You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : League Of Ireland : Premier and First Division
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Shamrock Rovers Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 210211212213214 373>
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GoneToShowgies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2018 at 10:21am
Originally posted by Lostandfound Lostandfound wrote:

Originally posted by GoneToShowgies GoneToShowgies wrote:

2 poor teams in the Showgrounds at the weekend. It was a terrible game of ball. No real desire or urgency from either side. Both teams were there for the taking. Interesting that there was no real trouble from Shamrock fans, probably only proper fans travelled, cause its harder to get behind a team when they are on the decline.

Sligo supporters would know about that. 

Eh, of course. Same as any team. It wasn't a dig.

Funny enough our home attendances are up this season. Average at about 2,000 before Shamrock game. Considering we have lost 6 of our first 9 home games isn't bad. That figure will fall off rapid if we don't start playing a bit of football soon tho.
Sponsored Links

Lostandfound View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lostandfound Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2018 at 12:14am
The Hoops were very impressive tonight. 

Burke was outstanding, surely he will be packing his bags soon. 

Was delighted to see Sam Bone score, seemed embarrassed by the whole thing. 
Tony Cousins View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tony Cousins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2018 at 9:57am
Junkie fans must be raging, starting to believe their own hype and thought they were going out to Tallaght to give us a hiding.
Saint Tom View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saint Tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2018 at 12:54pm
Originally posted by Tony Cousins Tony Cousins wrote:

Junkie fans must be raging, starting to believe their own hype and thought they were going out to Tallaght to give us a hiding.
not really. We've done well to turn this ship around since last year. Would be more worried about rovers hopeless underperformance if I were a rovers fan. 
My destination inchicore my next stop being kilmainham
Where patriots and super saints are the topics of conversation
AnCearrbhach View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnCearrbhach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2018 at 2:48pm

I'd assume this is sarcasm as opposed to an extreme lack of self-awareness.

More importantly can ye turn down the fecking sh*te pop songs from 10 years ago, it's unbearable.

On the actual football pitch I though Greg was brilliant and would welcome him back anytime. Pat's uncharacteristically poor but with Brennan and Clarke injured this run of fixtures has really stretched their squad.

Pity the derby clashes with City in Inchichore on Friday as I'd be very interested to see if Rovers can follow it up this time. 
Aithníonn ciaróg ciaróg eile.
Lostandfound View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lostandfound Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2018 at 3:04pm
Originally posted by AnCearrbhach AnCearrbhach wrote:

More importantly can ye turn down the fecking sh*te pop songs from 10 years ago, it's unbearable.

On the actual football pitch I though Greg was brilliant and would welcome him back anytime. Pat's uncharacteristically poor but with Brennan and Clarke injured this run of fixtures has really stretched their squad.

Pity the derby clashes with City in Inchichore on Friday as I'd be very interested to see if Rovers can follow it up this time. 

That is anyone's guess. 

They are bookies favourite to beat Bohs but that means little with the way Rovers' season has gone so far. 
oldbilly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2018 at 3:08pm
I think that goes for every team though, a lot of results going against form this season, the midweeks have a lot to answer for most managers are having to chop and change, very little chance to settle on a lineup.
MC Hammered View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2018 at 3:15pm

I thought Bolger was superb. He was all over the pitch snapping into tackles, roughing up the likes of Thomas Byrne and keeping Rovers ticking over in possession. When he is good, there's no one better in his position in the LOI 
El Puto Amo
AnCearrbhach View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnCearrbhach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2018 at 3:22pm
Originally posted by MC Hammered MC Hammered wrote:

I thought Bolger was superb. He was all over the pitch snapping into tackles, roughing up the likes of Thomas Byrne and keeping Rovers ticking over in possession. When he is good, there's no one better in his position in the LOI 

Ya he left a few elbows and late tackles in on T. Byrne clearly hoping for the reaction he almost got. Should have been cautioned in the first half but plays the referee excellently as always.  

The bit in bold is very true and his creativity and calmness on the ball is sorely missed on Leeside. 
Aithníonn ciaróg ciaróg eile.
Saint Tom View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saint Tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2018 at 6:01pm
Bolger of 2012 to 2014 is up there with Gormley and Osam as my favourite ever pats players. Was disgusted when he went to rovers 
My destination inchicore my next stop being kilmainham
Where patriots and super saints are the topics of conversation
Tribesman91 View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tribesman91 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2018 at 12:32am
Has anyone got any photos of the new stand in Tallaght?
EastStandMan View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

I am Shamrock Rovers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EastStandMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2018 at 7:51am
Originally posted by Tribesman91 Tribesman91 wrote:

There is pics on the net of the stand as finished in place etc which is supposed to be accurate enough so a google search will get ya a look . Work has started with a Sep finish date I was told . The Club will of course issue you with a season ticket for the stand for the 2019 season at very competitive prices . KOH.
Shamrock Rovers - lovin the buzz .
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

I am Shamrock Rovers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EastStandMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2018 at 8:02am
Delighted with the win over Pats the other night . We did to them what a lot of sides have been doing to us this season - bossed em and never let them put a move together or at least curtailed same . The penny may have dropped at last imo ,,work work and more work . The bozos will try to do the same to us tomorrow night - they are usually full of enthusiasm when we visit and the extra effort has shown us up !!
Been predicting a Rovers win over the recent years here and ended up red faced and fit to burst so I will say this - if we turn up and match their work rate we will win . Go there and have players "" disappear"" and its gonna be tough. Cant wait for this . We owe these clowns a hiding . WAR. 
oldbilly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2018 at 8:57am
oh Christ the f**kers back. Bullsh*t levels rising.
Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2018 at 9:01am
Originally posted by oldbilly oldbilly wrote:

He's like Mattress Mick - back with a bang.........KOH
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
oldbilly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2018 at 9:05am
looks similar yeah. Bit older though. Not as well dressed.

Edited by oldbilly - 24 May 2018 at 9:05am
Los Aros View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Los Aros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2018 at 9:24am
Originally posted by Tribesman91 Tribesman91 wrote:

Liam Brady
Liam Brady

I am Shamrock Rovers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EastStandMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2018 at 10:40am
Originally posted by Cabra Hoop Cabra Hoop wrote:

Originally posted by oldbilly oldbilly wrote:

He's like Mattress Mick - back with a bang.........KOH

Always thought I brought an air of realism to the LOI sect men LOL . Anyways ..........eh......WAR. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 210211212213214 373>
  Share Topic