You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : League Of Ireland : Premier and First Division
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Shamrock Rovers Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 172173174175176 373>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lostandfound Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2017 at 9:26am
Originally posted by Stillhuntinghenry Stillhuntinghenry wrote:

Originally posted by Tony Cousins Tony Cousins wrote:

Originally posted by FREEWHEELER FREEWHEELER wrote:

McNamee is a class player, but I felt the Derry players gloating at the 2nd goal in front of the East Stand was anything but classy.

Absolute low life carry from them. Rovers fans respectfully remembered Ryan McBride in the fifth minute and then they get it spat back in their faces.

Ah the old "we showed some common decency so you shouldn't celebrate winning" logic.

3rd plays 4th, European spot for grabs, away from home, late winner - and you expect these young lads not to celebrate ? You'd be better off going to watch lawn bowls chap

It wasn't a late winner, Derry were already winning when the goal was scored. 
Sponsored Links

FREEWHEELER View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
sPICE UP YOUR LIFE Gwan MONROY

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEWHEELER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2017 at 9:40am
I didn't even mention the fact about Ryan McBride's well-deserved tribute, it was the blatant effing and blinding in front of the East Stand was completely uncalled for in my opinion. Celebrate by all means, gloating and goading in this case wasn't on in my opinion and created a spite that was non-existent during a game of the highest standard, played in an excellent spirit.
We'll never die, we'll never die, we'll keep the Green Flag flying high......Shamrock Rovers will never die, we'll keep the Green Flag Flying high. 19 Leagues and 25 Cups.....
Tony Cousins View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tony Cousins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2017 at 10:26am
Originally posted by Stillhuntinghenry Stillhuntinghenry wrote:

Ah the old "we showed some common decency so you shouldn't celebrate winning" logic.

3rd plays 4th, European spot for grabs, away from home, late winner - and you expect these young lads not to celebrate ? You'd be better off going to watch lawn bowls chap

go over and celebrate with your own fans.

Standing in front of the home end is deliberately acting the bollix and you well know that.
Twoinarow View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Twoinarow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2017 at 10:29am
Originally posted by KOH KOH wrote:

Makes me laugh when I see fans of other teams on here sl*gging off Bradser, he started with almost a complete new team this year , he can be judged at the end of next season, the idea that he is under pressure is laughable.
It shows how out of touch they are.
Great win last night , with only a few players for next year to be added we will be far more competitive from the start of the season.

You are worse than you were last season!

2 in a row and we won it in Tallaght
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEWHEELER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2017 at 12:30pm
Originally posted by Twoinarow Twoinarow wrote:

Makes me laugh when I see fans of other teams on here sl*gging off Bradser, he started with almost a complete new team this year , he can be judged at the end of next season, the idea that he is under pressure is laughable.
Great win last night , with only a few players for next year to be added we will be far more competitive from the start of the season.

What a stupid statement.   We've beaten you lot twice and gave you a decent game opening night losing 2-1.

Only fans who go every week/second week can tell if a team is better or worse, so really your comment is beyond silly.

Is your team worse than last season?

We'll never die, we'll never die, we'll keep the Green Flag flying high......Shamrock Rovers will never die, we'll keep the Green Flag Flying high. 19 Leagues and 25 Cups.....
Twoinarow View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Twoinarow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2017 at 12:52pm

What a stupid statement.   We've beaten you lot twice and gave you a decent game opening night losing 2-1.

Only fans who go every week/second week can tell if a team is better or worse, so really your comment is beyond silly.

Is your team worse than last season?

Of course our team is worse than last season! The League table shows that!

You finished last season on 55 points.
You currently have 35 points with 9 games to go!

You have already lost more league games than all of last season!

You need to win 7 out of 9 to improve on last season!
KOH View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KOH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2017 at 2:54pm

So we are both worse but at least we are showing progress after the first round of games.
Compared to this time last year we are night and day.

Next year will be interesting

Edited by KOH - 09 Aug 2017 at 3:33pm
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEWHEELER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2017 at 4:47pm
Night and day as KOH rightly says, so we mightn't finish 3rd or get 55 points again, all Rovers fans know this team has progressed and is way ahead of last season's team despite losing more games, stats can always be used to back up an argument, but if the team was worse, the gates would be worse and they were getting worse under Fenlon but have without doubt improved under Bradser.
Getting applauded off the park despite losing tells you how much better this group of players is compared to last and previous seasons.
Twoinarow View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Twoinarow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2017 at 7:42pm

Night and day as KOH rightly says, so we mightn't finish 3rd or get 55 points again, all Rovers fans know this team has progressed and is way ahead of last season's team despite losing more games, stats can always be used to back up an argument, but if the team was worse, the gates would be worse and they were getting worse under Fenlon but have without doubt improved under Bradser.
Getting applauded off the park despite losing tells you how much better this group of players is compared to last and previous seasons.

I don't know if your serious or not.
KOH View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KOH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2017 at 8:11pm
You should worry a bit more about your own team.
Although I can't blame you for your on going obsession with rovers...cant remember the last time I was on the dundalk forum....actually I'd have to be bothered which I'm not.
Twoinarow View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Twoinarow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2017 at 8:28pm
My team is grand. Kenny signed up for 3 more years.

It's not a Rovers forum we are on, it's a league forum
KOH View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KOH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2017 at 10:31pm
Shamrock rovers thread ...its kinda obvious.
Chuffed Kenny has signed on for 3 years , no excuses next year.
Los Aros View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Los Aros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2017 at 10:36pm

A nice payday for him when he gets sacked next season.
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2017 at 11:06pm

Night and day as KOH rightly says, so we mightn't finish 3rd or get 55 points again, all Rovers fans know this team has progressed and is way ahead of last season's team despite losing more games, stats can always be used to back up an argument,

KOH View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KOH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2017 at 12:04am
Another rovers obsessive ...although I think he's right the fact is dundalk have gone backwards first to second and out of Europe in first round.
We will probably finish 4th again but made an extra round in Europe and are improving as the season go's on.
Twoinarow View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Twoinarow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2017 at 7:06am
Originally posted by Los Aros Los Aros wrote:

A nice payday for him when he gets sacked next season.

Sacked 😂 Kenny is at Dundalk until he wants to leave
KOH View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KOH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2017 at 4:46pm
that's what Claudio Ranieri thought :)
Twoinarow View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Twoinarow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2017 at 5:58pm

that's what Claudio Ranieri thought :)

Want a wager Bradley will be gone before Kenny?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 172173174175176 373>
  Share Topic