Forum Home Forum Home : League Of Ireland : Premier and First Division
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Shamrock Rovers Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 143144145146147 374>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
sPICE UP YOUR LIFE Gwan MONROY

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEWHEELER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2017 at 5:26pm
Originally posted by Twoinarow Twoinarow wrote:

http://www.irishtimes.com/sport/soccer/national-league/stephen-bradley-says-ronan-finn-s-signing-a-statement-of-intent-1.2913466

"Stephen Bradley says Ronan Finn’s signing a statement of intent

Shamrock Rovers boss believes ‘best midfielder’ can help the Hoops win the league"

"I want to win the league. And with signings like Ronan, that shows our intent to do that"

"I want to challenge them, 100 per cent."

Yeh your manager never said you would be in a title challenge! LOLLOLLOLLOL

So tell me exactly, where is "title challenge" in those statements?    Every team wants to challenge them, no point in being in the game if you don't want to. 

Every manager wants to "win the league", again if you don't, you're in the wrong game.   And did he say that was gonna happen this year?  No.  The intent is there, so it should be, doesn't mean he's saying we were gonna be title challenging and certainly not this year.

You demonstrate a fairly wild imagination and clear obsession with Rovers.   It's beyond tiresome at this stage. 

Rovers fans have had too many sh*tty years when Milltown went until we got a place to call home again, so your orgasmic glee at Rovers' current travails are water of a duck's back.   Off now back to your Fisher Price like a good lad.

Edited by FREEWHEELER - 26 Apr 2017 at 5:29pm
We'll never die, we'll never die, we'll keep the Green Flag flying high......Shamrock Rovers will never die, we'll keep the Green Flag Flying high. 19 Leagues and 25 Cups.....
Sponsored Links

Twoinarow View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Twoinarow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2017 at 5:31pm
So a manager saying "I want to win the league. And with signings like Ronan, that shows our intent to do that" is not really him saying we will chellenge for the league!

Stephen Kenny said he wants to qualify for the Champions League group stages this year, When we don't (realistically we wont) can I say he must have meant he wants to dosnt mean he thought we could LOL
2 in a row and we won it in Tallaght
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2017 at 6:36pm
Originally posted by FREEWHEELER FREEWHEELER wrote:

http://www.irishtimes.com/sport/soccer/national-league/stephen-bradley-says-ronan-finn-s-signing-a-statement-of-intent-1.2913466

"Stephen Bradley says Ronan Finn’s signing a statement of intent

Shamrock Rovers boss believes ‘best midfielder’ can help the Hoops win the league"

"I want to win the league. And with signings like Ronan, that shows our intent to do that"

"I want to challenge them, 100 per cent."

Yeh your manager never said you would be in a title challenge! LOLLOLLOLLOL

So tell me exactly, where is "title challenge" in those statements?    Every team wants to challenge them, no point in being in the game if you don't want to. 

Every manager wants to "win the league", again if you don't, you're in the wrong game.   And did he say that was gonna happen this year?  No.  The intent is there, so it should be, doesn't mean he's saying we were gonna be title challenging and certainly not this year.

You demonstrate a fairly wild imagination and clear obsession with Rovers.   It's beyond tiresome at this stage. 

Rovers fans have had too many sh*tty years when Milltown went until we got a place to call home again, so your orgasmic glee at Rovers' current travails are water of a duck's back.   Off now back to your Fisher Price like a good lad.
Ah ffs FW, you're better than that!! Is it as soon as you put on the Shamrock cap ye all get so deluded or what?
FREEWHEELER View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEWHEELER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2017 at 6:47pm
PM where am I deluded? I had no expectation of us winning the title. I expected progress and competitiveness, which we sadly haven't shown yet. Twoinarow bandies about silly assumptions in statements.

No Hoops fan (those with intelligence) can say the players aren't trying, it was clear in recent years too many weren't. Maybe some are trying too hard leading to indiscipline but Bradser needs help.

Bradley is struggling but he's not stupid and he certainly wasn't expecting to win a title in his first full season and neither were the fans.

Edited by FREEWHEELER - 26 Apr 2017 at 6:48pm
We'll never die, we'll never die, we'll keep the Green Flag flying high......Shamrock Rovers will never die, we'll keep the Green Flag Flying high. 19 Leagues and 25 Cups.....
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2017 at 7:07pm
Originally posted by FREEWHEELER FREEWHEELER wrote:

PM where am I deluded? I had no expectation of us winning the title. I expected progress and competitiveness, which we sadly haven't shown yet. Twoinarow bandies about silly assumptions in statements.

No Hoops fan (those with intelligence) can say the players aren't trying, it was clear in recent years too many weren't. Maybe some are trying too hard leading to indiscipline but Bradser needs help.

Bradley is struggling but he's not stupid and he certainly wasn't expecting to win a title in his first full season and neither were the fans.
You might not have but Bradley clearly did, read his comments pre-season where he is clearly talking of challenging. The poor lad is so far out of his depth that I would feel sorry for him if he was at any other club.

As  for Shams fans with intelligence, I really don't think it is possible. RTID being a perfect example, well capable of an intelligent statement or two , that is until you mention SRFC and trips his wires. I have often had debates in bars with fans of every LOI club, it is impossible with Shamrock fans due to the delusion. I have watched them play a home game in six different grounds and even that didn't bring reality home. I am sure there are intelligent people who "folly de Rovahs" until the club they support becomes relevant and the switch is tripped again.
Tony Cousins View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tony Cousins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2017 at 8:20pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

I have watched them play a home game in six different grounds and even that didn't bring reality home.

I've watched about 15 different cork clubs.

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2017 at 8:22pm
Originally posted by Tony Cousins Tony Cousins wrote:

Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

I have watched them play a home game in six different grounds and even that didn't bring reality home.

I've watched about 15 different cork clubs.

Fair play, I must have watched the bones of a hundred at all age levels across a few different leagues. Did you ever get to see any West Cork league sides? You might have seen me as a hungover sub.
KOH View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KOH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2017 at 8:46pm
Like I said earlier I'd rather have a madly optimistic manager than a whinger (whine whine whine I'm 9 points behind give me a penelty ) now that's embarrassing,
Keep up with your obsession though it's reassuring how much you care.

Edited by nvidic - 27 Apr 2017 at 7:24am
skinnymalinx View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skinnymalinx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2017 at 11:12pm
The subtle difference is that, pre madonna, you've proved yourself to be an absolute fool when it comes to posts, so your opinion is hollow and baseless. What you say carries no merit whatsoever

Edited by skinnymalinx - 26 Apr 2017 at 11:14pm
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2017 at 11:16pm
Originally posted by skinnymalinx skinnymalinx wrote:

The subtle difference is that, pre madonna, you've proved yourself to be an absolute fool when it comes to posts, so your opinion is hollow and baseless. What you say carries no merit whatsoever

Twoinarow View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Twoinarow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2017 at 8:07am
Why when the majority of Shams fans get proven wrong, they resort to insults?

You can't deny Bradley was talking up a title challenge no matter what way u wanna mix his words.

Maybe he was talking about 1st Divison next year?
2 in a row and we won it in Tallaght
RKBarmyArmy View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RKBarmyArmy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2017 at 9:15am
Hopefully ye get the result against Limerick on Friday just to keep the show on the road, for entertainment purposes alone having Bradders in the job is of the up most importance. 
KOH View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KOH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2017 at 9:46am
How is it resorting to insults to point out your manager is as capable of making an idiot of himself just as much as bradley can be overly optimistic.
Both are true.
AnCearrbhach View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnCearrbhach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2017 at 10:25am
Originally posted by RKBarmyArmy RKBarmyArmy wrote:

Hopefully ye get the result against Limerick on Friday just to keep the show on the road, for entertainment purposes alone having Bradders in the job is of the up most importance. 

Another club who hilariously overstated their credentials pre-season. More so than Shams even.
Aithníonn ciaróg ciaróg eile.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEWHEELER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2017 at 10:27am

Why when the majority of Shams fans get proven wrong, they resort to insults?

You can't deny Bradley was talking up a title challenge no matter what way u wanna mix his words.

Maybe he was talking about 1st Divison next year?

Maybe you'll point out the insults?

The only one mixing words is yourself lad.  Your last line is your usual lame attempt at humour.

Jog on with your embarrassing obsession.
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2017 at 10:53am
Mad how many fans of other clubs are so obsessed with Rovers - Has to be flattering I suppose. 
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEWHEELER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2017 at 10:59am
Originally posted by Borussia Borussia wrote:

Mad how many fans of other clubs are so obsessed with Rovers - Has to be flattering I suppose. 

Always find it bizarre, very seldom I go on other clubs threads.
AnCearrbhach View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnCearrbhach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2017 at 11:01am
Originally posted by Borussia Borussia wrote:

Some fellas definitely are (twoinarow etc.), for me it was always more Shels, Waterford and even Drogs who I disliked. Shams just provide regular comedic moments that most find entertaining.
Aithníonn ciaróg ciaróg eile.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 143144145146147 374>
  Share Topic