You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Away days + World Cup 2022 Accommodation and Travel
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Screwed over by Supporters Club.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3456>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pipkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2017 at 10:43pm
Originally posted by Borussia Borussia wrote:

Originally posted by drog addict drog addict wrote:

SC's need to grow some balls and tackle this ticket situation with the fai otherwise the split between the independent fan and SC's widen.

It's not on their interest though. Well, let me clarify that : A number of these SCs are headed up by people who very much enjoy the close relationship they share with the dear leader and the associated power their position brings them. They will not entertain anything that will change that.

An just to be clear, I'm sure there are a number of SCs that aren't headed up by people like that. 

Sure when you have Ballybrack inviting Pat Hickey Jr to the inauguration of the club and Finnegan in the London Club inviting him to their birthday party what hope do you have.

You just hope that these fellas fall away quick once Hickey Jr is shafted when hes indicted in something
Sponsored Links

drog addict View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Castleknocker

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote drog addict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2017 at 10:50pm

SC's need to grow some balls and tackle this ticket situation with the fai otherwise the split between the independent fan and SC's widen.

It's not on their interest though. Well, let me clarify that : A number of these SCs are headed up by people who very much enjoy the close relationship they share with the dear leader and the associated power their position brings them. They will not entertain anything that will change that.

An just to be clear, I'm sure there are a number of SCs that aren't headed up by people like that. 

Its the decent well managed SC's that should stand up and bring this matter to their next agm. The sham sc's are giving them a bad rep with independent fans who outnumber them greatly.
Pipkin View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pipkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2017 at 11:00pm

Its the decent well managed SC's that should stand up and bring this matter to their next agm. The sham sc's are giving them a bad rep with independent fans who outnumber them greatly.

49000 Irish fans in Lansdowne the last day. Maybe 1500 in supporters clubs?

A rare breed thankfully
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2017 at 11:18am
Originally posted by Claret Murph Claret Murph wrote:

Originally posted by Newryrep Newryrep wrote:

So to round this up , the people who have come on here who either help run SCs and members are happy to have a fair system for everyone .
So at least that's quite clear .

would the western branch be amenable ? though obviously I assume there would need to be some sort of vote ? I know your not a spokesperson

I don't recall any objections when first discussed years ago though obviously things may have chamged
Best place to to bring anything to the table is the AGM which all are invited , now this is not due until next year but i will ask the question . My big push is for a website which has been talked about in the past to increase numbers in the club we all have our plans for the club but you need to be a member , now i can't see you joining but i still have hopes for Baldie who only lives down the road , i for one would love to see him with us .

Thanks murph. If SC did not have priority access to tickets over the rest of us I wouldn't have a problem joining a SC. As long as they have priority access I won't be joining. That's nothing personal against any SC
AKA pedantic kunt
DUBLIN DOC View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
The F The F The FAI

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DUBLIN DOC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2017 at 12:11pm

I just knew that sham fella could not be trusted
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2017 at 6:39pm
Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

Originally posted by Newryrep Newryrep wrote:

So to round this up , the people who have come on here who either help run SCs and members are happy to have a fair system for everyone .
So at least that's quite clear .

would the western branch be amenable ? though obviously I assume there would need to be some sort of vote ? I know your not a spokesperson

I don't recall any objections when first discussed years ago though obviously things may have chamged
Best place to to bring anything to the table is the AGM which all are invited , now this is not due until next year but i will ask the question . My big push is for a website which has been talked about in the past to increase numbers in the club we all have our plans for the club but you need to be a member , now i can't see you joining but i still have hopes for Baldie who only lives down the road , i for one would love to see him with us .

Thanks murph. If SC did not have priority access to tickets over the rest of us I wouldn't have a problem joining a SC. As long as they have priority access I won't be joining. That's nothing personal against any SC
You would bring so much to the table , now i don't always agree with what you say but you are very passionate and have to be respected . Right i better sit down as i have not been feeling well of late Big smile
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2017 at 6:47pm
Only thing I bring to the table is a knife and fork :- )
AKA pedantic kunt
PaulB View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaulB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2017 at 11:28am
that Dublin club are a complete joke show, shafted the clubs in the north for years, in particular for euro 2012. The clubs up here had to apply for tickets through them, They give one club 2 tickets per game for the group and sorted out their mates. The fact that that club have at least 15 members who go to every away game and never had problems prior to the tournament didn't matter at all. If the confederation has any balls they would investigate the running of the Dublin club. What is the point in a club from Dublin also?
reddladd View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reddladd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2017 at 11:38am
Tickets.
I could agree with you but then we'd both be wrong.
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2017 at 1:25pm
Originally posted by PaulB PaulB wrote:

that Dublin club are a complete joke show, shafted the clubs in the north for years, in particular for euro 2012. The clubs up here had to apply for tickets through them, They give one club 2 tickets per game for the group and sorted out their mates. The fact that that club have at least 15 members who go to every away game and never had problems prior to the tournament didn't matter at all. If the confederation has any balls they would investigate the running of the Dublin club. What is the point in a club from Dublin also?

eh ? please explain
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
DUBLIN DOC View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
The F The F The FAI

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DUBLIN DOC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2017 at 1:57pm
The main problem with that club now is that they are all fckin old codgers, absolutley no new blood has joined, in fact people have just not bothered even going to meetings anymore, have heard of rumblings from some involved but nobody will go forward and and challenge the committee they are a law onto themselves
SuperDub View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2017 at 3:02pm
Originally posted by PaulB PaulB wrote:

I was a member of this club for a number of years and they were always complaining about new members not taking an active role. When some members I know enquired about helping out they were never encouraged. I had issues with them regarding ticket allocations and walked away. I now have 3 season tickets on my account same seats and I have had no hassles dealing with the fai directly.

I am sure there are some very well run supporters club around the country but I would never encourage anyone to join the dublin club.
kevincronin2000 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Cork Airport Dogging Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevincronin2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2017 at 3:05pm
time is the stuff that life is made of, don't waste it.
Bo Jackson View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bo Jackson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2017 at 3:06pm
Originally posted by kevincronin2000 kevincronin2000 wrote:

Looks like someone has shafted them on done deal anyway lol

https://www.donedeal.ie/othersports-for-sale/ireland-vs-wales-tickets/16755085?utm_source=whatsapp&utm_medium=social

LOL
You don't know Bo?

2018 YBIG Fantasy Football Champ!
SuperDub View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2017 at 3:07pm
Originally posted by DUBLIN DOC DUBLIN DOC wrote:

The main problem with that club now is that they are all fckin old codgers, absolutley no new blood has joined, in fact people have just not bothered even going to meetings anymore, have heard of rumblings from some involved but nobody will go forward and and challenge the committee they are a law onto themselves

I know of a lad who got nominated onto the committee a number of years ago but told me it was a waste of time as he was never invited to committee meetings or they just didn't occur.
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2017 at 3:09pm
Originally posted by wanderer wanderer wrote:

250 each, they should be reported for that.

Is the thick thread open or closed :))
AKA pedantic kunt
Il Principe View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Il Principe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2017 at 3:12pm
Originally posted by Bo Jackson Bo Jackson wrote:

Originally posted by kevincronin2000 kevincronin2000 wrote:

Looks like someone has shafted them on done deal anyway lol

https://www.donedeal.ie/othersports-for-sale/ireland-vs-wales-tickets/16755085?utm_source=whatsapp&utm_medium=social

LOL

amazing lol LOLLOL
kevincronin2000 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Cork Airport Dogging Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevincronin2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2017 at 3:19pm

Edited by kevincronin2000 - 25 Sep 2017 at 3:20pm
time is the stuff that life is made of, don't waste it.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3456>
  Share Topic