Sean St Ledger

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 8>

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatherjoxer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2009 at 1:28pm
Originally posted by Chopper Chopper wrote:

Are there any clubs intrested in this player? He seems to be playing well, and doesnt look out of place at internation level.  

Could see him going to Everton, easpecially with the Preston Everton link with Moyes & Irvine

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zizu Kilbane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2009 at 1:37pm
Thought he was excellent yesterday. Randomly how does he qualify for us?
Billy O'Toole View Drop Down
Official forum mess

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Billy O'Toole Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2009 at 2:46pm
fair play did very well . Thought kilbane showed him up a bit for the goal which was a shame . Overall good performance
Ybig holy jaysus - 4 points for Gerk & Count
bmorgan87 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bmorgan87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2009 at 2:49pm
i think if we get finnan back soon we could stick oshea on the left..
and have a defense..

finnan---dunne--st.ledger---oshea

i think kilbane is an important player for us but i always prefered him in midfield.. he usta be great and knockin the ball dwn the line and beatin his man.. maybe he aint as fast as he used to be but is a player who could slot into near any position on the pitch..

Discopants View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Discopants Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2009 at 3:17pm
Was watching The Hub on Setanta there and Emmet Malone from The Irish Times said Kilbane admitted that it was 100% his fault and that he called for the ball.

I thought Sledge had a very good game considering the atmosphere was hostile to say the least and it was only his 2nd international start. Kilbane has been a great servant for Irish football but I think I'd be more comfortable now if we kept Sledge there and moved O'Shea to left full. I'm hoping he gets picked up by a premier club where he'd have a good chance of nailing down a first team slot, somebody like Sunderland or Wigan would be ideal

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vivakenbarlow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2009 at 5:09pm
It was a big risk playin st ledger but it paid off- he didnt put a foot wrong along side the collosal dunne- Kilbane is the reason we didnt get 6 points from Bulgaria- his two elementary errors against Bulgaria are unforgiveable and have cost us automatic qualification

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Count Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2009 at 5:13pm

It was a big risk playin st ledger but it paid off- he didnt put a foot wrong along side the collosal dunne- Kilbane is the reason we didnt get 6 points from Bulgaria- his two elementary errors against Bulgaria are unforgiveable and have cost us automatic qualification

Thats bollocks barlow, players make mistakes...... what about strikers missing chances to win games? cant single out one player Thumbs%20Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2009 at 5:14pm

stupid comment - he hasnt cost us 4 points by himself..if we didnt concede from his mistakes we prob would have conceded at a later stage in the game - we had our backs to the wall in both games and it was only a matter of time before they scored..

his mistakes were poor and once finnan is back id drop killer too..but he hasnt single handedly cost us points -

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vivakenbarlow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2009 at 5:26pm
How is it a stupid comment? Would we have won one nil in Dublin if Kilbane hadnt scored an og? Of course we would have- backs to the wall or not he is an accident waiting to happen- He isnt intenational quality- his legs are gone- The Bulgarians had no really clear cut chances after Kilbane made that f**k up last night- end of

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2009 at 5:30pm
it is a stupid comment..he didnt single handedly cost us automatic qualification..thats a ridiculous statement to make..11 players on the pitch each game..

but as i said above i would change it around at the back when finnan comes back and drop killer cause i dont think he's had a great campaign..still a legend of a man though

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vivakenbarlow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2009 at 5:34pm
Dont get me wrong Kilbane has been a great servant for Ireland - spoke to him at the wc in Japan and he is a sound bloke- should have put Duffer at left back where he has done a good job for the toon- Killer was getting skinned all night- Great result but both results could have been so much better- Sure he admitted himself the goal was 100% his fault

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Count Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2009 at 5:39pm

Dont get me wrong Kilbane has been a great servant for Ireland - spoke to him at the wc in Japan and he is a sound bloke- should have put Duffer at left back where he has done a good job for the toon- Killer was getting skinned all night- Great result but both results could have been so much better- Sure he admitted himself the goal was 100% his fault

The goal was his fault alright, but the result isnt down to him alone!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vivakenbarlow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2009 at 5:42pm
Dunne st ledger and O Shea were flawless at the back- they were international standard- Kilbane clearly isnt anymore- two school boy errors have really cost us
Skipper View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skipper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2009 at 7:02pm
The lad done good...... he should start v italy have oshea take killers place.
Stephen Irelands Superman Jocks!!
oreilly21 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oreilly21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2009 at 8:38am
Originally posted by gazsh gazsh wrote:

stupid comment - he hasnt cost us 4 points by himself..if we didnt concede from his mistakes we prob would have conceded at a later stage in the game - we had our backs to the wall in both games and it was only a matter of time before they scored..

his mistakes were poor and once finnan is back id drop killer too..but he hasnt single handedly cost us points -

thats rubbish, we would have conceded in both matches regardless. kilbane made individual errors but you have to look at the overall picture of both games.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2009 at 8:40am
Ledger wasnt blameless 4 goal either,not all killers fault
packiesglove View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote packiesglove Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2009 at 9:06am

The goal was his fault alright, but the result isnt down to him alone!

ConfusedConfusedConfused damien duff is not a left back, certainly not for us. he can play there for mary poppins  if thats what the toon want, but we need him in his rightful position...........

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2009 at 9:11am
not ALL his fault,no communication between them
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 8>