You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : League Of Ireland : Premier and First Division
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Scrotes

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zizu Kilbane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Scrotes
    Posted: 28 Nov 2021 at 10:10pm
Needs it's own thread. Very depressing scenes before the game today. Especially because of the great work both clubs did in promoting the final. There was a real big game/event feel today. Another example of the potential of professional football in this country.

However there is a minority scum element thats attached itself to the domestic game needs to be eradicated. It's been there for years and it's across a lot of teams, it's not just 1 or 2. I've experienced it first hand at Derry, Rovers and Bohs games down through the years. I know for a fact there have been incidents at Cork and Dundalk games that my mates have attended

Imagine bringing a child to the game today and being caught up in that. You'd never give the LOI another look. And rightly so 
"Sometimes, sh*t happens, someone's gotta deal with it, and who ya gonna call?"
Sponsored Links

The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2021 at 4:10am
An embarrassment to the clubs that they claim to support. As you say, a lot of kids could have been caught up in that.

Complete and utter scum.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
Saint Tom View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saint Tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2021 at 8:24am
Originally posted by The Huntacha The Huntacha wrote:

An embarrassment to the clubs that they claim to support. As you say, a lot of kids could have been caught up in that.

Complete and utter scum.

I was in the pub in question.

Disgraceful scenes and not Pats to blame. Completely unfair to pin this on us. 

Copshop twenty yards away yet none were about as this happened. 

My destination inchicore my next stop being kilmainham
Where patriots and super saints are the topics of conversation
Rolling boh View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rolling boh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2021 at 8:25am
these groups of feral yobs seem to have a free pass to cause trouble  whether it's around matches or not  all too common now in Dublin  very difficult to tackle I know but wish they were just taken out of society 
.They are damageing  the match day experience for groups who we are trying to attract  to our matches .
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2021 at 8:28am
Originally posted by Saint Tom Saint Tom wrote:

Complete and utter scum.

Who blamed pats? 
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2021 at 8:29am
f**king depressing watching those videos as we walked into the ground. 
Absolute scum. 
Thankfully didn’t see any trouble ourselves as we had quiet a few kids in our group. 
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2021 at 8:35am
Originally posted by zizu Kilbane zizu Kilbane wrote:

Needs it's own thread. Very depressing scenes before the game today. Especially because of the great work both clubs did in promoting the final. There was a real big game/event feel today. Another example of the potential of professional football in this country.

However there is a minority scum element thats attached itself to the domestic game needs to be eradicated. It's been there for years and it's across a lot of teams, it's not just 1 or 2. I've experienced it first hand at Derry, Rovers and Bohs games down through the years. I know for a fact there have been incidents at Cork and Dundalk games that my mates have attended

Imagine bringing a child to the game today and being caught up in that. You'd never give the LOI another look. And rightly so 
I've two 5 year olds who as a Cork exile have resigned myself to being either Bohs or Shels fans. After today they can f**king forget it. Never going near a Bohs jersey with them
Badgersboys9 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Badgersboys9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2021 at 8:45am
Between that wannabe English firm carry on and the brazen coke sniffing in toilets, it was a f*cking disgrace. I know it's a small minority but it's such a bad representation of the club/league. Not just attached to one particular club either. 
Saint Tom View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saint Tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2021 at 8:54am
Originally posted by 9fingers 9fingers wrote:

Complete and utter scum.

Who blamed pats? 
posters referring to "clubs" plural. Local representatives referring to "clubs" plural. 
My destination inchicore my next stop being kilmainham
Where patriots and super saints are the topics of conversation
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2021 at 8:59am
Originally posted by Badgersboys9 Badgersboys9 wrote:

Between that wannabe English firm carry on and the brazen coke sniffing in toilets, it was a f*cking disgrace. I know it's a small minority but it's such a bad representation of the club/league. Not just attached to one particular club either. 

IDK why people act surprised about this. It's not enough to smoke weed, you have to announce it to the world. Do you know any person who smokes weed and doesn't wear it as a badge of pride? 

How would it be any different with someone taking a bump of coke? Sure they could do it in a discreet way but where's the fun in that? They want people to know that they're totally badass! 
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2021 at 10:29am

Originally posted by 9fingers 9fingers wrote:

Complete and utter scum.

Who blamed pats? 
posters referring to "clubs" plural. Local representatives referring to "clubs" plural. 

No one is blaming Pats fans here. It's been made widely known that it was Bohs "fans" who did this.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2021 at 10:46am
Originally posted by Badgersboys9 Badgersboys9 wrote:

I think this is an important point - I've seen a few times that Bohs fans try and pin trouble on Rovers fans but I think yesterday proves that many clubs have a small element that will attach themselves to any event looking for trouble. Hopefully this can be stamped out across all clubs as ultimately the league will suffer if there are more scenes like that. As others have pointed out, we can't afford for people with kids to decide that they don't feel safe bringing kids to games etc. 
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2021 at 12:25pm
You would wonder if these so called fans would normally go to matches or just came together for the big match?

You would imagine the CCTV in the area would be pretty good and plenty of eye witnesses so surely the guards will be able to make a few charges and convictions out of it

drog addict View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Castleknocker

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote drog addict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2021 at 12:25pm
Every Club in the Country has their gang of green wannabe pavement dancers, it was bohs day of disgrace yesterday and it will be sombody else the next. 
Chips don't bounce
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2021 at 12:28pm
Originally posted by drog addict drog addict wrote:

Every Club in the Country has their gang of green wannabe pavement dancers, it was bohs day of disgrace yesterday and it will be sombody else the next. 

Big time and the amount of points scoring all the time is petty and it is petty when Bohs fans do it when rovers act up etc.  

This is an issue for the league if it wants to attract family based fans etc.  I suspect there is a small element who
Never want that to happen and are happy for it to to be niche activity on the margins of society.  

Whoever did that yesterday are scum and if they are Bohs fans they are scum and if they are not they are still scum.  
AKA pedantic kunt
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2021 at 12:54pm
You get quite a few at Ireland matches as well. I think it has got a little worse as well as a by-product of the success of the singing section these types have a place to congregate within Aviva. They graduate from the schoolboy section and go to block 114-116. Probably the same ‘crews’ who attach their Green Street style ‘support’ to LOI clubs.

I wouldn’t be surprised to see similar stuff to what we saw yesterday and what we see at England matches also making it’s way into Ireland games. Never saw a fight in all my years going to matches but in last few years have seen on here people reporting fights on a few occasions

Edited by t_rAndy - 29 Nov 2021 at 1:28pm
Rolling boh View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rolling boh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2021 at 1:10pm
was in the premium bohs section  a fair bit of drinking during of course  there were three young pats fans in the same row  and got a bit mouthy as more drink was consumed could easily have been near to bohs fans who could have confronted them  so quite easily  a fracas  could have started in the stand .Am not posting this  against pats or to divert away from the pub trouble but just that this behaviour  has potential  for serious widespread   confrontations .
Donegalman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donegalman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2021 at 1:43pm
Originally posted by drog addict drog addict wrote:

Wouldn’t agree that every clubs has them. Always a few eejits in every walk of life tho. 90% of it comes from the same two or three clubs unfortunately and unfortunately it seems like it’s turned into a game of who can shout the loudest when either Bohs or Shamrock Rovers are involved. Not that it should be swept under the carpet but on what was a great occasion with fantastic attendance those 10/20 scumbags are giving the league unneeded negative headlines. Would be good if Bohs actually address it.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
  Share Topic