You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Away days + World Cup 2022 Accommodation and Travel
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Screwed over by Supporters Club.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 6>
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darmack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2017 at 5:48pm
Sure the FAI let SC's do what ever they want. Them give them x amount of tickets and they sort it out themselves. Doubt they're going to interfere in this. 
The dark side.. And the light
Sponsored Links

kevincronin2000 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Cork Airport Dogging Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevincronin2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2017 at 5:48pm
He's asked for a copy of the Constitution or the minutes of the AGM where this rule was introduced.
time is the stuff that life is made of, don't waste it.
Trapped View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Coat hangar expert

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trapped Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2017 at 6:26pm
Originally posted by Cabra Hoop Cabra Hoop wrote:

I've been at Ireland v Wales 11 times at various venues (Tolka x 2, RDS, LR x 3, CP, Wrexham, Cardiff x 3) including 4 away's. Sure its only right and fitting that someone else gets a chance of a ticket this time.

Every football club I've ever heard of (including international teams like Scotland, Wales and England) base their priority allocation for tickets on the most recent few seasons of attendance. It's the only fair way.

Obviously a football supporter who is 25 years older than another will have attended more football matches in their life, Jaysus. 

67% points to games ratio at the last Euro's (better than Portugal's)
deise316 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Don't ask me about car warranty

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deise316 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2017 at 6:26pm
A couple of things on this; 

Firstly, you would imagine this, and disputes like these, are something the intergalactic federation could step in to, and then , if necessary, bring it to the FAI's attention. After all, they are meant to be an umbrella group overseeing this whole love in, sorry, organisation. Kevin, your mate should contact them first, and record their response. I'd sure like to see it. Who knows, sure they might even write it themselves this time. 

Later, I'll have a go at dragging up a few posts from the ''Why shouldn't Ybig become an SC'' thread from after Scotland, because scenarios such as these were predicted. And then denied by some SC advocates. 

It is important to note that all SC's shouldn't be tarred with the one brush, and Missy has been on here explaining why that scenario wouldn't happen in his club (Mullingar) which I think is fair enough too.

Reading between the lines here, what is after happening is the particular SC normally has, say , 40 away travellers, including for the past 2 campaigns, your mate. This time, they applied for 80, but only got their usual 40, or something along those lines. The lads at the top took the decision that they know Paddy & Mick since Euro 88, and even though they haven't gone much recently other than the Euros, they wanted to go to this one. So this chap loses out, nothing he did wrong himself, just old buddies looking after each other.

This is not the fault of SC's as a whole, just this individual one. A universal ticket scheme, same rules for everybody, sorts this instantly, and that cannot be denied by anyone, whether SC or FD or anything else. This chap would be in the top 400 by attendance quite easily, and I'm being generous there, he could well be higher. In this case, this lad doesn't have to worry about attending games at all, but rather how he gets on with certain individuals, and he fell foul of that, while others who didn't go to the games he did benefited. 

And yet, among the responses here will be ''my SC wouldn't do anything like that'' which is fair enough, but that isn't addressing the larger issue, it is only addressing a personal one.  

Picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.....
Sligo Hornet View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Runner Up, Branson lookalike 2003

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sligo Hornet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2017 at 6:30pm
Hearing how some SC have not received all the tickets they requested......how does the FAI decide the number they get?......i.e. SC asks for 100..... FAI give them 54..... what criteria is used ( if any ) .....and of course once the 54 have been received I guess it is then down to the Top Table Guys in the SC to decide who gets one
deise316 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Don't ask me about car warranty

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deise316 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2017 at 6:43pm
Well that was predicted too SH, some think (with some justification) that the FAI want everyone in an SC. 

So if that happens, what then ? Instead of me arguing with you or whatever, tis going to be '' but your SC only had 40 in Poland, mine had 50, how come ye got 40 tickets for this game while we got 20 ? '' 

And anyone within an SC who can't see that is delusional. If all the independents join SC's, the cake becomes smaller for each of them, and we go back to the ''wisdom of Solomon'' distribution lottery of the FAI, where certain SC's get looked after and other ones not so much, because absolutely nobody will convince me that it's an even distribution. 

In that case, it could be advantageous to be in a smaller one, as percentage wise, you will get looked after better (possibly). So back to pure luck again, I might pick the 'right' one to join, you might not. You go to more games than me, but tough sh*te, you lose out this time. 

Picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.....
Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2017 at 7:06pm
Compared to previous games of high demand, we are at a situation where this thread is actually an isolated incident as opposed to the norm. So lets acknowledge that. 

To the best of my knowledge the commitee (I'm not a member) are working with the FAI on this, so every example like this is been flagged and used to highlight the problems with it.

Transparency is the simplest and most honest system that will work for all fans. I really think we are on the road to achieving that. 
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
PhilliyK View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Granny Grabber

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PhilliyK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2017 at 7:15pm
Can ye lads not do this through your fb group?

While yes understood you feel the need to put it on here but just gives less appreciative folk another chance to site ybig v confederate. Which I thought and hoped had relented.

Just my thoughts lads

(I agree it's not on and needs investigated by the faiL   and repercussions for the individual on the committee )
Butch View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Butch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2017 at 7:27pm
I know this thread is on the SC and all that but how many tickets are going out to football clubs around the country who are then giving them to who ever they want in the club . Also I know that SC's make their own rules with distribution of tickets .
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2017 at 7:42pm
Originally posted by deise316 deise316 wrote:

A couple of things on this; 

Firstly, you would imagine this, and disputes like these, are something the intergalactic federation could step in to, and then , if necessary, bring it to the FAI's attention. After all, they are meant to be an umbrella group overseeing this whole love in, sorry, organisation. Kevin, your mate should contact them first, and record their response. I'd sure like to see it. Who knows, sure they might even write it themselves this time. 

Later, I'll have a go at dragging up a few posts from the ''Why shouldn't Ybig become an SC'' thread from after Scotland, because scenarios such as these were predicted. And then denied by some SC advocates. 

It is important to note that all SC's shouldn't be tarred with the one brush, and Missy has been on here explaining why that scenario wouldn't happen in his club (Mullingar) which I think is fair enough too.

Reading between the lines here, what is after happening is the particular SC normally has, say , 40 away travellers, including for the past 2 campaigns, your mate. This time, they applied for 80, but only got their usual 40, or something along those lines. The lads at the top took the decision that they know Paddy & Mick since Euro 88, and even though they haven't gone much recently other than the Euros, they wanted to go to this one. So this chap loses out, nothing he did wrong himself, just old buddies looking after each other.

This is not the fault of SC's as a whole, just this individual one. A universal ticket scheme, same rules for everybody, sorts this instantly, and that cannot be denied by anyone, whether SC or FD or anything else. This chap would be in the top 400 by attendance quite easily, and I'm being generous there, he could well be higher. In this case, this lad doesn't have to worry about attending games at all, but rather how he gets on with certain individuals, and he fell foul of that, while others who didn't go to the games he did benefited. 

And yet, among the responses here will be ''my SC wouldn't do anything like that'' which is fair enough, but that isn't addressing the larger issue, it is only addressing a personal one.  

very good advice Minty I am sure the confed will have a thorough investigation put it down to an admin error and rectify the situation to the  satisfaction of all interested parties   
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
Citizen View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Citizen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2017 at 7:50pm
Lads power tripping playing god with tickets, conversely I have heard of a certain SC giving wales tickets to members who have zero away games this campaign. Typical Irish bullshiitt.
My Views are my own and do not in any way represent this site.

'The FAI are the dysfunctional body that other dysfunctional bodies call Galacticos' - Declan Lynch (Sunday Indo)
The GerK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Razor you wanna pint?...2 minutes later

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The GerK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2017 at 8:11pm
Not surprised Citizen
Scamper View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scamper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2017 at 8:20pm
I have been following this in work all day and havent got a chance to post until now.

As someone who is running a SC and someone who knows the chap in question personally i have to say this is horse sh*t.

I have met this chap in more far flung places than i care to remember and for him to be told based on nothing but seniority that he will not get a ticket is a disgrace.

I have always aimed with our SC to be as transparent as possible and be fair to those that deserve it.
And it is the way it should be all round.
====#Everywhere you play, We'll Follow====
shoveonyournicks View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Ginger and proud

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shoveonyournicks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2017 at 2:01am
Scamper as someone who endeavours to run a SC as fairly as possible would you be opposed to a 'one person, one number' ticketing system??
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2017 at 8:24am
Originally posted by shoveonyournicks shoveonyournicks wrote:

Scamper as someone who endeavours to run a SC as fairly as possible would you be opposed to a 'one person, one number' ticketing system??

One scheme
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
Missy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Missy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2017 at 8:33am
Most SCs have a stand alone points system and it works.
The issue with this club is not their stand alone system which they clearly have its the criteria used ie when a member joins this dictates his spot in the away scheme it is not based on aways on home. attendance on STs.
Pipkin View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pipkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2017 at 8:48am
Many of these supporters clubs are run by a small number of power and control hungry breeds of lads

In this case, XXX SC has been around for over 30 years so you can well imagine the old boys club heading it up.

I still cant understand what the need for Supporters Clubs in Dublin is. Its a Dublin bus from the stadium so I cant see how it promotes gaining supporters. So the answer lies between power and control.

So I have no sympathy for anyone that thinks joining a Supporters Club is going to bring them all the tickets in the world unless they are 'in' with that old boys click.

It was aired here a thousand times too

EDIT: been told that the Supporters Club cant be named. I was only trying to warn people so somebody else isnt screwed by them but there you go.

Edited by Pipkin - 23 Sep 2017 at 9:09am
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2017 at 9:00am
Hummmmm interesting comments .
I would like the Confederation to have the same rules for each club when it come to tickets at least that would be clear to all of us . 
The FAI needs to step in and make this happen which would be very easy to do .
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 6>
  Share Topic