Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Serie A thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 110111112113114 121>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2020 at 10:41pm
Originally posted by coyne coyne wrote:

10 miles north. About 45 mins jog.

Only a pendetic would say it isn't 

Confused

But it's not. Monza is a city in it's own right 
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
Sponsored Links

FrankosHereNow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2020 at 11:19pm

So Sunderland are a Newcastle team.
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2020 at 11:20pm

Nothing pedantic about it Coyne. Monza simply isn't in Milan. 
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2020 at 11:23pm
Originally posted by FrankosHereNow FrankosHereNow wrote:

Newcastle is 25 miles north of a motorway. If I tried to jog to Newcastle I'd probably get run over.

Monza was once part of Milan but then became a separate province. A bit like in England how Middlesbrough is nowadays considered part of North Yorkshire not the North East

FrankosHereNow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2020 at 11:27pm

Newcastle is 25 miles north of a motorway. If I tried to jog to Newcastle I'd probably get run over.

Monza was once part of Milan but then became a separate province. A bit like in England how Middlesbrough is nowadays considered part of North Yorkshire not the North East

14 miles apart on google maps. By your logic, Sunderland are a Newcastle team.
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2020 at 11:28pm

LOL
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2020 at 11:33pm

Was actually the opposite once upon a time. Sunderland Albion they were called, dissolved and moved to Newcastle Thumbs Up

I can't recall why they use black in their colours but the white comes from their Albion days.

Edited by coyne - 10 Sep 2020 at 11:35pm
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2020 at 11:36pm
Off topic but what channel is the Shamrock Rovers AC Monza game on? 
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2020 at 11:54pm

Was actually the opposite once upon a time. Sunderland Albion they were called, dissolved and moved to Newcastle Thumbs Up

I can't recall why they use black in their colours but the white comes from their Albion days.
What are you sh*tting on about?

If your believing Newcastle utd came from Sunderland Albion you're very much mistaken Newcastle United came from Two Newcastle based clubs West End and East End merging.

Also Monza is a city upon itselfs and not Milan 
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2020 at 8:09am
Monza is very much a city in its own right. Not a suburb or anything like that, but a proper city that is near Milan. There may be close to a continuous urban area between the two, but there is between Birmingham and Coventry and I have neard once heard anybody claim that Coventry is in Birmingham!

Middlesbrough is in Yorkshire and the North East. Yorkshire is a ceremonial county and the North East a geographic division that is really only important for tourism boards and formally for European elections. I believe the NE runs from the Scottish border to around Redcar and Cleveland,  due east of Middlesbrough. 

Newcastle United was formed by a merger of Newcastle West End and Newcastle East End. West End actually went under, with key members of the club joining East End. The club continued as East End for a couple of years, playing in red shirts and white short, until changing their name to try and broaden their support base in the city. They then chose black and white as their colours for the same reason. The reason they picked black and white is unclear with all sorts of theories put forward without any proof. 
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2020 at 10:45am
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Monza is very much a city in its own right. Not a suburb or anything like that, but a proper city that is near Milan. There may be close to a continuous urban area between the two, but there is between Birmingham and Coventry and I have neard once heard anybody claim that Coventry is in Birmingham!

Middlesbrough is in Yorkshire and the North East. Yorkshire is a ceremonial county and the North East a geographic division that is really only important for tourism boards and formally for European elections. I believe the NE runs from the Scottish border to around Redcar and Cleveland,  due east of Middlesbrough. 

Newcastle United was formed by a merger of Newcastle West End and Newcastle East End. West End actually went under, with key members of the club joining East End. The club continued as East End for a couple of years, playing in red shirts and white short, until changing their name to try and broaden their support base in the city. They then chose black and white as their colours for the same reason. The reason they picked black and white is unclear with all sorts of theories put forward without any proof. 

Clap
oldbilly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2020 at 10:50am
Originally posted by sid waddell sid waddell wrote:

Originally posted by PanteirA PanteirA wrote:

Pirlo, has all the attributes to be a successful manager based on his years of experience.
That's a tremendous vapid cliche

One you could say about literally any ex-footballer

Hope Solo for instance

She would do a great job at Juve

She’d be better than young Roy keane
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2020 at 12:20pm

You could jog 10 miles in 45 mins? Get to f**k LOL
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2020 at 1:08pm
Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

You could jog 10 miles in 45 mins? Get to f**k LOL
For the amount of mentions he mentions his exercise routine I would expect him to do it in half that. 
Shoco View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Hail Hail the Celts are here

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shoco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2020 at 4:23pm
Napoli played Genoa last week. The very next day 8 Genoa players tested positive for COVID, that is now up to 15. 2 Napoli players have tested positive in the last few days. They were supposed to travel to Turin last night to play juventus tonight, but were stopped and banned from travelling by the local authorities. Serie are saying the game will go ahead and won’t postpone it! So looks like juventus will have to take the field to get a 3-0 walkover!

YOUR 3 IN A ROW LEAGUE CHAMPIONS
Shoco View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Hail Hail the Celts are here

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shoco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2020 at 8:20pm
This is a shambles, was confirmed Napoli players would have faced criminal charges had they broken their quarantine 

YOUR 3 IN A ROW LEAGUE CHAMPIONS
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2020 at 8:30pm
crazy carry on
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2020 at 9:35pm
Shambolic, but this won't be the last. I really can't see the season being finished anywhere. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 110111112113114 121>
  Share Topic