You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

SĂ©amus Coleman

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 189190191192193 230>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fochie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2019 at 10:59am
Originally posted by mandrake mandrake wrote:

he tried to nutmeg a swiss player to bring the ball back, the handball was just a last ditch desperate defending , it can happen ... 

How many times in the first half did he lose posession by hitting nothing balls back to his opposite number?Running the Bollox out of your front men on a pitch in that state is not good enough at this level.
Himself and McClean are Irelands worst culprits at it.Pathetic.
Sponsored Links

Citizen View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Citizen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2019 at 1:12pm
poor game, and getting a lot of flak. But Doherty has been utter poison every time he has played for Ireland. You won’t get the best out of any attacking full back if the midfield are not there to link up. 
My Views are my own and do not in any way represent this site.

'The FAI are the dysfunctional body that other dysfunctional bodies call Galacticos' - Declan Lynch (Sunday Indo)
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2019 at 1:16pm
Originally posted by Citizen Citizen wrote:

poor game, and getting a lot of flak. But Doherty has been utter poison every time he has played for Ireland. You won’t get the best out of any attacking full back if the midfield are not there to link up. 

Doherty deserves the 50+ caps that mcclean, whelan, hendrick and coleman have to really prove that he's terrible.

So far hes only been terrible is 2ish games 
amccarten313 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amccarten313 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2019 at 2:22pm

I mean he has 8 caps with a total of 404 mins (50.5 mins average). 4 of those caps are off the bench. This campaign he’s started twice; at right midfield on a crap pitch in gib, and at left back during a terrible team performance with a horrific Mcclean in front of him. I think it’s fair to say he hasn’t really had a proper chance to prove himself at right back or RWB
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2019 at 4:01pm
Originally posted by amccarten313 amccarten313 wrote:

I mean he has 8 caps with a total of 404 mins (50.5 mins average). 4 of those caps are off the bench. This campaign he’s started twice; at right midfield on a crap pitch in gib, and at left back during a terrible team performance with a horrific Mcclean in front of him. I think it’s fair to say he hasn’t really had a proper chance to prove himself at right back or RWB

Spot on +1
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2019 at 4:06pm
What was crazy is we played two wing backs last night and neither of them were Doherty and Stevens. I think Coleman at RCB would have worked better than at RWB as he wouldnt have tried to get into beating his man with the ball and losing it.  

Either way they didnt work on it so it was doomed to failure.  We dont have the best players so we need the manager to be giving them the best chance of succeeding by working on the system and not making it up as he goes along. Play more players on form rather than reputation and lads in league one are way of the pace I am afraid. 
AKA pedantic kunt
JUICEBOMB View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JUICEBOMB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2019 at 10:53pm
his days of overlapping and running up and down the wing are or seem to going/gone....poor last night but got absolutely no help when on the ball and he was looking for an out ball.thing is in the past he could shift the ball away from the attacking player when he was getting closed down now he seems to be getting caught...father time catchs us all up at some stage.
hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard
Dalymount79 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dalymount79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2019 at 11:07pm
Originally posted by amccarten313 amccarten313 wrote:

cheap shot but you left out the horrific Coleman in front of him v Gib.
mully_85 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mully_85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2019 at 5:48pm
hard to see Coleman getting back into that Everton side... Sidibe looking very good, great assist for the goal there
Pauldaly1984 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pauldaly1984 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2019 at 6:02pm
Originally posted by mully_85 mully_85 wrote:

hard to see Coleman getting back into that Everton side... Sidibe looking very good, great assist for the goal there

Blessing in disguise. Big Mick  would play him in March if he was getting any type of game time 
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2019 at 11:56am
Dropped to the bench again... doesnt look good but he's got the ability to fight for his place. 
Darren View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec 2019 at 7:23pm
Quite disappointed at the tone of some of the posts here. Coleman doesn't appear to be quite the player he was before that horrendous break, which is not a great surprise. However he is still a fine player and we are lucky to have 2 such good contenders for the right back spot, with great prospects coming through behind them.

He has been selected as Everton's player of the decade by the Guardian

Everton – Seamus Coleman

A £60,000 purchase from Sligo Rovers in January 2009 and Everton and Republic of Ireland captain today. A humble, dignified and proud figure who developed into one of the finest full-backs in the Premier League over the course of the decade (Leighton Baines and Phil Jagielka have played more matches for Everton than Coleman but were already regulars before his arrival) and he epitomises the kind of spirit, and signing, the club desperately need to find again. Andy Hunter

King_Kenny View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote King_Kenny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec 2019 at 8:12pm
Originally posted by Darren Darren wrote:

Quite disappointed at the tone of some of the posts here. Coleman doesn't appear to be quite the player he was before that horrendous break, which is not a great surprise. However he is still a fine player and we are lucky to have 2 such good contenders for the right back spot, with great prospects coming through behind them.

He has been selected as Everton's player of the decade by the Guardian

Everton – Seamus Coleman

A £60,000 purchase from Sligo Rovers in January 2009 and Everton and Republic of Ireland captain today. A humble, dignified and proud figure who developed into one of the finest full-backs in the Premier League over the course of the decade (Leighton Baines and Phil Jagielka have played more matches for Everton than Coleman but were already regulars before his arrival) and he epitomises the kind of spirit, and signing, the club desperately need to find again. Andy Hunter

Seamus has never been better than average for Ireland. Good for Everton yes. Unfortunately his recent performances has seen him in the same bracket as McLean, hendrick and whelan, I personally would place him above them, but we’ve never really seen it in a green shirt .
DeclanDaly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeclanDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Dec 2019 at 2:14pm
Ancelotti has picked Sidibe and Coleman today. Not sure who is playing where
You asked if I'd be anyone from history, fact or fiction, dead or alive:
I said "I'd be Tony Cascarino, circa 1995"
djhegzy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djhegzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Dec 2019 at 3:00pm
Originally posted by DeclanDaly DeclanDaly wrote:

I rekon he has coleman playing RCB, with sidebe and digne wing backs. Would be great for us if coleman could end up playing there
amccarten313 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amccarten313 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Dec 2019 at 1:42am
Originally posted by djhegzy djhegzy wrote:

I rekon he has coleman playing RCB, with sidebe and digne wing backs. Would be great for us if coleman could end up playing there

agree! hopefully carlo sticks with that
deise316 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Don't ask me about car warranty

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deise316 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Dec 2019 at 3:54am
Originally posted by djhegzy djhegzy wrote:

Whoa there lads, Mick tried playing both Doc & Coleman in the same team once. On a plastic pitch in a galeforce wind. It didn't work, and has never been attempted since, and obviously, Mick was right. Who does this Ancelotti chap think he is, who has he managed, and what the fcuk has he ever won ?? 

Imagine thinking that 2 right sided players, one of whom is better defensively, and one of whom is better attacking wise, can both play in the same team ? What kind of nonsense is that ? Glad I'm not an Everton fan, this Italian fella is a spoofer, he'll be found out in no time. 

Picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.....
DeclanDaly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeclanDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Dec 2019 at 3:59am
Coleman played right back with Sidibe right side of midfield. I saw it described as a 4-4-2 out of possession and a 3-5-2 in possession (with Coleman slotting in to right centre back and Digne pushing up as left wing back). That seems accurate.
You asked if I'd be anyone from history, fact or fiction, dead or alive:
I said "I'd be Tony Cascarino, circa 1995"
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 189190191192193 230>
  Share Topic