You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : League Of Ireland : Premier and First Division
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Shamrock Rovers Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 250251252253254 374>
Author
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Twoinarow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2019 at 10:04am
Originally posted by Lostandfound Lostandfound wrote:

Originally posted by Twoinarow Twoinarow wrote:

Originally posted by Joe Stalin Joe Stalin wrote:

when are the cup final tickets on general sale or has that already happened?

Rumour has it in Dundalk, the Gardai are trying to put as much segregation as possible between fans. 

Dundalk have been told could be over a week before they receive any tickets

Apparently there'll be tanks, guns, helicopters and hungry German shepherds at this one.

Grow up. Its common knowledge now the Gardai are holding up the ticket sales
2 in a row and we won it in Tallaght
Sponsored Links

Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2019 at 12:31pm
Cup Final tickets on sale on Ticketmaster tomorrow..
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
Los Aros View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Los Aros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2019 at 12:56pm
Clubs only get a cut if you buy through them so best of doing that

Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2019 at 6:30pm
Congratulations to Rovers. Clap
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
cildaratown View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

killdare town

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cildaratown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2019 at 6:42pm
great game. Congrats Rovers. 
King_Kenny View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote King_Kenny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2019 at 7:01pm
well done rovers from a derry fan! 
Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2019 at 8:17pm
1725....KOH.
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2019 at 12:44pm
Originally posted by Twoinarow Twoinarow wrote:

Hahahhahahahaha

In Bradley we trust

LOL

"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2019 at 12:46pm
The Bradzer left a lot of his doubters with egg on their face on here Clap

"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2019 at 12:51pm
Originally posted by Green Devil Green Devil wrote:

Including a large portion of Rovers fans, Bradley out banners weren’t that long ago. 
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2019 at 12:53pm
Not really, considering the resources he has at his disposal, he has again under performed.
11 points behind Dundalk.

Dundalk didn't turn up and made an embarrassing amateurish call by allowing Shields to play in that game resulting in his suspension.

Rovers definitely deserved winners on the day.

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2019 at 1:01pm
This group of Dundalk players will probably go down as one of the best teams in LOI history given their achievements would it be fair to say?

They finished 25 points behind Dundalk 2018
They finished 11 points behind Dundalk 2019 and won the FAI Cup

Not to mention finishing 25 points or so behind Cork in 2017?

You can't just expect a team to gel immediately and overtake two sides in the blink of an eye that have dominated the LOI for the last number of years in Cork and Dundalk.

For sure they've a huge budget, but money doesn't always equate to success. Look at the job Keith Long has done on peanuts with Bohs!

I think people's dislike of Bradzer and Shamrock Rovers get in the way of admitting that he's done a good job, not bad for a manager who was out his depth and a laughing stock according to numerous posters on here.

Even look at their European performances/results, he deserves a lot of credit as do the Shamrock Rovers board for sticking with him.

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2019 at 1:11pm
Originally posted by 9fingers 9fingers wrote:

Including a large portion of Rovers fans, Bradley out banners weren’t that long ago. 

For sure,

Football fans are fickle ****s at times (including myself in that especially with Sunderland and Ireland managers) LOL

I think anything less than winning the league next season will be considered a failure imo, 2020 is the year to properly judge Bradzer and this team because I think they're only 1 or 2 players short (striker definitely) to having the complete squad that he wants.

oldbilly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2019 at 1:13pm
ah now come on GD, they got closer this season because it’s a two team league instead of 3 this season, allied to the fact Dundalk had a team out with injuries at the start of the season and handed Bradley a big lead(13?)at the start then came back with a 24 point turnaround. More like the cup was a last chance for him than a vindication really. Deserved winners for sure and miles better on the day but Bohs didn’t show up in the semi and Dundalk went missing in the final. Bradser the master tactician? No way. Jury’s still out, next season he either builds on this or the pressures right back on, the rovers fans have a taste for silverware now, rightly so too, and he has to deliver no more work in progress bollocks.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2019 at 1:30pm
Originally posted by oldbilly oldbilly wrote:

ah now come on GD, they got closer this season because it’s a two team league instead of 3 this season, allied to the fact Dundalk had a team out with injuries at the start of the season and handed Bradley a big lead(13?)at the start then came back with a 24 point turnaround. More like the cup was a last chance for him than a vindication really. Deserved winners for sure and miles better on the day but Bohs didn’t show up in the semi and Dundalk went missing in the final. Bradser the master tactician? No way. Jury’s still out, next season he either builds on this or the pressures right back on, the rovers fans have a taste for silverware now, rightly so too, and he has to deliver no more work in progress bollocks.

No one is saying he's master tactician far from it, 

A huge portion of posters on here dismissed him and took the piss out of his managerial qualities regularly and "the project" ! So what I'm getting at is for a man who wasn't capable in many people's eyes, he has actually done fine and should be given credit for it.

Again, trying to topple one of the greatest teams in LOI history is no easy task is it? Especially for a novice manager which Bradley clearly is.

Personally speaking, I think Shamrock Rovers will win the league next season.

oldbilly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2019 at 2:37pm
they should have won it this season is what I’m saying, blew it. They need at least two strikers and cover in defence plus a decent back up to mannus, then they’ll challenge.all supposing they hold on to Byrne mceniff and Finn too.
CillDara View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CillDara Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2019 at 5:29pm
This has been a very good season for Rovers and Bradley has turned it around. He deserved some of the criticism he was getting last season and he was arguably lucky to keep his job but he has Rovers playing lovely football, has brought silverware back to the club, has brought some excellent players into the club and is closing the gap on Dundalk. Still has a bit to go but he has done a really good job the past 18 months.
OnTheOneRoad View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OnTheOneRoad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2019 at 12:05pm

Originally posted by oldbilly oldbilly wrote:

No one is saying he's master tactician far from it, 

A huge portion of posters on here dismissed him and took the piss out of his managerial qualities regularly and "the project" ! So what I'm getting at is for a man who wasn't capable in many people's eyes, he has actually done fine and should be given credit for it.

Again, trying to topple one of the greatest teams in LOI history is no easy task is it? Especially for a novice manager which Bradley clearly is.

Personally speaking, I think Shamrock Rovers will win the league next season.

the FAI Cup considering how long it's been since they won it last is a good achievement. However, Bradser has been in that job for four years now, with one of the top 2 budgets in the league, and this is all he has to show for it. Look at their midfield for starters. He's brought in Byrne, Finn, O'Neill, McEneff, Bolger, Burke (twice), Farrugia. That's essentially a who's who of the best midfielders in the league when they were signed, and two players in Burke and Byrne who are young and have played at a higher level - and were always very likely to do extremely well in this league. Not to mention, they took one of our best players in Dylan Watts and don't even play him. These are the resources available to them to topple this Dundalk team.

Dundalk are not a Man City or a Bayern Munich in this league. They lost the league to Cork two years ago mainly due to the brilliance of Seanie Maguire. When you've a team who can go out and get those kind of players (and lest we forget, were 13 points ahead at one stage), it's then tough to say that it's been a success.

They're at the big boys table and are certainly no underdogs. They should have run Dundalk much closer this season, they'll be expected to do so next season.

Edited by OnTheOneRoad - 06 Nov 2019 at 12:07pm
No thank you Turkish......I'm sweet enough
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 250251252253254 374>
  Share Topic