You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Séamus Coleman

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 157158159160161 230>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GB 1HughJarse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2017 at 9:03pm
Originally posted by Devrozex Devrozex wrote:

I really must sign up to their forum. Just going by what lads have posted on here the complete and utter delusion sounds enjoyable to behold.

I wouldn't bother, not much happening apart from the build up to international matches, YBIG forum is a hundred times better (loonies and all) and there are some genuinely funny fooks here as well, very little humour across the sea in the valleys.
Sponsored Links

SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2017 at 9:05pm
It is quiet but they only ever have five or ten people online.

There's usually triple that here.
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2017 at 9:06pm
Originally posted by SuperDave84 SuperDave84 wrote:

It is quiet but they only ever have five or ten people online.

There's usually triple that here.
That's just TJ.
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2017 at 9:29pm
Hilarious stuff over on that website!

"I should add that if your plauers hadn't acted like thugs Bale and Taylor would not have made challenges like that, they are both not exactly known for their hard man image."

Without Coleman they'll probably bottle it anyway, given how they all seem to believe he's their Gareth Bale.

Glen Whelan got away with murder

The management and players of ROI have to take a certain amount of responsibility for escalating things to the point where your player got injured

Some wonderfully comedic stuff here!
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2017 at 10:04pm
I've read worse on here.

It's no surprise they are backing their player, all fans have completely bias opinions.

We were comparing McClean to Ronaldo not so long ago and Jack Byrne to Keane.

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2017 at 10:14pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

I've read worse on here.

It's no surprise they are backing their player, all fans have completely bias opinions.

We were comparing McClean to Ronaldo not so long ago and Jack Byrne to Keane.

I don't think it's any worse on here but I do agree that there'll always be bias on both sides. It's impossible to entirely objective if you're a supporter of either team/player.
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Ibaraki View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ibaraki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2017 at 10:37pm
2 game ban seems about right.
TonyNotJack View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TonyNotJack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2017 at 12:33pm
Just signed a new 5 year contract.
KING-CON View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KING-CON Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2017 at 1:18pm
Originally posted by TonyNotJack TonyNotJack wrote:

Just signed a new 5 year contract.

Fair play to Everton. That should give him a boost. 
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2017 at 1:21pm
Anyone able to find any of the details? Can't see anything bout his wage online. Be interesting to see where his salary fits in among Premier League fullbacks.
The White Cafu View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The White Cafu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2017 at 1:47pm
Originally posted by Shedite Shedite wrote:

Anyone able to find any of the details? Can't see anything bout his wage online. Be interesting to see where his salary fits in among Premier League fullbacks.
I know before the new contract he was on 40k/week, with Schneiderlin on 120k.
djhegzy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djhegzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2017 at 2:18pm
Originally posted by The White Cafu The White Cafu wrote:

Originally posted by Shedite Shedite wrote:

I know before the new contract he was on 40k/week, with Schneiderlin on 120k.

He was one of the lowest paid players for everton, which was crazy considering he was probably favourite to be their next captain
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TonyNotJack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2017 at 2:52pm
Maybe he had to take the hit on looking for too much of an increase?

Everton are basically saying ; we are so sure you'll play again and be the player you were, that we are willing to bet 10 million pounds on it.

Edited by TonyNotJack - 05 May 2017 at 2:53pm
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TonyNotJack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2017 at 2:54pm

Edited by TonyNotJack - 05 May 2017 at 4:45pm
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2017 at 4:34pm
Well, if it was the contract that was on the table before the injury, which is what Coleman himself suggests in the quotes I read on the journal (not arsed looking again for the link, but check journal.ie for the article) then I imagine he's on a good whack now. If it's 100k a week or more, which it should be, then fair play to Everton for sticking by the earlier offer and not withdrawing it once he got injured.
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2017 at 4:45pm

Well, if it was the contract that was on the table before the injury, which is what Coleman himself suggests in the quotes I read on the journal (not arsed looking again for the link, but check journal.ie for the article) then I imagine he's on a good whack now. If it's 100k a week or more, which it should be, then fair play to Everton for sticking by the earlier offer and not withdrawing it once he got injured.
You would have to say, if that is the case, that Everton aren't being very well run!
KING-CON View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KING-CON Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2017 at 4:58pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

You would have to say, if that is the case, that Everton aren't being very well run!

Not really. Its really good PR and will make the club more attractive for potential signings. Worth the gamble. Coleman will never look to leave. 
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2017 at 5:03pm
Well, it depends on medical opinion. Maybe they have an opinion that says he's grand.

Also, maybe there is a standard clause in the contract that says it is voidable at the club's option if the player is medically unable to play for a set time period.... I imagine that the standard player contract has some sort of opt out like that for the club (it would be a little unusual if it didn't, and clubs gave guaranteed multi-year contracts that could be worthless inside a week if the player suffered the wrong kind of injury). Maybe players have insurance for the same thing; I don't know.

Anyway, that's all hypothetical. It's not entirely clear what the terms of the contract were before he got injured and maybe the injury makes little difference to Everton's liability if Coleman can't play to the same level again; it is still decent of them not to pull it from under his nose.

I can tell you, if this was the NFL, Coleman would not be getting a new contract.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 157158159160161 230>
  Share Topic