Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Seanie Maguire

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4445464748 53>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2019 at 12:49pm
Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

Originally posted by Het-field Het-field wrote:

I still think Collins has overtaken Maguire and is probably ahead of Hogan, who MM rates. Collins has started well in the Championship and broke his international duck.

And rightly so, Collins impressed me with his performance against Bulgaria. I have yet to be impressed with what I've seen from Maguire in an Ireland shirt.

+1 Brendy
Sponsored Links

50%lesssugar&salt View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 50%lesssugar&salt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2019 at 1:12pm
Originally posted by Hans Moleman Hans Moleman wrote:

Absolutely no doubt that Collins is ahead of Maguire. I can see Collins getting minutes in the last 3 group games.

It will take a different manager with a totally different style of football to get the best out of Maguire. Hopefully when that time comes he is in form and injury free.

Maguire clearly not up to international standard. We would need Merlin the Magician managing us to change that.

McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2019 at 1:15pm
Originally posted by 50%lesssugar&salt 50%lesssugar&salt wrote:

Absolutely no doubt that Collins is ahead of Maguire. I can see Collins getting minutes in the last 3 group games.

It will take a different manager with a totally different style of football to get the best out of Maguire. Hopefully when that time comes he is in form and injury free.

Maguire clearly not up to international standard. We would need Merlin the Magician managing us to change that.

Sometimes this whole argument puzzles me. How can he score at Championship level (when fit and playing in natural position) against players that are quite arguably stronger opposition than say some of our group opponents, yet be deemed "not up to it"? 
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

kearney304 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kearney304 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2019 at 1:19pm
Agree - the mind boggles 
Hans Moleman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Muff: That is a lie and you are a liar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2019 at 1:23pm

I still think Collins has overtaken Maguire and is probably ahead of Hogan, who MM rates. Collins has started well in the Championship and broke his international duck.

And rightly so, Collins impressed me with his performance against Bulgaria. I have yet to be impressed with what I've seen from Maguire in an Ireland shirt.

Well that's that then. Collins was good in a half hour appearance in a friendly against a godawful Bulgarian side. Maguires time with Eire is over. Hopefully he continues to score goals for Preston and has a good club career.
"I called him an embarrassment to FIFA and to himself," .... He said 'No-one speaks to me like that'.... and I said, "well I do' and that was that."
Hans Moleman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Muff: That is a lie and you are a liar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2019 at 1:26pm
Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

Originally posted by 50%lesssugar&salt 50%lesssugar&salt wrote:

Sometimes this whole argument puzzles me. How can he score at Championship level (when fit and playing in natural position) against players that are quite arguably stronger opposition than say some of our group opponents, yet be deemed "not up to it"? 

Because people haven't a f*cking clue what they are talking about. 

Maguire doesn't fit in the current Irish set up. Put simply, we don't create enough chances for him to shine. Our tactics are suited to bigger lumps as the number 9.

Doherty a superb footballer is another who simply doesn't fit in with how we currently attempt to play. Hopefully in time that will also change.
"I called him an embarrassment to FIFA and to himself," .... He said 'No-one speaks to me like that'.... and I said, "well I do' and that was that."
kearney304 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kearney304 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2019 at 1:49pm
It's the fact people have just accepted Doherty shouldn't play - based on an hour in Gibraltar on an Astro. 

Best Irish player on form at the end of the 2018/2019 PL season.
DeclanDaly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeclanDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2019 at 1:53pm
Maguire seems to play his best stuff coming in from the flanks. I’d say he’s not the type of lone centre forward that can play the hold up game that Mick is looking for. That said, McCarthy looks like he rates him, so I could see him getting more chances in a two or playing wide 

Edited by DeclanDaly - 16 Sep 2019 at 1:53pm
You asked if I'd be anyone from history, fact or fiction, dead or alive:
I said "I'd be Tony Cascarino, circa 1995"
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2019 at 3:24pm

Well that's that then. Collins was good in a half hour appearance in a friendly against a godawful Bulgarian side. Maguires time with Eire is over. Hopefully he continues to score goals for Preston and has a good club career.

Yea that's exactly what I said! Clown
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2019 at 5:42pm
He hasn't set the world alight, but at the same time I wouldn't say Maguire has done much wrong in his handful of international appearances. Certainly hasn't been bad enough to completely write him off.
We're decent enough..
Sullivinho View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sullivinho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2019 at 8:43pm
Until such time as he conquers Liechtenstein on the way to a total of 9 international goals and obstinately rejects the very notion of being 5th choice striker...

This chap is diet David Connolly.
Pure Hat!
50%lesssugar&salt View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 50%lesssugar&salt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2019 at 10:33pm
[/QUOTE]

LOL

He is Guinness light..
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2019 at 12:47am
Originally posted by Sullivinho Sullivinho wrote:

Until such time as he conquers Liechtenstein on the way to a total of 9 international goals and obstinately rejects the very notion of being 5th choice striker...

102 goals in the Championship/First Division.

Seanie, with an average about 1 goal in every 4 games in the same division, has not shown he is at that level, unfortunately.
kevincronin2000 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Cork Airport Dogging Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevincronin2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2019 at 3:36pm
Scores again today as he nets the opener for pne. 🔥🔥
time is the stuff that life is made of, don't waste it.
gufct View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Trapattoni could manage me any day!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gufct Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2019 at 3:37pm
Seanie scores again against Birmingham but we will have more posts about Dan Crowley.
One City,One County,One Club GUFC will be back.
gazurtoids View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gazurtoids Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2019 at 5:07pm
Originally posted by gufct gufct wrote:

Seanie scores again against Birmingham but we will have more posts about Dan Crowley.

He had his chance made no impression.........how many International footballers in that Birmingham side
kevincronin2000 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Cork Airport Dogging Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevincronin2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2019 at 5:05pm
Another assist for seani today as PNE came from 2 down to beat Blackburn 3-2, don't think he has a role for Ireland as a Striker mainly down to the way we play, but Alex Neill has played him on the wing over the past few weeks and deffinetly could do a job similar to Callum Robinson or O'Dowda for us.

time is the stuff that life is made of, don't waste it.
killer kilbane View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote killer kilbane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2019 at 9:26pm
Must have got tips off David Meyler
And it's come through now to mackay... and it's there
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4445464748 53>
  Share Topic