Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Séamus Coleman

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 173174175176177 230>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2018 at 10:59am
Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

Originally posted by doherty doherty wrote:

Shane Duffy as captain. Seriously, if i was to look to him for inspiration LOL

why wouldnt you. hes seems to be a leader. puts his body on the line all the time. well thought of in the premier league him and dunk at brighton. hes the obvious choice IMO.

Look, all i am saying is, he is not the brightest lad and not exactly capable of giving a rousing pre match war cry and generate overall inspiration. Gormless type

who says so. how do we know what his team talks are/would be like? you would hardly put coleman in the braveheart type speech giver now would you. 
Sponsored Links

kearney304 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kearney304 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2018 at 12:31pm
Gone right off him lately. Would prefer if he said nothing.
E2016 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote E2016 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2018 at 1:00pm
Originally posted by kearney304 kearney304 wrote:

Agreed. 
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2018 at 1:15pm

Shane Duffy as captain. Seriously, if i was to look to him for inspiration LOL

why wouldnt you. hes seems to be a leader. puts his body on the line all the time. well thought of in the premier league him and dunk at brighton. hes the obvious choice IMO.

Look, all i am saying is, he is not the brightest lad and not exactly capable of giving a rousing pre match war cry and generate overall inspiration. Gormless type

who says so. how do we know what his team talks are/would be like? you would hardly put coleman in the braveheart type speech giver now would you

And isnt that the very point of this debate?????? Ermm
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

DeclanDaly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote DeclanDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2018 at 1:37pm
Originally posted by kearney304 kearney304 wrote:

He really doesn’t have that luxury as captain. To quote Mick, you’re either inside the tent pissing out or outside the tent pissing in. I’m not a fan of the current regime, but it’s Colemans job to support the team
You asked if I'd be anyone from history, fact or fiction, dead or alive:
I said "I'd be Tony Cascarino, circa 1995"
GoneToShowgies View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GoneToShowgies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2018 at 1:58pm
In fairness what do people want him to say or do.

He's the captain, he has to talk positive and lead as best he can in what is now a very difficult situation. 
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2018 at 2:17pm
Originally posted by GoneToShowgies GoneToShowgies wrote:

In fairness what do people want him to say or do.

He's the captain, he has to talk positive and lead as best he can in what is now a very difficult situation. 

ya but its the stuff hes coming out with. heard last nights interview this morning and it could have been his last 5 interviews. we have to be better on the ball etc etc, and this notion that we will be better come march. Like how suddenly??

Also for me i'm expecting more of coleman on the pitch. He gives away the ball just as much as the rest of them. maybe i'm more annoyed at him because hes supposed to be one of our better players, if not our best. Hes not really leading by example as a capt should. Robbie Keane capt he banged in the goals on the pitch. no questions asked this for me was how he lead. maybe hes just not as good as we thought he was/is.
d13dave View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote d13dave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2018 at 4:27pm
coleman is not even on the radar when it comes to finding someone to blame. 

very good player and a good pro in an absolutely diabolical team managed by an old tactically inept luddite and a wild eyed bad tempered lunatic
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2018 at 4:43pm
Originally posted by 9fingers 9fingers wrote:

I’d expect him to say that performances haven’t been where they should be. 
I’d expect him to say that maybe 11 men behind the ball for 90mins in a ‘friendly’ isn’t right 
I’d expect some honesty. 
No one expects him to come out and slate the set up or the joke in charge but he should have some balls and courage to call it 

And the bit in bold wouldn't be slating the set up if he came out with that?! 

While O'Neill is in charge for the forseeable future, it wouldn't do any good for Coleman attack the manager or set up whether directly or indirectly. He's doing the right thing given his position as captain. 

I would rather his approach than open warfare between the players and the manager. It owuld only exacerabate an already bad situation. 

Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2018 at 4:30am
People are being extremely unrealistic about this. When was the last time a captain went outside the dressing room and started slating players, management, etc? Keane? That worked out well for him didnt it.

As for his performances, I think people are expecting him to be scoring for us like he does with Everton. He plays a completely different role, surrounded by much better players, led by a manager who actually gives a boll*x. Have a look at his options when he does get the ball, has no one ahead of him, and very few options in the middle, so has to pass backwards to Duffy, etc more often than not, or attempt to take on 2 men to try and create something.

Not out worst performer by any stretch.

Edited by The Huntacha - 21 Nov 2018 at 4:31am
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2018 at 9:22pm
Unfortunate own goal there
Couldn’t have done much about it
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2018 at 9:23pm
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Unfortunate own goal there
Couldn’t have done much about it

Yeah very unlucky
Jimmy Raggatip View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimmy Raggatip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2018 at 10:34pm
I reckon he could have, it doesn't just hit him, he's trying to take a touch, or kill the ball but it bounces off his knee and in instead of taking it off his thigh

turns around trying to blame others as well.

Shame to see how he is these days. The broken leg finished him I think
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2018 at 10:41pm
You couldn't make some of this tripe up, "finished him" LOL
We're decent enough..
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2018 at 10:52pm
Originally posted by Jimmy Raggatip Jimmy Raggatip wrote:

I reckon he could have, it doesn't just hit him, he's trying to take a touch, or kill the ball but it bounces off his knee and in instead of taking it off his thigh

Embarrassed
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Mr. Snrub View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr. Snrub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2018 at 10:58pm

Wow! Some statement. Have you watched Everton lately?? He's been improving a lot
"Here's Robbie Keane...... yeeeessss! That is no more than Ireland deserve!"
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2018 at 10:59pm
An Everton fan I follow on Twitter is saying it’s time to consider John Joe Kenny for Coleman who was terrible again 
Donegalman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donegalman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2018 at 12:07am

Surely this is a piss take? He was very unlucky for the goal but he played fairly well otherwise and was a great option going forward all the game.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 173174175176177 230>
  Share Topic