You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Serbian football

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AlexLoxate Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Serbian football
    Posted: 21 Aug 2012 at 5:02pm
Some of you might remember me from the Serbia - Ireland friendly.
I thought I'd make a little Serbian football topic.

So, here's the official website of the FA.

And the website of our national Superlague. 

Basically the Superleague consists of 16 teams starting in mid-August, and finishing up by mid-May. The mid-season break lasts from about mid-December until February.

The main contenders for the title are almost always Partizan and Red Star. The only time (since the break up of Yugoslavia) we had a different champion was in 1998 when Obilic won the title. Also, there were only two occasions where the runners up wasn't either Partizan or Red Star. That happened in 1999 and 2009 when Obilic and Vojvodina claimed 2nd place.

Personally, though, I support Spartak Zlatibor Voda from Subotica.
Sponsored Links

The U View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The U Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2012 at 5:13pm
Are you part of the UCD fanclub?
AlexLoxate View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AlexLoxate Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2012 at 5:38pm
Originally posted by UCD AFC UCD AFC wrote:

Are you part of the UCD fanclub?

Yeah, I helped out the fan club, got the site up and running and formed UCD AFC Serbia Supporters.
The U View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The U Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2012 at 6:29pm
Clap
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AlexLoxate Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2012 at 10:41pm
Originally posted by UCD AFC UCD AFC wrote:

Clap

I'm doing my best to get people here to learn about UCD, going well for now :) Even have a Facebook page up: https://www.facebook.com/pages/UCD-AFC-Serbia-Supporters-Club/108200809206512?ref=hl  and I did some official shirts as well.
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2012 at 11:03pm
I KNOW I AM, I'M SURE I AM, RED STAR 'TIL I DIEClap

Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AlexLoxate Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2012 at 12:41am
Originally posted by nvidic nvidic wrote:

A Partizan supporter would surely start chanting "Cigani, cigani" :P

Alright, this one's for you then: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eI_R6tcL3-c

Edited by AlexLoxate - 22 Aug 2012 at 12:51am
HuntysCousin View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HuntysCousin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2012 at 12:53am
How available are tickets to the Partizan-Red Start derby?Myself and a few friends are planning on visiting the city sometime,hoping to witness that spectacle if possible
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AlexLoxate Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2012 at 12:54am
Some highlights from round 2 of the Superleague:

Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AlexLoxate Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2012 at 12:55am
Originally posted by HuntysCousin HuntysCousin wrote:

How available are tickets to the Partizan-Red Start derby?Myself and a few friends are planning on visiting the city sometime,hoping to witness that spectacle if possible

Depends on whether you pin down your date of visit so I can book the tickets in advance. They should be fairly easy to get though. Just let me know the details.

The match is currently scheduled for 17.11.2012.

Edited by AlexLoxate - 22 Aug 2012 at 12:58am
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HuntysCousin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2012 at 1:06am
Ah it won't be for another couple of years,trying to plan a trip around Eastern Europe and we'd love to manage to get in that match while in Belgrade
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AlexLoxate Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2012 at 1:07am
Whenever you're interested just let me know and we can sort something out.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HuntysCousin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2012 at 1:11am
Nice one,cheers
UCDFAN View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UCDFAN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2012 at 6:54am
Big changes at Red Star, who have a Europa league game this week.

Robert Prosinečki resigned after getting a text from Chairman Vladimir Lukic about the poor strat to the season.
"Lukic, obviously unhappy with the team’s failure to secure a win in the opening game of the season and with the fans’ increased calls for change in the back office, could not help but text Prosinecki slating him and accusing him of betrayal in a threatening tone."

Current Serbia U21 manager Alexandar Janković has come for his second spell as Manager, he remains the Serbia U21 manager for the moment.
""I have arrived at a very sensitive time for Crvena zvezda. We have not got much time to speak because the domestic league has already started and a most important European test lies ahead."

Chairman Lukic has agreed to resign in mid-September, it's going to be mid-September because the chosen replacement, Dragan Dzajic, is still facing charges of corruption since 1998, but those charges are expected to be dropped by then.
"Lukic’s meeting with Red Star fan group on Monday boiled down to a plea to the fans to respect him and let him go in peace, without any boos and jeers from the stands accompanying his final days as Red Star chairman."LOL

Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AlexLoxate Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2012 at 11:48am
Originally posted by UCDFAN UCDFAN wrote:

Big changes at Red Star, who have a Europa league game this week.

Robert Prosinečki resigned after getting a text from Chairman Vladimir Lukic about the poor strat to the season.
"Lukic, obviously unhappy with the team’s failure to secure a win in the opening game of the season and with the fans’ increased calls for change in the back office, could not help but text Prosinecki slating him and accusing him of betrayal in a threatening tone."

Was quite odd seeing him go just ahead of the Bordeaux match.
colemanY2K View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2012 at 2:31pm
I'd imagine it must have been difficult for Robert Prosinečki to manage a Serbian club when he himself is Croatian. Surely the fans went crazy with that appointment?

In my opinion he would never have stood a chance of success for those reasons.
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2012 at 2:38pm
Originally posted by AlexLoxate AlexLoxate wrote:

Originally posted by nvidic nvidic wrote:

A Partizan supporter would surely start chanting "Cigani, cigani" :P

Alright, this one's for you then: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eI_R6tcL3-c

what a winClap
gspain View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gspain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2012 at 3:01pm
Also plan on going to a derby game at Partizan Alex as per our chat in the three carrots.  Again it definitely won't be this year with Poland, Serbia, Kazakhstan and Faroes to pay for.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic