rid during the summer. It's testament to him that he's got himself back to the level he has with club and country. But he definitely is behind Dunk and Webster and in the firing line for a dropping which Potter is happy to do, while at the same time talking about him being a legend in the media. Potter had no interest in him last season. Duffy has forced his way back into his plans by sheer grit. He is expendable to Potter. 

Connolly is a completely separate conversation but you're using him to try and support your point here and there's no relevance. 
John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2021 at 8:07am
Any word on Webster's injury? We need big Shane playing! Connolly must have a chance now also with two more attcking players getting injured, Lallana and some new kid.
Idah Dream!
darman28 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darman28 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2021 at 10:27am
Duffy is down as "player of the match" on the BBC website.
Eoink21 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eoink21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2021 at 10:32am
Originally posted by Mr Brick Mr Brick wrote:

Originally posted by Eoink21 Eoink21 wrote:

Come off it lads. Green-tint point scoring here again. Duffy had a contract and nobody wanted him. It wouldn't have been easy to get rid during the summer. It's testament to him that he's got himself back to the level he has with club and country. But he definitely is behind Dunk and Webster and in the firing line for a dropping which Potter is happy to do, while at the same time talking about him being a legend in the media. Potter had no interest in him last season. Duffy has forced his way back into his plans by sheer grit. He is expendable to Potter. 

Connolly is a completely separate conversation but you're using him to try and support your point here and there's no relevance. 
Potter picks what he considers his best line-up. End of. No bias against Duffy or Connolly.  

Your sentence is so contradictory. He uses his judgement to select "his best line-up" and in the last two games he has judged Duffy not to be in his best line-up. His judgement is inherently subjective. End of. 

I did NOT say that he was biased against Duffy (and I didn't even want to bring Connolly into it). I just don't think he rates Duffy as highly as his other options and is more willing to drop him i.e. he is expendable. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 138139140141142 157>
  Share Topic