Shamrock Rovers Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 206207208209210 373>

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEWHEELER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2018 at 12:10pm
Originally posted by CillDara CillDara wrote:

To channel the spirit of the Joe Duffy type character on The Savage Eye, tell me Rovers fans, how do you feel?

That's a very poor result tonight. I thought Rovers were an absolute banker to win. What went wrong?

Up until half time things weren't going too badly. Rovers lined up differently, kind of a 5-4-1 type formation with Kavanagh and Boyle as the wing backs and Finn & Bolger x2 as the midfield trio. They pretty much dominated the first half without playing brilliantly and had a few chances other than the goal, Limerick were very poor. Second half Rovers seemed afraid to commit men forward in case of conceding, it resulted in Limerick creating one or two chances and Rovers not offering much going forward, in the end Limerick caught them on the hop and took their goal well.

IMO the pressure is getting to Bradley and the players, things aren't clicking and some of them seem afraid. They are not good defensively and going forward Burke is the only real threat. There is definitely a shade of Arsenal about Rovers at the minute. Interested to hear what other fans think.

Accurate summary Cill Dara, Rovers played well first half but regressed badly in the second and Shaw's confidence is shot after he missed two really decent chances.  Limerick's goal was brilliantly taken to be fair but overall the game was another exercise in frustration and exasperation.

The only positive was the performance of Aaron Bolger, best player on the park by a mile on the night.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2018 at 1:56pm

I see Bolger has only just gone 18. He looks very slight but maybe it's a good sign that some lads of his build are actually playing and prospering in the domestic game these days. Hopefully we are moving towards producing more technical players. 

You reckon that he is the real deal FW?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2018 at 1:59pm

I see Bolger has only just gone 18. He looks very slight but maybe it's a good sign that some lads of his build are actually playing and prospering in the domestic game these days. Hopefully we are moving towards producing more technical players. 

Was only saying the same of Watts & Leahy with Bohs. 
Good to see 
Tony Cousins View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tony Cousins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2018 at 2:10pm

I reckon if we get to see even one season of him as a first choice player at Rovers we'll be very lucky, because he'll definitely be going abroad. He's well able to play and confident in possession, and despite his size is no stranger to a robust tackle.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2018 at 2:16pm

Was only saying the same of Watts & Leahy with Bohs. 
Good to see 

At Saints, we have Darragh Markey who plays a bit like Wes Hoolahan in the way he is always looking for the ball and links up our way. 
We got Doona in from Rovers and he is another smaller lad who is good in possession. 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2018 at 2:17pm
Originally posted by Tony Cousins Tony Cousins wrote:

I reckon if we get to see even one season of him as a first choice player at Rovers we'll be very lucky, because he'll definitely be going abroad. He's well able to play and confident in possession, and despite his size is no stranger to a robust tackle.

Unless he is going to be getting opportunities to start in the Championship or at the top end of League One at least, he would be better off sticking around for a couple of years and playing every week. 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEWHEELER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2018 at 3:42pm
Bolger is a stocky enough lad, he's certainly not a similar build to Doona so he'd be well able to look after himself and can and will get stronger.

Is he the real deal MC?  It's way too early to say, but he was in the first team at 17 and last Friday was his first appearance of the season, mysteriously given how fooking good he was on Friday.

He has a serious chance though if he stays fit and focused.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2018 at 10:16pm
Beaten by Longford in the cup...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShamtheRam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2018 at 11:03pm
I put on twitter last week that Bradley must have serious dirt on the Shamrock Rovers board to be keeping his job. Went on twitter there again after the match and I see they blocked me haha.

Their blocked list must be huge at this stage haha LOL

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Neil Armstrong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2018 at 11:41pm
Daniel O'REILLY a good Cavan name 😁

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2018 at 11:48am
Can't say I'm too confident with the next 2 games coming up.
Will assume Harry Kenny is keeping his mobile close to hand over the next few days. 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEWHEELER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2018 at 1:59pm

Will assume Harry Kenny is keeping his mobile close to hand over the next few days. 

Very pessimistic myself.  I'm far from convinced Harry is the answer either if/when Bradley finally gets the boot, much and all as I loved Harry as a player and how well he did with Bray.

Reckon an "outsider" such as Michael O'Neill is the way to go, the LOI managerial merry go round is becoming as ridiculous as the EPL with Pardew, Sam, Hughes, Pulis and all those halfwits getting jobs every 18 months and failing.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2018 at 2:36pm

Very pessimistic myself.  I'm far from convinced Harry is the answer either if/when Bradley finally gets the boot, much and all as I loved Harry as a player and how well he did with Bray.

Reckon an "outsider" such as Michael O'Neill is the way to go, the LOI managerial merry go round is becoming as ridiculous as the EPL with Pardew, Sam, Hughes, Pulis and all those halfwits getting jobs every 18 months and failing.

I heard from somebody that if a change was to be made then harry was likely to be it - Think I know where that info came from but I couldn't be 100% sure.

Either way, I hope our pessimism is misplaced and there is an unlikely 6 points on the board by Monday evening. 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEWHEELER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2018 at 3:33pm
Pessimism certainly isn't misplaced LOL but that means we can't be giving out again if it's nil points by MOnday night.
Stillhuntinghenry View Drop Down

useless at posting links

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stillhuntinghenry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2018 at 12:07am
Smacked of desperation of bradley tonight 3-6-1 and sat so deep. Came to keep his job rather than win the game. Derry had no answer and is probably going to be their downfall. 

It was an awful game of ball but to be fair and rovers actually had the better chances. Dan Carr wouldn't get a game for finn harps .

Game so bad the 4th official was man of the match 
"Not one cent" - RTID on Mark Quigley's pay-off from Shamrock

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stickittotheman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2018 at 2:55pm

Smacked of desperation of bradley tonight 3-6-1 and sat so deep. Came to keep his job rather than win the game. Derry had no answer and is probably going to be their downfall. 

It was an awful game of ball but to be fair and rovers actually had the better chances. Dan Carr wouldn't get a game for finn harps .

Game so bad the 4th official was man of the match 

Awful game SHH. As you say no answer to Rovers tactics. To be fair Derry were very lucky to get away with a point. Dan Carr missed a hatful. I was really dissappointed Derry didn't test the Rovers keeper at all.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2018 at 7:40pm
Seen this on an LOI page online 

Guys, we’ve been asked by Derry City to ask Shamrock Rovers supporters who stole the Gerard Doherty Testimonial banner last night and then posted a photo of themselves with it on social media to please return it. If anyone knows anything could you get in touch. Thanks #GreatestLeagueInTheWorld #LOI

Edited by Sham157 - 28 Apr 2018 at 7:42pm

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deise316 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2018 at 7:47pm
Ya might want to put a set of quotation marks around the word ''supporters'' there Sham. 

 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 206207208209210 373>