You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : League Of Ireland : Premier and First Division
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Shamrock Rovers Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 361362363364365 373>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zizu Kilbane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2023 at 9:38am
Cork City and their chairman deserve great credit for how they've handled this. Swift and decisive. Two lifetime bans issued to those how have been identified already, and working with the authorities which may (probably won't) see criminal charges brought.

I'm sure it's been an embarrassment for the majority of City fans who are no doubt sound. A very small, tiny, minority of cretins are attached to all the clubs in the league unfortunately. Root them out and ban them is the only way 
"Sometimes, sh*t happens, someone's gotta deal with it, and who ya gonna call?"
Sponsored Links

9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2023 at 3:03pm
Towell appeal rejected. No surprise 
Gaz View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
You'll always be Gazsh to me.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2023 at 3:50pm
Has any appeal been successful for any clubs this season? Certainly didn't look a red to me
I dont email the count anymore, its been 9 months : ( He even sent me a YBIG scarf for my Birthday
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2023 at 4:55pm
Originally posted by Gaz Gaz wrote:

Has any appeal been successful for any clubs this season? Certainly didn't look a red to me
It was a yellow for me too but that’s not the criteria for rescinding the card. It’s a case of an obvious error or mistaken identity so was never gonna be successful. 
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2023 at 5:41am
Originally posted by Gaz Gaz wrote:

Don't think so. If they overturn one, they'll be setting a precedent and with the amount of farcical decisions made, they'll end up having to overturn a good few, which they won't want to do.

Easy money for them. 

Would Towell only have gotten 1 game if they hadn't appealled?

Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
oldbilly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2023 at 9:58am
straight red is three games I think?
No Pasaran!
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2023 at 5:02am
Originally posted by Shedite Shedite wrote:

Originally posted by Jack City Jack City wrote:

The  Scum who did this shouted the abuse from The Corner Flag pub.Upstairs there is a open air bar overlooking the pitch.Stephen Bradley was having a few words with the  press after the match on the pitch,that's when they started the  abuse.The bar has identified those involved and given the information to the  garda.At a minimum they should be be barred from Turners Cross for life.Hope they're prosecuted and locked up.
They already are, i know one of the lads, absolute bellend, banned from TC so watches the games in the pub overlooking the ground. Just an attention seaker really.

How old are these clowns Shedite?
Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2023 at 9:47pm
Pico played for CV in their win today.
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2023 at 3:07pm
Looks a decent enough draw on paper - Podgorica the trickiest opponents I'd imagine.
Jimmy Raggatip View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimmy Raggatip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2023 at 3:52pm
its a great draw. Big opportunity now to at least get some form of group stage football in whatever competition
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2023 at 4:26pm
Podgorica would not be easy i would say. Might be tricky. I would imagine they should come through.
Good draws all round for the other teams on paper. Should all advance.
I love beer gardens
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2023 at 4:33pm
Actually Dudelange have been good in Europe the last few years. Group stages 2 years in a row a few years back.
I love beer gardens
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2023 at 6:34am
They were absolutely brutal against Bohs 2 years ago.
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2023 at 9:55pm
Gutted after that, Draw probably fair overall but when you go 2 nil up, you should win the match, got over confident and complacent and that cost 2 points.
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2023 at 10:06pm
Poehls made some great save. He looked way below the level needed to be a back up to Mannus when I saw him in previous seasons but he looks a lot more comfortable now.
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2023 at 10:42pm
Rovers play so many games in 3rd gear it’s ridiculous, they’re capable of so much more. 
Bandwagon View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bandwagon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2023 at 10:59pm
Originally posted by The Huntacha The Huntacha wrote:

Poehls made some great save. He looked way below the level needed to be a back up to Mannus when I saw him in previous seasons but he looks a lot more comfortable now.

To be fair he'd only played 23 senior career games before this run of game with Mannus out. Had a few ropey moments early on but looks very solid now with a few more games in quick succession under his belt.

Was very good again tonight, not much he could do about either goal and made some fine saves.
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2023 at 1:04am
Average performance again last might. Poor indictment of the league that Rovers are coasting without playing at more than 3rd gear.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 361362363364365 373>
  Share Topic