You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Away days + World Cup 2022 Accommodation and Travel
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Seville

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Salzburglilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Seville
    Posted: 05 Aug 2015 at 12:03am
Anyone heading to Seville on Saturday 5th?
Bus times ?
Nathan Collins - The best Kildare baller since Johnny Doyle!
Sponsored Links

SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2015 at 12:06am
http://www.algarvebus.info

Should be some info there.
Salzburglilly View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Salzburglilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2015 at 12:08am
Thanks SD
Nathan Collins - The best Kildare baller since Johnny Doyle!
colemanY2K View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2015 at 7:43am
I've taken this bus before and can tell you tis grand. It stops for 15mins once you cross over the bridge into Spain at a roadside diner and services.

it's a nice way to see Andalusia.
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.
brendy_éire View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brendy_éire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2015 at 3:46pm
Few of us flying into Sevilla before the game.
Booked with www.alsa.es. Saves a few quid booking direct.
City Till I Die
ShamtheRam View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShamtheRam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2015 at 3:53pm

Good ol Jimmy will be delighted about the thought of all these people entering him....

YBIG NPF founder and CEO
deise316 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Don't ask me about car warranty

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deise316 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2015 at 10:25pm
Originally posted by brendy_éire brendy_éire wrote:

Doing same meself chief. What day ya headed to Faro/Albufeira ? 

Picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.....
deise316 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deise316 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2015 at 12:08am
Bump for this. 

Anyone in Seville on Sun 30th ?? 

Just bought 2 tickets for Sevilla-Atletico on the Sunday (reasonable € 45 each). Approx 2000 tickets left according to their website. 

reddladd View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reddladd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2015 at 10:56am
That's a good shout Deise. Won't be there myself but I would be onto that if I was. Seville is a really nice spot too and well worth a couple of days before the madness that will be Albufeira
I could agree with you but then we'd both be wrong.
irish_goat View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irish_goat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2015 at 11:01am
Originally posted by deise316 deise316 wrote:

Doing same meself chief. What day ya headed to Faro/Albufeira ? 

We're on the 7pm bus to Faro on the Wednesday. 
deiseblue View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deiseblue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2015 at 11:15am
Originally posted by reddladd reddladd wrote:

That's a good shout Deise. Won't be there myself but I would be onto that if I was. Seville is a really nice spot too and well worth a couple of days before the madness that will be Albufeira

There's a great bar just past the ticket office where the Sevilla supporters congregate , good buzz & nice tapas.

For a more Irish experience , there is O'Neills bar directly across the road from the San Bernardo train & metro station - the station is also served by a tram that runs from the city centre , it's a 20 minute stroll from O'Neills to the stadium.

If you have time have a wander around the Santa Cruz area ( near the Cathedral ) - a warren of pedestrianised streets with good bars & restaurants.
newrynyuk View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote newrynyuk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2015 at 2:06pm
How long does the the bus to Seville from, say Faro, take?

Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2015 at 2:18pm
About 3 hours
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.
brendy_éire View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brendy_éire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2015 at 3:27pm
Originally posted by colemanY2K colemanY2K wrote:

About 3 hours

Some of the ALSA ones are direct, taking two hours.
City Till I Die
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2015 at 3:55pm

Originally posted by colemanY2K colemanY2K wrote:

About 3 hours

Some of the ALSA ones are direct, taking two hours.
makes sense. i got the alsa bus in the opposite direction and it took about 3hrs. It did stop on the Spanish side of the border though for 20 odd minutes.

Edited by colemanY2K - 26 Aug 2015 at 3:57pm
deise316 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deise316 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2015 at 8:15pm
Originally posted by irish_goat irish_goat wrote:

We're on the 7pm bus to Faro on the Wednesday. 

Went for the midday bus with Alsa, cost the same as the other one (Eva ?) , but their website was easier to navigate as regards buying tickets. Will have 4 days done in Seville at that stage & likely out of the hotel around that time anyway. 

Originally posted by deiseblue deiseblue wrote:

There's a great bar just past the ticket office where the Sevilla supporters congregate , good buzz & nice tapas.

For a more Irish experience , there is O'Neills bar directly across the road from the San Bernardo train & metro station - the station is also served by a tram that runs from the city centre , it's a 20 minute stroll from O'Neills to the stadium.

If you have time have a wander around the Santa Cruz area ( near the Cathedral ) - a warren of pedestrianised streets with good bars & restaurants.

Cheers DB Thumbs Up. Staying near enough the Cathedral anyway, wandering around is about all I have planned other than the game on Sunday. 

Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2015 at 1:43am
Great Seville is managed to get a betis game when I was there.

Met a few Seville players too when I visited the sevike stadium as they were heading on their away trip.

Great city for food. The home of taps.
AKA pedantic kunt
Sligo Hornet View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Runner Up, Branson lookalike 2003

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sligo Hornet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2015 at 7:09am
Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

Great Seville is managed to get a betis game when I was there.

Met a few Seville players too when I visited the sevike stadium as they were heading on their away trip.

Great city for food. The home of taps.

I always thought Seville was famous for its oranges .....didn't know it was plumbing items
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic