You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Seanie Maguire

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2728293031 53>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rolo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2017 at 10:56pm
Originally posted by TioPepe TioPepe wrote:

I'll make a bolder claim. 

Jack Grealish will never be capped by the English senior side. He will never make it to a top 6 PL side either. He has a shocking attitude.

Rolo the ridiculous mod, now makes ridiculous claims.

Well aren't you going out on a limb making such a claim at this point. Fair play to you.

"I'm off to see the Queen tomorrow too, don't forget that"
Sponsored Links

rolo View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rolo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2017 at 11:00pm
Originally posted by Green Devil Green Devil wrote:

Rolo, anyone can see Grealish has flattered to deceive and is showing no signs of becoming a top player like you made out he would.

Your words - Jack Grealish will be capped competitively under Hodgson

Grealish has 6 goals and 3 assists for Aston Villa in 60 odd games 

Sean Maguire has 3 goals and 3 assists in 11 games for Preston

For sure Maguire is a striker so even by removing the goals, you have a player who has just come from the LOI and who was rejected by West Ham as a kid, let go by Dundalk etc who has the same amount of assists in English football as "the baller" Jack Grealish

Grealish will no doubt go on to forge a decent career in English football, but I have seen nothing to suggest he has the consistency, nor the work ethic, nor the head (off the field antics) to reach the very top like you were suggesting he would. The top defenders suss out players like Grealish very easily, having a few tricks and flicks will only get you so far. 

As for the Giles article, players like Grealish come and go year in year out. Ravel Morrison is a prime example, a far more talented player than Grealish and has done f**k all with his talent, currently bombed out by Lazio to a side in Mexico.

My claim was that he would be capped competitively by England against San Marino or Lithuania in Autumn 2015 as he was more than good enough to deal with that level of opposition, something I still maintain, he was definitely up to that challenge. He didnt commit to England until just before the final two qualifiers in October 2015, and he didnt get the call up. The call up wasn't merited at that stage, so it didnt come. 

It was debatable whether it was merited 5 months previously, some posters made the point he was nowhere near the England set-up, I argued at the time that he should be, as they would want to close the discussion by capping him. And I also argued that since he had run rings around Man City and Liverpool, he was putting himself in the picture for a call up, if he had made himself available for England selection then. I thought they should cap him to put the whole thing to bed. When the time came, he was out of form.

Edited by rolo - 14 Oct 2017 at 11:03pm
TioPepe View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TioPepe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2017 at 12:14am
Originally posted by rolo rolo wrote:

Jack Grealish will never be capped by the English senior side. He will never make it to a top 6 PL side either. He has a shocking attitude.

Well aren't you going out on a limb making such a claim at this point. Fair play to you.

Resign. 
rolo View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rolo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2017 at 12:18am

Resign. 

You've been on this forum a month and you're very familiar with who the mods are and what I've said or whatever?

Might it be that you've been on the forum before under different username? You seem to have an issue with me. You're always at me. Did I ban you? 

Just seems strange that you'd have such an issue with me having only been here a month. 

You don't carry on like you're a new poster on here.
TioPepe View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TioPepe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2017 at 12:23am

Resign. 

You've been on this forum a month and you're very familiar with who the mods are and what I've said or whatever?

Might it be that you've been on the forum before under different username? You seem to have an issue with me. You're always at me. Did I ban you? 

Just seems strange that you'd have such an issue with me having only been here a month. 

You're an idiot sir. You think I'm Sbyrne as well, Gas. The guy you banned for claiming his Scottish heritage LOL

Seriously, you're telling the general public Jack Grealish is essentially the future of English football. Utter madness. And now mentioning 'form'  Joe Hart hasn't been in form for id suggest 4 years, yet still Englands 1. 

Go look at my IP, tell me where i am sunshine. 

rolo View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rolo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2017 at 1:13am

Resign. 

You're an idiot sir. You think I'm Sbyrne as well, Gas. The guy you banned for claiming his Scottish heritage LOL

Seriously, you're telling the general public Jack Grealish is essentially the future of English football. Utter madness. And now mentioning 'form'  Joe Hart hasn't been in form for id suggest 4 years, yet still Englands 1. 

