You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

SĂ©amus Coleman

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 196197198199200 230>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donegalman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2020 at 2:14pm
Originally posted by Mr Brick Mr Brick wrote:

Originally posted by Devrozex Devrozex wrote:

Yeah going by those ratings the only players who got above a 6 got either an assist or a goal - and the young English lad gets the highest score of all. Wouldn't take too much notice of Sky ratings in general. At least with the local outlets you know the journo has at least watched the game.

Most posters here judge through emerald-tinted filters (although one or two are glad-wrapped in 40 shades of green). 

Yes, Coleman getting 6 looks underwhelming but in the Brighton v Man Utd game Connolly was talked up here by some ("a bright spot" said You Tell Me). Duffy got similar parochial treatment.

But Brighton fans were less enthusiastic. Both got 4, with one fan accusing Connolly of missing two half-chances and another describing his performance as "dogs*t". Some lamented Duffy's deficiencies at ground level and also blamed him for Maguire's goal. 
Are you really taking someone who describes a performance as dogsh*t seriously to back up your point?LOLLOL
Sponsored Links

The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2020 at 2:34pm

The O'Shea: 

You're quite wrong. I give an honest opinion and fully accept others will differ. I wish Aaron the very best and would be delighted should he become an EPL success. I just don't think it will happen. And I did not suggest Duffy was at fault - I used the comment to highlight how opinion can vary when coming from different perspectives. 

Yes, except your opinion doesn't seem to be based on any sort of substance. It seems that after scoring a brace against Spurs, as soon as he failed to score in the next 2/3 matches you magically decided he wasn't good enough. Answer me this, how many strikers break through in the EPL as 19 year olds and play as often in their first season as Connolly has this term, and still fail to have at least decent top flight careers? Not many is the answer. There are lots of young players who make an appearance or two and then fall down through the divisions, but it's rare that a young player will appear as consistently as Connolly has over the course of a season and then disappear into obscurity.
We're decent enough..
Donegalman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donegalman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2020 at 4:02pm

Originally posted by Donegalman Donegalman wrote:

Originally posted by Devrozex Devrozex wrote:

Yeah going by those ratings the only players who got above a 6 got either an assist or a goal - and the young English lad gets the highest score of all. Wouldn't take too much notice of Sky ratings in general. At least with the local outlets you know the journo has at least watched the game.

Most posters here judge through emerald-tinted filters (although one or two are glad-wrapped in 40 shades of green). 

Yes, Coleman getting 6 looks underwhelming but in the Brighton v Man Utd game Connolly was talked up here by some ("a bright spot" said You Tell Me). Duffy got similar parochial treatment.

But Brighton fans were less enthusiastic. Both got 4, with one fan accusing Connolly of missing two half-chances and another describing his performance as "dogs*t". Some lamented Duffy's deficiencies at ground level and also blamed him for Maguire's goal. 
Are you really taking someone who describes a performance as dogsh*t seriously to back up your point?LOLLOL
You, of course, are revolted by such vile language. Plenty of it on football forums, maybe even on our own beloved YBIG. Maybe even in Donegal. God between us and all harm.
When did I mention that I was revolted by it? I was saying that anyone who uses the word dogsh*t when describing a footballer is either no more than 10 years old or hasn’t a clue so it wouldn’t be the best point to use in an argument as you did. Your username is very well chosen Mr. Brick because other forum members would be as well off talking to a wall.
Conan View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan
I’m not very bright.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Conan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2020 at 5:15pm
I think Whoscored is good for for unbiased statistical analysis. Coleman got a 7.2 for his performance, joint fifth best in the team, which seems a fair measure of his performance from what I saw. Richarlison the top player on the pitch, which he clearly enough was.
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2020 at 2:57pm
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2020 at 4:04pm
Originally posted by Hotlips_Hoolahan Hotlips_Hoolahan wrote:

https://twitter.com/irish_pics/status/1307780810607652864?s=21

Magnificent stuff I’d say Coleman is wondering why the f**k someone like Ancelotti wasn’t brought into manage 3/4 years ago. Probably relishing the bit of ambition
E2016 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote E2016 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2020 at 4:37pm
Seamus was very poor in the opening 30 minutes vs West Brom, but improved a lot as the game went on and had a very good second half. Wasnt under much threat though after the red card.

Dots1982 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dots1982 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2020 at 5:26pm
Originally posted by E2016 E2016 wrote:

Seamus was very poor in the opening 30 minutes vs West Brom, but improved a lot as the game went on and had a very good second half. Wasnt under much threat though after the red card.

Very poor? Really? Maybe if your judging by the standards of Paolo Maldini. He had a mixed beginning and then in the 31st minute he ran into the box to setup a goal.

Edited by Dots1982 - 21 Sep 2020 at 5:29pm
E2016 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote E2016 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2020 at 6:20pm
Originally posted by Dots1982 Dots1982 wrote:

Very poor? Really? Maybe if your judging by the standards of Paolo Maldini. He had a mixed beginning and then in the 31st minute he ran into the box to setup a goal.

His flank was frequently exploited and he was negative and ponderous in possession. Very poor.
Dots1982 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dots1982 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2020 at 6:31pm

His flank was frequently exploited and he was negative and ponderous in possession. Very poor.

Diagana got the better of him once which made it even on 1 vs 1. I don’t remember him losing the ball either through being dispossessed or giving it away on a short pass. The ball was down his wing a lot but I’m not sure if he was being “exploited” or diagana just likes to play off the left.

What did others think of his performance in the opening 30?

I would say Pickford & Mina were struggling.

I would only use very poor to describe a performance when he was a clear liability and he was no where near that. That’s just me. I don’t go in for exaggeration.
Liam Green View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Liam Green Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2020 at 6:33pm

There’s no way you could describe him as very poor in that game. Surprisingly Seamus is continuing to looK like he is getting back to close to his best. Definitely has got some pace back
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2020 at 6:52pm

That'll be the case for the season as long as James is playing in front of him.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2020 at 3:53pm
Everton in talks to sign Atletico Madrid right back, Santiago Arias, according to AM's sporting director.
hulkhogan View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hulkhogan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2020 at 3:56pm
Playing fantastic today. Great play with James and an assist for Everton's first
Whacha gonna do
Drumcondra 69er View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drumcondra 69er Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2020 at 9:36pm
Ancelotti giving high praise.

'He is up there with Maldini' - Everton boss Ancelotti says Seamus Coleman is one of the best captains he has worked with

Blog: A False First XI
Twitter: @afalsefirstxi
Facebook: A False First XI
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2020 at 10:48pm
I'd persist with Doherty myself if I had to choose one or the other but it's a tough call and I'd trust whichever one Kenny decides to go with.

I'm delighted for him either way after the injury and the dogs abuse he got from Everton fans when he had a lull in form.
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2020 at 10:59pm
I was one of the voices for Doherty to be given a chance. But on current form Coleman should regain his place. Hes started the season really well while Doherty has yet to get going. Simple as that really IMO
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2020 at 12:23am
Doherty came into the season undercooked as he was only back from.holidags and then started two games for Ireland..  kenny probably should have went with Doherty in one and Coleman in the other.   Thst way he would get a lookat them both in the same way he did with the midfield.   

coleman would protect Duffy a bit more than Doherty does  
AKA pedantic kunt
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 196197198199200 230>
  Share Topic