Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Séamus Coleman

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 156157158159160 230>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2017 at 3:22pm
Only difference between Koeman and MON and RK is that they didn't tweet a photo.

Fair play to Koeman though. 
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Sponsored Links

inlikeflynn View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote inlikeflynn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2017 at 12:45pm
A two match ban for the Taylor.

Doesn't seem much.
alihau41 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alihau41 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2017 at 1:03pm
appalling decision
Butch View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Butch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2017 at 1:04pm
Straight red not an automatic 3 game ban
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2017 at 1:13pm
very lenient
Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2017 at 1:26pm
I read a piece on Man City, and which left and right backs across Europe they need to sign and Coleman didn't feature. Sickening timing for that tackle as there'd have been a queue of teams looking to sign him Angry
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
ShaneH10 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShaneH10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2017 at 2:59pm
http://www.evertonfc.com/news/2017/04/26/seamus-thanks-for-your-amazing-support

Great to hear he's back in the gym and at the pool just over a month later. Also, isn't it a one game ban if you pick up 2 yellows over the course of a campaign? How in gods name have they deemed that tackle to be only worthy of one extra game to that? Madness.
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2017 at 3:40pm
Red cards in international games usually only mandate a 1 match ban as far as I'm aware, so 2 games is more than thd standard punishment.
We're decent enough..
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2017 at 4:06pm
From Apostle:

"What a f**king disgrace that is. FIFA are a f**king joke and the sooner it collapses the better.

What grounds do they have to hand out a longer ban for this?

I hope Ireland crash and burn."

"He was always going to get more than one match just glad it's not more than two!!The irish will be kicking off no doubt..."

"It's 1 match for a red card and further for a serious offence. He didn't mean to break Coleman's leg, so I don't see why he deserves more than 1."

"This splits opinion massively. I feel for Seamus Coleman, cracking player when I've seen him play, but I've looked at it again for the first time since the aftermath of Dublin and I still think it isn't a terrible challenge. He's gone in to win the ball strongly, which is clearly 50/50 and he's caught him in a weak spot. He's caught him high and gone over the ball which is a problem, so I think it's a red but for FIFA to revisit it and to increase the ban I don't think is necessary.

There's many more challenges that go completely unpunished they need to look at before bowing down to media pressures."

"It's a shame as he seems to be playing well. I saw his name trending and most of the tweets went back to the weekend where Villa fans were going on about how well he's doing."

Imagine if Gareth Bale had been on the receiving end of a similar tackle and left with a broken leg, out for eight months minimum, and possibly his final chance at playing in a World Cup. Imagine the reaction there'd have been on there today if one of our players had got a two game ban.

Then re-read those comments. Jokeshop. Their fans are deluded cretins.
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2017 at 4:11pm
Definitely if was other way around they wouldn't be happy.

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2017 at 4:19pm
I've decided to stir a little sh*t:

"If Gareth Bale had suffered a broken leg on foot of the same recklessness (two feet, over the ball and out of control) would you all be saying the same thing about Richard Keogh or whichever clogging defender had meted out the tackle?

I seriously doubt it.

I don't think two games is extreme. He's lucky that a straight red for violent conduct isn't a three game ban in the first place. If sarcastically applauding a fourth official gets you a four game ban, you can't be too upset when a literal leg-breaker, possibly ending a player's career (never mind their last probable chance at a World Cup) only ends up with a two game ban. If Bale had been left with a leg dangling like a hanging chad vote for Al Gore in Florida, you'd all be marching to Dublin and Zurich with the pitchforks and flaming torches demanding a good ol' fashioned lynchin'.

And I don't see what basis you can have for complaining about refereeing decisions back in March. Sure Bale almost deserved a red card and a minimum one match ban for the flying kick on John O'Shea a minute earlier, and if it had been properly punished, Seamus Coleman would still be walking under his own effort.

Take off your red tinted spectacles for a second and you'll see you've got out of this a hell of a lot lighter than Ireland have. You're missing Bale for one match for a deserved accumulation of yellows and Taylor for two for an actual leg breaker. Ireland are missing one of their best players for the rest of the campaign (minimum) because of a combination of a weak ref and a tackle so late you were better measuring the delay with a calendar than a clock.

I'm not saying Taylor should necessarily have got longer, but to be up in arms at a two game ban is laughable in the extreme."
alihau41 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alihau41 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2017 at 4:24pm

will be interesting to hear what those sheep shaggers will come back with on your comment

Edited by alihau41 - 26 Apr 2017 at 4:25pm
Devrozex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devrozex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2017 at 4:34pm
I really must sign up to their forum. Just going by what lads have posted on here the complete and utter delusion sounds enjoyable to behold.
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2017 at 4:49pm
Originally posted by Devrozex Devrozex wrote:

I really must sign up to their forum. Just going by what lads have posted on here the complete and utter delusion sounds enjoyable to behold.
And that is just the Irish fans......
From only reading the forum they are quite hard to warm to and they can be quite delusional as well. 
I think Taylor got off lightly, as I said at the time about it the problem is it was a coward's tackle. If he had gone in hard and fair to get the ball and Coleman had then broken his leg then I would have no complaints. There is no question he is trying to injure Coleman but he is clearly making sure he doesn't injure himself and in doing so is extremely reckless. I genuinely thought that he would get at least three games, I know that two games is the norm for a 'bad' red in international football but this was a bit more than a bad red, cowardice in tackling shouldn't be encouraged.
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2017 at 4:52pm
Why would you waste your time Superdave? 

Sure it's the internet ffs, I know the Welsh lad that has a similar buzz to ybig going and he was very pissed of with his support in Ireland prior to the game, bandwaggoners and all that.

I'd hardly take the opinions of fools as that of the majority of Welsh supporters. 
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2017 at 4:57pm
I'm not hoping to persuade anyone or even reason with them.

A little trolling makes me feel good, every now and then.
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2017 at 4:59pm
True that, not that I'd know anything about itBig smile
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2017 at 8:26pm
You might call that trolling SD but it's an excellent point that in reminding the Welsh to show a little bit of humility. It's exactly the point I would've have made and any half rational Welsh fan would acknowledge that they'd be up in arms if the same had happened to Bale. 
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 156157158159160 230>
  Share Topic