You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Away days + World Cup 2022 Accommodation and Travel
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Serbia or Austria away games. Which one?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green-Gallagher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Serbia or Austria away games. Which one?
    Posted: 15 Jun 2016 at 4:10pm
Hey all.

Just looking ahead from the Euros.
Just wondering if a few could give me any advice from experience.

I've been looking at heading over to Serbia for the opener in September, but now looking at maybe Vienna instead. Serbia is working out a little cheaper as it stands but there's not much of a differece for it to be the main factor for choosing it.

Just wondering what guys know or advise from experience and which one you think I should go with. As in which one for hospitality and atmosphere etc.

Cheers guys.

Edited by Green-Gallagher - 15 Jun 2016 at 4:12pm
Sponsored Links

Terry Mancicni View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Terry Mancicni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2016 at 9:59am
well austria is going to be dramatically more expensive over there
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2016 at 10:16am
Serbia for all the reasons below

Never been
Better time of the year
Cheaper when there
Probably better chance of 3 points
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
SByrne24 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SByrne24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2016 at 10:21am
It depends what you're after.

Vienna is a beautiful city, possibly the nicest in Europe. If you're only going out for a drinking session Serbia would make more sense a lot cheaper etc if you're intending on doing a bit of sight seeing and soaking up the local culture head for Austria.
colemanY2K View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2016 at 10:32am
No contest. It has to be Belgrade.

I've been to both cities. Both are fantastic places to visit.

If I was you I would go for Serbia for the following reasons:

1. The Ottoman part of the city is beautiful with fantastic views to the north, west and east from the fortress. It's a pretty cool place sitting in a bar/cafe up there with a 1 euro beer watching the Sava and Danube rivers merge.

2. The weather in September will be very warm.

3. Serbian women (the same goes for the majority of ethnic Balkan women).

4. The atmosphere in the stadium will be hostile adding to the buzz.

5. As noted, beer is dirt cheap as is accommodation and grub.

6. The Serbs are sound skins and no doubt you'll end flooring quite a few shots of Rakija with them.

Edited by colemanY2K - 16 Jun 2016 at 10:34am
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.
gspain View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gspain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2016 at 10:49am
Belgrade for me too.  Lovely city but surprised you can do it cheaper than Vienna although I suppose it depends on how much you drink.
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2016 at 11:00am
Originally posted by colemanY2K colemanY2K wrote:

No contest. It has to be Belgrade.

I've been to both cities. Both are fantastic places to visit.

If I was you I would go for Serbia for the following reasons:

1. The Ottoman part of the city is beautiful with fantastic views to the north, west and east from the fortress. It's a pretty cool place sitting in a bar/cafe up there with a 1 euro beer watching the Sava and Danube rivers merge.

2. The weather in September will be very warm.

3. Serbian women (the same goes for the majority of ethnic Balkan women).

4. The atmosphere in the stadium will be hostile adding to the buzz.

5. As noted, beer is dirt cheap as is accommodation and grub.

6. The Serbs are sound skins and no doubt you'll end flooring quite a few shots of Rakija with them.

Exactly.

Been to Vienna once before and would not be rushed going back.... the food was just terrible.

HuntysCousin View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HuntysCousin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2016 at 1:15pm
Haven't been to Belgrade before,but will def be prioritising there over Vienna,for reasons that the lads have pointed out,plus the Austrians are sh*te craic
Butch View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Butch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2016 at 2:21pm
f**k ya all . I have been convincing myself that I'm better off going to Vienna as it suits me better for work etc and might have to do a family holiday in Sept . Might change the plans again ....
brissy View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brissy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2016 at 9:35pm
The dublin - zurich, zurich - belgrade flight looks straight forward, no hassle with buses or trains.
Eastern europe is the way forward, is there many on that dublin - zurich fligh, im thinking of booking, enjoyed france and poland so going to do more ireland aways.
corkery View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote corkery Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2016 at 10:30pm
Serbs are dangerous at matches.
'The younger generation as in 17 -25 are certainly gayer than their predecessors. I think they may cause the extinction of the human race with their activities.'- Baldrick
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2016 at 11:17pm
Originally posted by Newryrep Newryrep wrote:

Serbia for all the reasons below

Never been
Better time of the year
Cheaper when there
Probably better chance of 3 points

Probably a better chance of 3 points?!

I highly doubt it plus the atmosphere will be a lot more intimidating.

Would take a draw in both aways which'd be a fantastic return from 2 of our toughest fixtures.

@greengallagher

Has to be Belgrade which'd be a place you'd be less likely to visit than Vienna in other circumstances.

Edited by irishmufc - 19 Jun 2016 at 11:19pm
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Ace View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2016 at 11:18pm
Anyone got any straight forward/cheap ways to go - given the size of the stadium - would tickets be easy to come by?
bogball88 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bogball88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2016 at 4:58pm
Originally posted by SByrne24 SByrne24 wrote:

Vienna is a beautiful city, possibly the nicest in Europe. If you're only going out for a drinking session Serbia would make more sense a lot cheaper etc if you're intending on doing a bit of sight seeing and soaking up the local culture head for Austria.

Which are you for doing?
bannerboy95 View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bannerboy95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2016 at 5:55pm
Has to be Belgrade for me hope to do Vienna too but Belgrade was a priority this campaign
Butch View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Butch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2016 at 6:38pm
Originally posted by bogball88 bogball88 wrote:

Which are you for doing?

He has been in both 38 times so it's irrelevant which ones Topper does
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2016 at 7:10am
Originally posted by Butch Butch wrote:

Originally posted by bogball88 bogball88 wrote:

Which are you for doing?

He has been in both 38 times so it's irrelevant which ones Topper does
The name Topper always cracks me up LOLLOLLOLLOLLOL
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
Jock View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2016 at 9:04am
Would have liked to have done Belgrade myself, but lack of holidays dictated that it be Vienna
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic