You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Season Ticket Renewals

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 54555657>
Author
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greend16 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2022 at 9:51am
quick question folks.
New season ticket holder me and the young lad.
I purchased thursday with the pay half now then Rest on march. 

Only got one email saying I had purchased from ticketmaster but nothing about date to pay Rest etc. Also how do I log in to fai account to see ST? 

Got it as a surprise for crimbo for him. So want to be able print something off.
Sponsored Links

Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2022 at 4:24pm
Www.fai.ie/myaccount

Match details will be visible but tickets wont be activated until a week or two before the game. 

March 1st is the date of next payment.

Edited by Sham157 - 26 Nov 2022 at 4:28pm
Greend16 View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greend16 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2022 at 4:30pm
Originally posted by Sham157 Sham157 wrote:

http://Www.fai.ie/myaccount - Www.fai.ie/myaccount

Match details will be visible but tickets wont be activated until a week or two before the game. 

March 1st is the date of next payment.

Cheers thanks for the reply
MayoMark View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The NEW angrier Freewheeler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MayoMark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2022 at 4:46pm
Originally posted by Greend16 Greend16 wrote:

quick question folks.
New season ticket holder me and the young lad.
I purchased thursday with the pay half now then Rest on march. 

Only got one email saying I had purchased from ticketmaster but nothing about date to pay Rest etc. Also how do I log in to fai account to see ST? 

Got it as a surprise for crimbo for him. So want to be able print something off.

Great present Clap
They finally did it man... They killed my f**kin' car...
Neil Armstrong View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
Cyavan Cyunt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Neil Armstrong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2022 at 5:11pm
Ian Mallon: Why did FAI reduce value of tickets by €700k before Euro draw? (irishexaminer.com)

But what if that figure should be €3.1m - or perhaps as high as €3.4m - but isn’t, because 18,000 of the 23,000 sales were discounted and presented to customers 72 hours before a Euro 2024 Qualifying draw?

ON THE face of it, the FAI’s recent announcement that it had broken all records with season ticket sales looks like a decent marketing campaign done well.

And it was - bringing in approximately €2.5m in ticketing revenue for 2023, with more to come when individual match tickets are issued in the weeks ahead.

But what if that figure should be €3.1m - or perhaps as high as €3.4m - but isn’t, because 18,000 of the 23,000 sales were discounted and presented to customers 72 hours before a Euro 2024 Qualifying draw, which delivered a dream double fixture of France and Holland?

That’s the scenario which has emerged on the back of last week’s headline from Abbotstown that revealed that the FAI had sold out its season ticket packages in record numbers.

In reality, 78 per cent of those tickets were sold at reduced rates, with just over a fifth achieving their full value.

To try to unpack the business decisions that went into such a move, let's first go back to October 6, three days before the Euro 2024 draw in Frankfurt.

72 hours before a ball had been drawn from the pot, the FAI went out to its 18,000 current season ticket holders, offering them “an exclusive renewal rate” which would be available for one month, ending on November 10.

The pre-discounted prices ranged from €150 - €320 for individual bundles, to €450 for a family pass (two adults and two children) – while Premium passes (for the four corner areas of the Aviva) at €400, were not eligible for the renewal offer.

For those customers who had bought tickets for this year’s Nations League games – the deal represented a reduction, on average, of €39.16 per package.

That might not seem like a large discount when spread over four competitive games, but when combined works out at a potential figure of €705k, which for any organisation – particularly one under financial challenge – is a significant amount to leave on the table.

If the FAI had waited until after the draw in Frankfurt, which produced Group B rivals France and Holland – it would comfortably have sold that 23,000 number without the need to add discounted offers, resulting in an income which could have gone as high as €3.45m.

For the 18,000 supporters who were already captured by the season ticket concept and didn’t require discount incentives to buy, particularly in a year of more-meaningful competition, the deal represented a surprising bonus.

One season ticket holder told The Pitch that the offer was “a great deal for the punter, to be fair, but from a financial point of view it doesn’t make business sense”.

The FAI might say that such a move actually made perfect sense in the midst of a cost-of-living and inflation crisis, hence the need to go back to fans and offer 2022 prices, instead of the 2023 markup.

But it didn’t, instead an FAI spokesman told The Pitch that current customers were the priority and it had “held the renewal price for season tickets holders at 2022 levels to reward our loyal fan base”.

“Nearly 18,000 chose to renew for 2023. We have sold over 5,000 additional tickets at a higher price, which makes 23,000 sales a new all-time record high for season ticket revenues and gives us another strong revenue pillar to budget against for the whole of the Association in 2023.” 

What is curious is why the FAI was so eager to drive so much revenue through the door now, and not wait three days to determine the real value of those tickets, after the draw?

One view may be down to the challenging repayments structure that the FAI is fulfilling with its banks – the Association’s debt climbed to €63.5m last year.

The other alternative is that the FAI is comfortably satisfying its lenders’ needs, has grown its €6.7m surplus and is emerging from the financial austerity which has crippled the organisation since 2019.

Either way, the FAI did not challenge our financial estimates when they were presented this week.

Ulster Champions 2020 our 40th Title. Take that all ye Moanaghan ***ts!
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2022 at 5:32pm
Am I missing something here - Is the article complaining that the FAI charged season ticket holders the same price as last year??

Edited by Borussia - 02 Dec 2022 at 5:37pm
VanBosch View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VanBosch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2022 at 5:37pm
Originally posted by Borussia Borussia wrote:

Am I missing something here - Is the article complaining that the FAI charged season ticket holders the same price as last year??

Yup
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2022 at 5:50pm
That's daft - Clubs, for example, aren't putting season ticket prices up. My season ticket in the UK hasn't gone up in 3/4 years. Rewarding loyalty during these tough times should be something the FAI are applauded for. 
wanderer View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wanderer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2022 at 6:12pm
How on earth is that even news worthy.

Existing ticket holders get price freeze during cost of living crisis.... there's your positive headline instead of that utter garbage he wrote

Edited by wanderer - 02 Dec 2022 at 6:12pm
Landsdowne90 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Landsdowne90 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2022 at 6:25pm
Shocking stuff that article is

Edited by Landsdowne90 - 02 Dec 2022 at 6:25pm
Artie Ziff View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Artie Ziff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2022 at 6:26pm
It's written by former FAI staff member Ian Mallon. ffs. 

Delete that garbage 
It would damage this forums' reputation
Greener92 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greener92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2022 at 7:06pm
Nonsensical article. Could have just as easily drawn Hungary and Finland as the big two in the group and not sold anywhere near the level they have. Silly stuff 
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2022 at 7:12pm
Originally posted by Greener92 Greener92 wrote:

Nonsensical article. Could have just as easily drawn Hungary and Finland as the big two in the group and not sold anywhere near the level they have. Silly stuff 
He and still is a Delaney fanboy. Plenty of them still around. Best off ignored.
MayoMark View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The NEW angrier Freewheeler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MayoMark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2022 at 7:13pm
Suppose you can't please everyone LOL
They finally did it man... They killed my f**kin' car...
E2016 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote E2016 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2023 at 11:44am
I'm trying to forward on my Latvia tickets but I cant, is anybody elses tickets still unavailable to be managed?
Greener92 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greener92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2023 at 11:50am
Originally posted by E2016 E2016 wrote:

I'm trying to forward on my Latvia tickets but I cant, is anybody elses tickets still unavailable to be managed?
I’ve been told they will be activated on Monday and can be managed then
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2023 at 2:22pm
Originally posted by Greener92 Greener92 wrote:

Originally posted by E2016 E2016 wrote:

I’ve been told they will be activated on Monday and can be managed then

yes i think it to limit the capacity for fraud /ticket touting if tickets are available too early though clearly unlikely in this case  
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
E2016 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote E2016 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2023 at 5:41pm
Still not available annoyingly.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 54555657>
  Share Topic