You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : League Of Ireland : Premier and First Division
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Shamrock Rovers Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 197198199200201 373>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whitesideOnside Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2018 at 2:20pm
I guess a person could bring their child into the home end but I don't see why they should have to in this case.
Along the same lines, I think away fans that can produce a ST for their team should get a concession price to away grounds. At least when you pay into your home ground you know the money is going to your club, but away fans don't get that and also have travel expenses etc. 
It would incentivise people buying a ST to their own club and also increase away crowds so everyone wins.
It would have to be agreed to by all clubs though.
Like the '20 is plenty' campaign in England I think an 'Anymore than 10 is a sin' should be proposed here for away fans.

Sponsored Links

Tony Cousins View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tony Cousins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2018 at 2:43pm
Junkie fans up on their high horses.

This is the same club that have an auld geebag who constantly refuses people with stand tickets from getting into the stand in Richmond Park.
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2018 at 2:55pm
Any club who charges €15 for a child's ticket should be ashamed. If it happens across the league, then it won't be beneficial for attracting young fans to games.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
FREEWHEELER View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
sPICE UP YOUR LIFE Gwan MONROY

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEWHEELER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2018 at 3:21pm
Originally posted by Tony Cousins Tony Cousins wrote:

Junkie fans up on their high horses.

This is the same club that have an auld geebag who constantly refuses people with stand tickets from getting into the stand in Richmond Park.

As I said TC to Saintjoey, people in glasshouses. 
We'll never die, we'll never die, we'll keep the Green Flag flying high......Shamrock Rovers will never die, we'll keep the Green Flag Flying high. 19 Leagues and 25 Cups.....
saintjoey View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote saintjoey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2018 at 4:27pm
How come we have never heard about this happening at pats before? If this is true and a child went to pats on the night and was charged 15 I would be shocked and annoyed and it should have been reported as I've never heard of it happening previously!

Fwiw I understand it happening if they give pats 900 tickets and they sell 900 that's tough and has always happened but my main issue here is a child going up there Friday in a pats shirt having to pay 15 and a rovers kid having to pay 5 is wrong thats how it is if anyone can't see that then I'm wasting my time here
Twoinarow View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Twoinarow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2018 at 5:49pm
Originally posted by Los Aros Los Aros wrote:

Ive paid €15 for a child at away games to bohs pats and dundalk it happens at games where the away team bring a big crowd. Pats made there fans aware that only adult tickets for the away end were left. Go into the home next time if bothered you that much.

If Both are in Pats gear would they be allowed in the Home end?
2 in a row and we won it in Tallaght
thebronze14 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Derry City Til I Die

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thebronze14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2018 at 6:30pm
Originally posted by whitesideOnside whitesideOnside wrote:

I guess a person could bring their child into the home end but I don't see why they should have to in this case.
Along the same lines, I think away fans that can produce a ST for their team should get a concession price to away grounds. At least when you pay into your home ground you know the money is going to your club, but away fans don't get that and also have travel expenses etc. 
It would incentivise people buying a ST to their own club and also increase away crowds so everyone wins.
Like the '20 is plenty' campaign in England I think an 'Anymore than 10 is a sin' should be proposed here for away fans.

Some slogan!! Dubs complaining about going to another game in Dublin! Our nearest away is feckin Longford!
oldbilly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2018 at 8:02pm
When youve all finished making out your club is bernardos and the opposition are the loi equivalent of Fagin,if you think about it the idea of concessions to away fans is a good one.I'd be in favour of a trial scheme ,giving fans of clubs with a long journey say,getting in for a tenner, st holders a fiver,and see how many extras it brings.if its a goer then extend it to all clubs.only if they give us the same courtesy of course.Oh, and charge that shower over in talla 20.
whitesideOnside View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whitesideOnside Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2018 at 8:25pm
Originally posted by thebronze14 thebronze14 wrote:

Originally posted by whitesideOnside whitesideOnside wrote:

Some slogan!! Dubs complaining about going to another game in Dublin! Our nearest away is feckin Longford!

I agree the slogan is dreadful!! I'm not a Dub or a supporter of a Dublin club. Just speaking as a fan who travels to aways. Far too many lads in this section interested in having a go at other clubs rather than improving our league.
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2018 at 8:46pm
What a goal by Burke Clap
Butch View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Butch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2018 at 9:06pm
What was Gilchrist at ? Juat seen he was bookes and then sent off very soon after

Edited by Butch - 23 Mar 2018 at 9:08pm
Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2018 at 9:07pm
Dan Carr up top for Rovers is a very poor footballer.

No composure and a dreadful first touch.
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2018 at 9:49pm
Originally posted by Butch Butch wrote:

What was Gilchrist at ? Juat seen he was bookes and then sent off very soon after

2nd was unlucky as he slipped but he can have no complaints, the 1st was an awful tackle.

Not arsed spelling his name but Rovers keeper is brutal. Hard to say who is worse, him or Horgan.
oldbilly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2018 at 10:00pm
Originally posted by Green Devil Green Devil wrote:

gotta be joking,smashing player,far superior to that big ginger oompa loompa shaw.
Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2018 at 10:04pm
Originally posted by oldbilly oldbilly wrote:

Originally posted by Green Devil Green Devil wrote:

gotta be joking,smashing player,far superior to that big ginger oompa loompa shaw.

I don't rate Garry Shaw all that much tbh, but from what I've seen of Carr I haven't been overly impressed by him.

You look at Burke, Clark, Finn etc all natural footballers be it their touch or how comfortable they are on the ball.

I just don't see that in Carr.

Edited by Green Devil - 23 Mar 2018 at 10:04pm
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
FREEWHEELER View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
sPICE UP YOUR LIFE Gwan MONROY

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEWHEELER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2018 at 10:09pm
Ain't impressed with Carr either.

No complaints at the red card. Brave effort with 10 men, never mind. Dust ourselves off and keep going.,
We'll never die, we'll never die, we'll keep the Green Flag flying high......Shamrock Rovers will never die, we'll keep the Green Flag Flying high. 19 Leagues and 25 Cups.....
Twoinarow View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Twoinarow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2018 at 2:55am
I think Carr is good in fairness to him, has something about him

You will still finish 3rd ahead of Waterford, Derry or Pats so don’t be worrying

The Bradley Plan
Twoinarow View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Twoinarow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2018 at 2:56am
Originally posted by FREEWHEELER FREEWHEELER wrote:

Obsessors been quiet on here with Rovers decent start (Bohs game apart).

Hopefully stay that way. LOL

😳
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 197198199200201 373>
  Share Topic