You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Sean St Ledger

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 8>
Author
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vivakenbarlow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2009 at 9:31am
Sure left back aint Kilbanes position either- he was a left winger then when his legs went he stepped back into defence
It took City 44 years to win the league and 10 months to lose it
Sponsored Links

Donal Cullen View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donal Cullen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2009 at 9:44am
Okay. lads, not to get too carried away. I do hope we have found another decent centre half but two games is not a great amount to jodge. Give him a few more and we'll see. I say this because I remember when Alan Kernaghan first came into the side and he was given some praise like this and we all know what happened. I do so St. Ledger emerges as a brilliant Centre Half for us and if he does he'll be cover for Dunne or O'Shea. I think Dunne and O'Shea are doing brilliantly and would be my prefared partnership but with O'Shea such a versatile player Trappa now has options if St. Ledger continues his great form.
There are friendlier places to drink.
billybob View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote billybob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2009 at 9:49am
Exaclty Donal...sure remember McShane against the Czechs a few years back - he was immense!!! Look at him now.
Promising start but lets not get carried away - as we tend to do.
Couldn't pour water out of a boot with instructions on the heel
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2009 at 9:54am
Shoot me if im wrong but i think Saint is the real deal.
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Honey Monster View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Semi-Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Honey Monster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2009 at 9:57am

Hard to judge St Ledger, Still very early. But so far extremely good.

billybob View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote billybob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2009 at 10:05am
Originally posted by McGoldrick2284 McGoldrick2284 wrote:

PNE though?
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2009 at 10:06am
Maybe dunne made him look better than he was???
The Count View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Count Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2009 at 10:09am
Originally posted by BigStrongMan BigStrongMan wrote:

Maybe dunne made him look better than he was???

Originally posted by The Count The Count wrote:

quality first proper cap, solid performance, but having Dunne beside you would make even me look great! (remember BabbEmbarrassed)

Fair fooks to the lad, great start to his international career this weekClap

BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2009 at 10:11am
same hymnsheet countThumbs%20Up
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2009 at 10:14am
Originally posted by billybob billybob wrote:

Originally posted by McGoldrick2284 McGoldrick2284 wrote:

PNE though?

Dont think he'll be there for long.

St Ledger, tipped as the future Preston captain continued with his good performances for Preston and swept the board at the Player of the Year awards 2007–08, winning seven player of the year awards in recognition of yet another outstanding season at Deepdale.

AS YOU WERE McGx

Vivakenbarlow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vivakenbarlow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2009 at 10:14am
Strong in the air and likes a tackle- needs to be playing in the premiership though- very early days- good start though
It took City 44 years to win the league and 10 months to lose it
BabbsBalls View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BabbsBalls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2009 at 10:40am
He has been at Preston for years now . After the week he has had he must realise now is the time for him to step his career up a notch and move on . .

Has been a good find . Keep it up Ledge

l hear you are a racist now, father ?
The Count View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Count Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2009 at 4:55pm
Just looking at the goal again there and I think St Ledger should have attacked  the header himself....... I know Kilbane called for it but its up to SSL to make the decision when its coming directly towards him and he made the wrong choiceI think.....
billybob View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote billybob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2009 at 3:52am
Originally posted by The Count The Count wrote:

Just looking at the goal again there and I think St Ledger should have attacked  the header himself....... I know Kilbane called for it but its up to SSL to make the decision when its coming directly towards him and he made the wrong choiceI think.....

I kind of agree yeah. From playing the game yourself, you try and put yourself into their shoes.

The ball dropped into the Centre half position and the ball should never bounce. Ok Killer gave him a shout but sometimes you have to ignore them and go woth your instinct! Anyway, wtf Killer was doing making that run is beyond me.
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2009 at 3:53am
Lads you're gonna listen to Killer on your competitive debut!! I love Killer but he was at fault and has held his hand up. No fault of St Ledgers imo.
AS YOU WERE McGx

Discopants View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Discopants Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2009 at 5:05am
It was 100% Killers fault, he called it and he was behind Sledge. Anyone knows from playing football if one of your team mates calls it first then you leave it, especially when the ball is dropping out of the air like that
The Count View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Count Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2009 at 7:08am
Originally posted by Discopants Discopants wrote:

It was 100% Killers fault, he called it and he was behind Sledge. Anyone knows from playing football if one of your team mates calls it first then you leave it, especially when the ball is dropping out of the air like that

Not necessarily if you're a centre half
billybob View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote billybob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2009 at 7:13am
Originally posted by Discopants Discopants wrote:

ConfusedConfusedConfusedConfused
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 8>
  Share Topic