You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Away days + World Cup 2022 Accommodation and Travel
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Screwed over by Supporters Club.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 6>
Author
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2017 at 9:01am
Originally posted by Missy Missy wrote:

Most SCs have a stand alone points system and it works.
The issue with this club is not their stand alone system which they clearly have its the criteria used ie when a member joins this dictates his spot in the away scheme it is not based on aways on home. attendance on STs.

Any criteria in whichever sc had should surely have the Principal that the more games you attend the more 'deserving' are of tickets - like your own ?

I will also be seeking clarification that should people be unhappy and leave a sc that their record goes with them as if not you can essentially never leave or you lose your record

Surely a universal scheme with the FAI is the way forward sc members with records have nothing to fear ?
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
Sponsored Links

superp View Drop Down
Phil Babb
Phil Babb

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote superp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2017 at 9:29am
Are you a member of a supporters club?? this club needs to be named if treating loyal members like that.
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2017 at 9:42am
Surely it’d be better to name the club in question so as to not tar all the supporters clubs with the same brush?
darmack View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darmack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2017 at 9:56am
So say a young lad who has 4 away games for each of the last 2 campaigns (so 8 in total) joins a SC he would/should be near the top of the list. But then there's Jack (fictional person) who does 2 every campaign for the past 20 years with the same lads who run the club, that's surely going to rustle a few cages.
There's no winning. 
The dark side.. And the light
DUBLIN DOC View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
The F The F The FAI

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DUBLIN DOC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2017 at 10:25am
Originally posted by 9fingers 9fingers wrote:

Surely it’d be better to name the club in question so as to not tar all the supporters clubs with the same brush?
Did pipsqueak not name a club on a related thread ?
deise316 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Don't ask me about car warranty

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deise316 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2017 at 10:41am
Originally posted by Claret Murph Claret Murph wrote:

Hummmmm interesting comments .
I would like the Confederation to have the same rules for each club when it come to tickets at least that would be clear to all of us . 
The FAI needs to step in and make this happen which would be very easy to do .

Good point Murph, but if the FAI/Confederation do exactly that (make criteria for SCs all the same)- they may as well go the whole hog & make that the criteria for FD as well. Which is what some of us have been saying all along. 

I've said this before, but back when I started going to away games, the tinternet was only in its infancy and I wasn't even aware that SC's even existed. Aways were better attended back then, and for 5 of my first 8 away games, I didn't get any ticket off the FAI, those games were all over subscribed, and naturally enough, I was well down the list for official tickets. Through attending games, obviously this changed over time. 

But for a young lad or woman today, maybe reading stuff on here, he/she could easily come to the conclusion that joining an SC would be the way forward. For this particular lad, who would meet any criteria for a ticket in FD, it must be pretty galling that he unfortunately picked one where rules are selectively applied. 

Even though the confederation don't post on here as such, I'm sure certain members of it dip in to Ybig from time to time. There was also a more recently set up SC, who when setting up, spoke of a rake of noble intentions, such as changing the system from the inside & working with the FAI to do so. Aye. Even though this may be an isolated incident (and to be fair, we don't know that either, it's has often been said by certain SC members that Ybig doesn't speak for all fans as a lot aren't on here, well the same might well apply to disgruntled SC members, who might not be on here either), the silence from the likes of them so far tells it's own story, mainly one of self interest, which again, some of us pointed out at the time. 

Picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.....
deise316 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Don't ask me about car warranty

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deise316 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2017 at 10:48am
Originally posted by Missy Missy wrote:

Most SCs have a stand alone points system and it works.
The issue with this club is not their stand alone system which they clearly have its the criteria used ie when a member joins this dictates his spot in the away scheme it is not based on aways on home. attendance on STs.

Not really following you here chief, unless you mean that this particular SC has greater value on 30 years of block booking/STs than going to away games ??

In which case, that should be made clear at the start, because as regards obtaining tickets for away games, tis a waste of time joining it until lads literally start dying off. No club should be allowed do that, makes the whole thing a closed shop for young people. (apologies if I have misinterpreted). 

Picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.....
kevincronin2000 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Cork Airport Dogging Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevincronin2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2017 at 10:53am
Originally posted by 9fingers 9fingers wrote:

A request has or is in the process of being made for a copy of the Constitution or the minutes of the meeting ) AGM where this rule was passed. I presume when these can't be provided there is an option to go down a legal route. Now I'd imagine it wont come to this but I'll keep it quiet for the Moment. When resolved I'm sure we can name and shame then. Mind you it's not difficult to work out from my first couple of posts on this thread.
time is the stuff that life is made of, don't waste it.
Butch View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Butch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2017 at 11:03am
Sure what harm is it to mention the name of the SC ? It will only go to putting a spotlight on the club in the future . Also f**k all decency in the club as I'm sure that certain people within that club know they don't deserve a ticket . I'm not deserving of a ticket but I hope to pick one up . Will I feel bad about it if I get one ? Not one bit as this is the problem because people always take too many leaving others short
The GerK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Razor you wanna pint?...2 minutes later

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The GerK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2017 at 11:54am
Originally posted by deise316 deise316 wrote:

Hummmmm interesting comments .
I would like the Confederation to have the same rules for each club when it come to tickets at least that would be clear to all of us . 
The FAI needs to step in and make this happen which would be very easy to do .

Good point Murph, but if the FAI/Confederation do exactly that (make criteria for SCs all the same)- they may as well go the whole hog & make that the criteria for FD as well. Which is what some of us have been saying all along. 

I've said this before, but back when I started going to away games, the tinternet was only in its infancy and I wasn't even aware that SC's even existed. Aways were better attended back then, and for 5 of my first 8 away games, I didn't get any ticket off the FAI, those games were all over subscribed, and naturally enough, I was well down the list for official tickets. Through attending games, obviously this changed over time. 

But for a young lad or woman today, maybe reading stuff on here, he/she could easily come to the conclusion that joining an SC would be the way forward. For this particular lad, who would meet any criteria for a ticket in FD, it must be pretty galling that he unfortunately picked one where rules are selectively applied. 

Even though the confederation don't post on here as such, I'm sure certain members of it dip in to Ybig from time to time. There was also a more recently set up SC, who when setting up, spoke of a rake of noble intentions, such as changing the system from the inside & working with the FAI to do so. Aye. Even though this may be an isolated incident (and to be fair, we don't know that either, it's has often been said by certain SC members that Ybig doesn't speak for all fans as a lot aren't on here, well the same might well apply to disgruntled SC members, who might not be on here either), the silence from the likes of them so far tells it's own story, mainly one of self interest, which again, some of us pointed out at the time. 

The silence is deafening alright

Back to Newry point. What do SC fear from a one system fits all approach?
Saint Tom View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saint Tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2017 at 12:07pm
Sure I have managed the pats fans home allocation for close on fifteen years. When a friend who was on the account decided to join a supporters club recently, he was asked to bring his 114 ticket with him.
Eh no

Edited by Saint Tom - 23 Sep 2017 at 12:08pm
My destination inchicore my next stop being kilmainham
Where patriots and super saints are the topics of conversation
Scamper View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scamper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2017 at 12:12pm
Originally posted by shoveonyournicks shoveonyournicks wrote:

Scamper as someone who endeavours to run a SC as fairly as possible would you be opposed to a 'one person, one number' ticketing system??

Not my call to make. but to answer your question no I wouldn't oppose it mate. I have 6-12 regular away travelling members and a scheme like that wouldn't change our chances any differently than what they are now. I am also friendly with and know many independent travelling fans on here such as Sham,Gerk,Freewheeler etc who for their sakes if nothing else a system would be fair and benefitial also.A fair system for all fans whether it be independent or SC? No I wouldn't oppose it

Edited by Scamper - 23 Sep 2017 at 12:16pm
====#Everywhere you play, We'll Follow====
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2017 at 1:07pm
For any system to work people need to fight as hard for strangers as much as for mates. That's the point of a good system. That it's got nothing to with mates or how much or how long you know someone
AKA pedantic kunt
Scamper View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scamper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2017 at 1:13pm
Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

For any system to work people need to fight as hard for strangers as much as for mates. That's the point of a good system. That it's got nothing to with mates or how much or how long you know someone

Oh I agree mate and just to clarify my point was more to say I know what happens on both sides as I have people I know affected. Not to say I hope my mates get sorted. A system to reward the most deserving regardless who they are... I agree with you on that
====#Everywhere you play, We'll Follow====
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2017 at 1:33pm
So to round this up , the people who have come on here who either help run SCs and members are happy to have a fair system for everyone .
So at least that's quite clear .
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
kevincronin2000 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Cork Airport Dogging Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevincronin2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2017 at 1:45pm
Tbf the majority of SC are very helpful, the amount of advise and help. I got from other supporters clubs was overwhelming. Just a few bad eggs leaving themselves down.
time is the stuff that life is made of, don't waste it.
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2017 at 1:51pm
Originally posted by kevincronin2000 kevincronin2000 wrote:

Tbf the majority of SC are very helpful, the amount of advise and help. I got from other supporters clubs was overwhelming. Just a few bad eggs leaving themselves down.

Hence why I said name the club.
I’m not & never will be a SC member but I can see the positives of being one, hence the bogeys should be called out
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2017 at 1:57pm

So to round this up , the people who have come on here who either help run SCs and members are happy to have a fair system for everyone .
So at least that's quite clear .

would the western branch be amenable ? though obviously I assume there would need to be some sort of vote ? I know your not a spokesperson

I don't recall any objections when first discussed years ago though obviously things may have chamged
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 6>
  Share Topic