You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedSeagulls Revenge

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
sPICE UP YOUR LIFE Gwan MONROY

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Seagulls Revenge
    Posted: 10 Jul 2008 at 9:22am
Sorry lads, was too lazy to look for Erimus now defunct Seagull thread.......look at this though, Hitchcock is back.

Woman Savaged By Swooping Gull

By Sky News SkyNews ‑ Thursday, July 10 11:00

A woman was treated for head wounds after a savage seagull attack left her shaken and severely bloodied.The 36‑year‑old victim was walking along the seafront at Burnham‑on‑Sea when the adult gull swooped and started stabbing her head with its beak.

Rescue personnel likened the "terrifying" aerial assault in Somerset to a scene from the Alfred Hitchcock movie The Birds.

The woman, who did not wish to be named, suffered three puncture wounds and heavy bleeding in the attack near the town's pier.

She managed to stumble home and was rushed to Weston General Hospital for treatment.

Mark Newman, who runs the website Burnham‑on‑sea.com, said such incidents were rare but not unheard of in the area.

"This was almost certainly an adult trying to protect a young gull," he said.

"The bird obviously thought this lady was walking a little too close to one of its chicks. It was a terrifying incident for her although it only lasted for a matter of seconds.

"She was very shaken up and taken to A&E. There was an awful lot of blood and she required a tetanus injection.

"We all think of Hitchcock's film The Birds with something like this and here it is actually happening."

Mr Newman estimated that one or two seagull attacks occurred every couple of years in Burnham.

"I've never heard of anyone actually getting injured before ‑ usually people are able to shoo them away," he said.

We'll never die, we'll never die, we'll keep the Green Flag flying high......Shamrock Rovers will never die, we'll keep the Green Flag Flying high. 19 Leagues and 25 Cups.....
erimus View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2008 at 4:37am
Haha classic

Here it is with pics

This is our f**king country we're talking about - Keano

ROLL ON 2016
RogerMilla View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
#TEAMJAVIER #ENGANCHE

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2008 at 5:04am
camera man was well positioned , not set up at all that one i reckon...
The first time the Devil made me do it. The second time I did it on my own.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic