You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Séamus Coleman

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 195196197198199 230>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Cockade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2020 at 6:15pm
He was the best in the league in his position before the big injury and he was outstanding yesterday. I can't recall Mane being kept as ineffective in many a long day. SK has to find a way to play both him and Doherty-should be two of the first names on the team sheet. Mick didn't want to, maybe miffed at Matt breaking omerta on the previous regime contrary to his old school values, but it has to be done now.
Sponsored Links

FrankosHereNow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2020 at 6:33pm
Originally posted by The O'Shea The O'Shea wrote:

Originally posted by FrankosHereNow FrankosHereNow wrote:

I watched the game yesterday. I can’t remember Coleman particularly standing out. I saw he got MOTM. Maybe that’s more an indication of how sh*te a game it was. 

You've no appreciation of defensive brilliance so. I honestly cannot remember the last time I've seen Mane so utterly dominated. He was top notch, and most surprisingly he actually looked have to have a lot of his pace back, having often looked a little sluggish since his injury.
I guess I’m just stupid.
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
Dots1982 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dots1982 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2020 at 6:59pm
coleman’s best feature was his tirelessly overlapping down the wing. If you think he’s finished just drop him but playing him in a back three is just a foolish idea. It’s not what his skill set would suit.
Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2020 at 7:18pm
It could well be a case of "horses for courses" so you could potentially see Doherty and Coleman starting 4 or 5 games each in the next campaign, with a 4-3-3 coming into play suiting Coleman and a 3-5-2 suiting Doherty depending on the team we're facing.

Stephen Kenny will no doubt have 2 or possibly 3 formations that he will stick with and trust, switching it up depending on the opposition (with players being coached on how to play said formation) unlike those who were in the hot-seat before him.

I hope he starts picking our form players at a club level, when factoring in who starts for us. I'm absolutely sick of seeing the same plodders being selected because "they've never let their country down because they show up". 

Edited by Green Devil - 22 Jun 2020 at 7:20pm
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2020 at 7:19pm

Originally posted by The O'Shea The O'Shea wrote:

I watched the game yesterday. I can’t remember Coleman particularly standing out. I saw he got MOTM. Maybe that’s more an indication of how sh*te a game it was. 

You've no appreciation of defensive brilliance so. I honestly cannot remember the last time I've seen Mane so utterly dominated. He was top notch, and most surprisingly he actually looked have to have a lot of his pace back, having often looked a little sluggish since his injury.
I guess I’m just stupid.

LOL
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2020 at 7:28pm
Coleman had a good game yesterday. The extended break may have done him a world of good. My only caveat is to see how he performs for the remainder of the season as teams get up to match speed. Having read his comments about players playing for their future at Everton, my sense of it is that he had himself in great physical condition ahead of the game which gave him an edge. I don't think he would have been able to recover so quickly and make up 5 yards on Mane if he wasn't at near peak fitness. Still it was good to see him do well.
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
Donegalman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donegalman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2020 at 10:01pm
Anyone watch the Everton game? How did he play? Another clean sheet and 90 minutes anyway.
Devrozex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devrozex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2020 at 9:36am
Originally posted by Donegalman Donegalman wrote:

Anyone watch the Everton game? How did he play? Another clean sheet and 90 minutes anyway.

Seamus Coleman - 7

Everton's man-of-the-match against Liverpool continued that form to this game at Carrow Road, making a few important defensive contributions in the first half in particular. He's been crucial to two clean sheets in a row now.

Green Cockade View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Cockade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2020 at 10:37am
I only saw the first half of the game but would agree with this assessment. Looking back to his best.

Edited by Green Cockade - 25 Jun 2020 at 10:37am
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2020 at 7:37pm
just tuned in. How’s he done?
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

King_Kenny View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote King_Kenny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2020 at 10:49pm
Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

Irish Cafu on Twitter !
Devrozex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devrozex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2020 at 9:31am
Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

Seamus Coleman - 8

Everton's club captain is in fantastic form following his side's return to the Premier League and this match was no different. His defensive contributions were consistently excellent throughout even in periods of increased Leicester pressure.

djhegzy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djhegzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2020 at 9:52am
sky didnt seem to rate him:

Player ratings

Everton: Pickford (5), Coleman (6), Keane (6), Holgate (6), Digne (7), Iwobi (5), Gomes (6), Sigurdsson (7), Gordon (8), Calvert-Lewin (6), Richarlison (7).

kevincronin2000 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Cork Airport Dogging Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevincronin2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2020 at 10:50am
Originally posted by djhegzy djhegzy wrote:

sky didnt seem to rate him:

Player ratings

Everton: Pickford (5), Coleman (6), Keane (6), Holgate (6), Digne (7), Iwobi (5), Gomes (6), Sigurdsson (7), Gordon (8), Calvert-Lewin (6), Richarlison (7).

Going by those ratings you would wonder how they won the game at all. 
time is the stuff that life is made of, don't waste it.
Devrozex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devrozex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2020 at 10:53am
Yeah going by those ratings the only players who got above a 6 got either an assist or a goal - and the young English lad gets the highest score of all. Wouldn't take too much notice of Sky ratings in general. At least with the local outlets you know the journo has at least watched the game.
Mr. Snrub View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr. Snrub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2020 at 12:46pm
Those Sky ratings are bizarre considering Michael Keane was given MOTM by the same broadcaster. Perhaps it was Gary Neville who awarded the honour?
"Here's Robbie Keane...... yeeeessss! That is no more than Ireland deserve!"
Mr. Snrub View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr. Snrub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2020 at 12:49pm
Originally posted by Mr Brick Mr Brick wrote:

Originally posted by Devrozex Devrozex wrote:

Yeah going by those ratings the only players who got above a 6 got either an assist or a goal - and the young English lad gets the highest score of all. Wouldn't take too much notice of Sky ratings in general. At least with the local outlets you know the journo has at least watched the game.

Most posters here judge through emerald-tinted filters (although one or two are glad-wrapped in 40 shades of green). 

Yes, Coleman getting 6 looks underwhelming but in the Brighton v Man Utd game Connolly was talked up here by some ("a bright spot" said You Tell Me). Duffy got similar parochial treatment.

But Brighton fans were less enthusiastic. Both got 4, with one fan accusing Connolly of missing two half-chances and another describing his performance as "dogs*t". Some lamented Duffy's deficiencies at ground level and also blamed him for Maguire's goal. 

It's all a matter of opinion. Personally I thought Connolly handled himself well and was living off nothing but scraps. He put himself about and forced a fine save from De Gea. Duffy wasn't at fault for any goal, especially Maguire's who didn't score the other night LOL

Edited by Mr. Snrub - 02 Jul 2020 at 12:49pm
"Here's Robbie Keane...... yeeeessss! That is no more than Ireland deserve!"
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2020 at 12:55pm
Originally posted by Mr Brick Mr Brick wrote:

Originally posted by Devrozex Devrozex wrote:

Most posters here judge through emerald-tinted filters (although one or two are glad-wrapped in 40 shades of green). 

Yes, Coleman getting 6 looks underwhelming but in the Brighton v Man Utd game Connolly was talked up here by some ("a bright spot" said You Tell Me). Duffy got similar parochial treatment.

But Brighton fans were less enthusiastic. Both got 4, with one fan accusing Connolly of missing two half-chances and another describing his performance as "dogs*t". Some lamented Duffy's deficiencies at ground level and also blamed him for Maguire's goal. 

Duffy wasn't at fault for any of the goals, not even remotely. Your dislike of Connolly is baffling, a kid doing really well in his first season in the Premier League, yet you've been writing him off since January as someone who'll never be more than a Championship player.

Anyway, back to Coleman; he had a solid game last night, continuing his good form.
We're decent enough..
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 195196197198199 230>
  Share Topic