I couldn't give a f**k who you are! Not gonna check your IP either. The poster sbyrne was banned by me, not for "claiming his Scottish heritage" as you put it, but for trolling Irish fans on an Irish fans' forum by celebrating Scotland's goal against Slovenia, a goal that put our world cup hopes in doubts. It was inflammatory. People complained. I banned him, in accordance with rule number six of this forum.

I could ban you too, for calling me an idiot, which is personal abuse, and breaks rule number one of the forum. But you catch me in a charitable mood. Still buzzing after Monday's win. So I'm not going to ban you. But call me an idiot or sunshine or anything again and you're gone Thumbs Up
deise316 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Don't ask me about car warranty

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deise316 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2017 at 4:47am

In fairness, who could possibly think that you are in fact Sbyrne. As the oul cinematic thing says, as it scrolls along the big i-max screen (which you have, I'm in no doubt, installed in yer dog kennel East, while waiting on the lads to come along and install it in dog kennel west in a few days time) - Any similarities to actual persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental. Still, you appear to have fooled some of the mods for a few days, so off you go & dine out on that, sure yer a fecking genius & master of deception to boot, overall, yet another fantastic addition to Ybig. 

Picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.....
deise316 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deise316 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2017 at 5:25am
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

Maguire has not been given a chance yet.  He may flop at international level, and he may also fall off the map at Preston.  You don't know how it will pan out anymore than I do.  David Forde did not stand out at LOI level.  In fact I know lads who played with him at galway and said never in a million years could they have seen him play for Ireland. They didn't think he's even go to England.

Unreal to see lads gloating. He still has a lot top prove and he has a good chance of delivering. But he still prove to be a flash in the pan.

He impressed Simon Grayson, who bought him from Cork. He then sufficiently impressed a new manager, Alex Neil, who didn't buy him, but thought enough of him to throw him into the first team straight away, after a few training sessions and a few pre season games. A bit like meself, PM & KevinCronin, Alex Neil's judgement has been vindicated so far. 

When MON eventually, and 2 or 3 months too late, called him up, and actually had a look at him, as opposed to naming, then dropping him before having a proper look, from his giant pre squad squads, he was impressed enough to put him ahead of the much heralded (by some) great hype Hogan, and he knocked one of the top championship scorers this season, McGoldrick, out of the squad completely for 2 vital games. By any measure or means, that's pretty serious progress for a fella that some lads judged to be 10th or some such rubbish in some imagined striker list, and some went as far as saying he would never play for us. 

David Forde, as much as the West of Ireland lads love him, was never anything approaching a top class international keeper, tis a void comparison as far as I'm concerned, and again, I (and fellas like Blueman, who know a thing or 2 about keepers) predicted his demise long before it actually happened, his kicking, and positional sense, especially to his left hand side, were always major causes for concern.

I'm going to continue gloating if tis all the same, and I'll tell you why, you can watch LOI Div 1 for as long as you like, but if you spot a fella who you think will play for Ireland any time in the next 5 years, be sure & let me know, because in the last 7 years of doing the same, there is only one player I have seen & ever said that about, and he came on V Moldova last Friday for 10 minutes. 

Imagine if Maguire played 20 odd games for us and got a single goal, wouldn't that be awful all the same, sure obviously he should never play for us again were that to occur. Long V Denmark/Croatia/Italy/Switz ??? Sound, aye. 

Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2017 at 5:53am
I just hope Seanie keeps his head down not get taken in with all the hype and see where it gets him .
Still has a lot to prove at the highest level ( Championship ) but at the moment he is going in the right direction .
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
deise316 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deise316 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2017 at 6:04am
Originally posted by Claret Murph Claret Murph wrote:

I just hope Seanie keeps his head down not get taken in with all the hype and see where it gets him .
Still has a lot to prove at the highest level ( Championship ) but at the moment he is going in the right direction .

I'd have no fear at all for him here Murph, he has had 3 solid years (pre Cork) of nothing but setbacks, and admitted himself he thought of packing in the game entirely. The fact he didn't, and has now made it to a respectable level (even if he never improves a jot) after all that tells something of his mental strength, he isn't the first to harbour that kind of self doubt, and truth is, it finished more talented players than him. The fact it didn't finish him tells something about his character that I think can only be good for us in the future. 

Hogan likewise, hopefully, he gets going for club & country soon, but after overcoming 2 serious injuries as a young man,to regain form & get a big money move, he too is unlikely to forget his struggles and how easily it could have all been taken away from him, I think the both are, and will remain, pretty grounded individuals. 

Saint Tom View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saint Tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2017 at 9:45am
Originally posted by The O'Shea The O'Shea wrote:

Originally posted by deise316 deise316 wrote:

Once again you're talking sh*te, nothing said was untrue AT THE TIME. Maguire did not deserve to be in an Ireland squad at that time any more than James McClean did when he was at Derry, Kevin Doyle did when he was at Cork, Seamus Coleman did when he was at Sligo etc. etc. Just because someone isnt worthy of a call-up at a particular time doesn't mean they never will be, and I never said Maguire wouldn't be.   However 10 months ago or whenever that was posted (it's a little sad you seem to have saved them to drag out at some future date....) Maguire was well down the pecking order.

And how about 2 weeks ago, when you claimed Hogan & McGoldrick were ahead of him ?? LOL

And there is something untrue in your post, you claimed there was ''<span style="line-height: 16.8px;">nothing whatsoever to suggest he's better than what we already have'' -this, having watched him for a season all of 5 years ago, was mainly what I disagreed with, it wasn't true then, it isn't true now. He is a different type of striker to anything we have, and very much an in the box finisher, and has an awareness of others to his game that Long, for example, simply doesn't, and never will have. Sure some other idiot (not you) said he hasn't an aerial presence, while he isn't the tallest, no Daryl Murphy, but he gets a decent amount of goals with his head for a fella his size, and challenges for all aerial ball regardless. </span>
<span style="line-height: 16.8px;">
</span>
<span style="line-height: 16.8px;">Difference is now he is playing every week, scoring an odd week, and proving it. Not proving it to to me, or lads who watched him for Cork, like PM or KevinCronin, this was pretty obvious had you actually seen him play, which you clearly hadn't, at least not that much, and neither had MON at the time of your post. You can dress it up whatever way you like, but basically I said back in March that he was closer to the Irish team than most realised, you and others disagreed, but I have been proven correct by events (not just imagined pecking order lists) since. If that is talking sh*te, so be it. </span>
</span>
<span style="line-height: 16.8px;">I honestly thought all he needed was a bit of a chance, and by that I mean an actual physical appearance in a squad, and MON would take to him after seeing him at closer quarters. That's why I was annoyed he wasn't in squad at end of season or V Mexico. Again, I'm not too far wrong here, as whatever he did in training in a few days put him ahead of Hogan, and took McGoldrick out of the squad completely, 2 players who were ahead of him according to yourself, only 2 weeks ago, and as regards McGoldrick, something you said in black & white you didn't think would happen (Maguire replacing him in squad).</span>
</span>
</span>

</span>
</span>
</span>

</span>
</span>

McGoldrick has scored more goals than Maguire this year, so he's legitimately ahead of him. And I didn't say Hogan was ahead of him i7n my estimation, I was referencing who I thought MON would pick, which is something he had said himself- "I've seen more of Hogan, so I'd be in a better position to judge him at the moment".
you do realise that maguire has scored thirty plus league goals this year?
My destination inchicore my next stop being kilmainham
Where patriots and super saints are the topics of conversation
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2017 at 11:18am

Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

Maguire has not been given a chance yet.  He may flop at international level, and he may also fall off the map at Preston.  You don't know how it will pan out anymore than I do.  David Forde did not stand out at LOI level.  In fact I know lads who played with him at galway and said never in a million years could they have seen him play for Ireland. They didn't think he's even go to England.

Unreal to see lads gloating. He still has a lot top prove and he has a good chance of delivering. But he still prove to be a flash in the pan.

He impressed Simon Grayson, who bought him from Cork. He then sufficiently impressed a new manager, Alex Neil, who didn't buy him, but thought enough of him to throw him into the first team straight away, after a few training sessions and a few pre season games. A bit like meself, PM & KevinCronin, Alex Neil's judgement has been vindicated so far. 

When MON eventually, and 2 or 3 months too late, called him up, and actually had a look at him, as opposed to naming, then dropping him before having a proper look, from his giant pre squad squads, he was impressed enough to put him ahead of the much heralded (by some) great hype Hogan, and he knocked one of the top championship scorers this season, McGoldrick, out of the squad completely for 2 vital games. By any measure or means, that's pretty serious progress for a fella that some lads judged to be 10th or some such rubbish in some imagined striker list, and some went as far as saying he would never play for us. 

David Forde, as much as the West of Ireland lads love him, was never anything approaching a top class international keeper, tis a void comparison as far as I'm concerned, and again, I (and fellas like Blueman, who know a thing or 2 about keepers) predicted his demise long before it actually happened, his kicking, and positional sense, especially to his left hand side, were always major causes for concern.

I'm going to continue gloating if tis all the same, and I'll tell you why, you can watch LOI Div 1 for as long as you like, but if you spot a fella who you think will play for Ireland any time in the next 5 years, be sure & let me know, because in the last 7 years of doing the same, there is only one player I have seen & ever said that about, and he came on V Moldova last Friday for 10 minutes. 

Imagine if Maguire played 20 odd games for us and got a single goal, wouldn't that be awful all the same, sure obviously he should never play for us again were that to occur. Long V Denmark/Croatia/Italy/Switz ??? Sound, aye. 

Look at my quote. I never said he wasn't good enough. I said he wasn't ready and that was back in June. That's a major distinction.   I stand by that because I think a player needs to prove himself at a higher standard of LOI level to be considered to start for Ireland. At the time he was banging in goals for Cork.  He had come back from England and was disposed of at Dundalk. His situation was similar to Richie Towell who had also been int he UK and not made it only to return to a fantastic Dundalk team  and was banging in the goals himself two seasons ago.  Like Maguire now, there were calls for Towell to play for Ireland. Like Maguire a few months ago he too made his way back over to England. He seems to have stagnated and is licking his wounds at Rotherham.  The calls for his inclusion with Ireland are silent.  Lets see how Maguire does for a while longer before announcing him as a the next big thing.  The signs are encouraging right now, but that might not be the case a year from now.  I am a fan of his and hope it works out.  But MON royally f**ked up by not playing him in the friendlies in the summer.

As for Forde, you say he was never top class international keeper.  By that comparison you seem to be insinuating that Maguire is top class international material.  He has a long way to go before that label can be thrust upon him.  And who said you had to be top class to play for Ireland? The formula to play for Ireland is play decently at championship for a while or Premier League level and you're in the squad. My point is Forde proved himself and did well in he Championship and the lads who played with him never saw him making it as a pro footballer in the UK.   He then went on to play well and indeed very well for Ireland.  Who would have thought?

Edited by Trap junior - 15 Oct 2017 at 11:22am
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Maccatacca View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maccatacca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2017 at 11:20am
Our most exciting striking prospect since Robbie Keane. Not only can he finish, but his movement and knack of popping up in the box is superb.

The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2017 at 11:45am
Originally posted by Saint Tom Saint Tom wrote:

Once again you're talking sh*te, nothing said was untrue AT THE TIME. Maguire did not deserve to be in an Ireland squad at that time any more than James McClean did when he was at Derry, Kevin Doyle did when he was at Cork, Seamus Coleman did when he was at Sligo etc. etc. Just because someone isnt worthy of a call-up at a particular time doesn't mean they never will be, and I never said Maguire wouldn't be.   However 10 months ago or whenever that was posted (it's a little sad you seem to have saved them to drag out at some future date....) Maguire was well down the pecking order.

And how about 2 weeks ago, when you claimed Hogan & McGoldrick were ahead of him ?? LOL

And there is something untrue in your post, you claimed there was ''<span style="line-height: 16.8px;">nothing whatsoever to suggest he's better than what we already have'' -this, having watched him for a season all of 5 years ago, was mainly what I disagreed with, it wasn't true then, it isn't true now. He is a different type of striker to anything we have, and very much an in the box finisher, and has an awareness of others to his game that Long, for example, simply doesn't, and never will have. Sure some other idiot (not you) said he hasn't an aerial presence, while he isn't the tallest, no Daryl Murphy, but he gets a decent amount of goals with his head for a fella his size, and challenges for all aerial ball regardless. </span>
</span>
<span style="line-height: 16.8px;">Difference is now he is playing every week, scoring an odd week, and proving it. Not proving it to to me, or lads who watched him for Cork, like PM or KevinCronin, this was pretty obvious had you actually seen him play, which you clearly hadn't, at least not that much, and neither had MON at the time of your post. You can dress it up whatever way you like, but basically I said back in March that he was closer to the Irish team than most realised, you and others disagreed, but I have been proven correct by events (not just imagined pecking order lists) since. If that is talking sh*te, so be it. </span>
</span>
<span style="line-height: 16.8px;">I honestly thought all he needed was a bit of a chance, and by that I mean an actual physical appearance in a squad, and MON would take to him after seeing him at closer quarters. That's why I was annoyed he wasn't in squad at end of season or V Mexico. Again, I'm not too far wrong here, as whatever he did in training in a few days put him ahead of Hogan, and took McGoldrick out of the squad completely, 2 players who were ahead of him according to yourself, only 2 weeks ago, and as regards McGoldrick, something you said in black & white you didn't think would happen (Maguire replacing him in squad).</span>
</span>
</span>

</span>
</span>
</span>

</span>
</span>

McGoldrick has scored more goals than Maguire this year, so he's legitimately ahead of him. And I didn't say Hogan was ahead of him i7n my estimation, I was referencing who I thought MON would pick, which is something he had said himself- "I've seen more of Hogan, so I'd be in a better position to judge him at the moment".

He has scored 3 Championship goals so far this season, Mcgoldrick has 4. He scored 20 goals in the LOI for Cork, so I'm not sure where you've pulled "30 goals" out of...
We're decent enough..
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2017 at 12:23pm

</span>
</span>
</span>
</span>

</span>
</span>
</span>

</span>
</span>

He has scored 3 Championship goals so far this season, Mcgoldrick has 4. He scored 20 goals in the LOI for Cork, so I'm not sure where you've pulled "30 goals" out of...

Plus his European goals......27
I’m sure there’s a few more too
TioPepe View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TioPepe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2017 at 12:53pm

Resign. 

I couldn't give a f**k who you are! Not gonna check your IP either. The poster sbyrne was banned by me, not for "claiming his Scottish heritage" as you put it, but for trolling Irish fans on an Irish fans' forum by celebrating Scotland's goal against Slovenia, a goal that put our world cup hopes in doubts. It was inflammatory. People complained. I banned him, in accordance with rule number six of this forum.

I could ban you too, for calling me an idiot, which is personal abuse, and breaks rule number one of the forum. But you catch me in a charitable mood. Still buzzing after Monday's win. So I'm not going to ban you. But call me an idiot or sunshine or anything again and you're gone Thumbs Up

LOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOL yet you don't ban others who attacked me by comparing me to the poster in question. That's personal abuse Sir. 
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2017 at 4:06pm
Originally posted by 9fingers 9fingers wrote:

</span>
</span>
</span>
</span>

</span>
</span>
</span>

</span>
</span>

Plus his European goals......27
I’m sure there’s a few more too

LEAGUE goals.
We're decent enough..
amccarten313 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amccarten313 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2017 at 4:12pm

Originally posted by wrestler313 wrestler313 wrote:

Love Trap- but I think our defence could be so much stronger if we had O'Shea partnering Dunne in the middle with Coleman on the right 

Coleman doesn't really play full back so why would you put him in there
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2728293031 53>
  Share Topic