You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Away days + World Cup 2022 Accommodation and Travel
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Screwed over by Supporters Club.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Cork Airport Dogging Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevincronin2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Screwed over by Supporters Club.
    Posted: 22 Sep 2017 at 2:51pm
I didn't really want to start another ticket thread but a mate of mine who posts on here has a 100% away record this campaign and did 4 always last campaign and him and his family hold 8 season tickets between them along with taking tickets from the supporters club for the fai club friendlies has been refused a Wales ticket. In the past he wanted to join FD but couldn't transfer his ticket history from supporters club to fans direct.
The lad rang the ticket office and was told to contact his SC, that is fair enough too but the man in question at the SC won't answer his calls now. Just wondering was anyone else screwed over by a supporters club, IMO this is more of a reason to have one united ticket application scheme.

If mods feel the need to merge this work away.
time is the stuff that life is made of, don't waste it.
Sponsored Links

drog addict View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Castleknocker

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote drog addict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2017 at 2:56pm
Originally posted by kevincronin2000 kevincronin2000 wrote:

I didn't really want to start another ticket thread but a mate of mine who posts on here has a 100% away record this campaign and did 4 always last campaign and him and his family hold 8 season tickets between them along with taking tickets from the supporters club for the fai club friendlies has been refused a Wales ticket. In the past he wanted to join FD but couldn't transfer his ticket history from supporters club to fans direct.
The lad rang the ticket office and was told to contact his SC, that is fair enough too but the man in question at the SC won't answer his calls now. Just wondering was anyone else screwed over by a supporters club, IMO this is more of a reason to have one united ticket application scheme.

If mods feel the need to merge this work away.

Name and shame the SC
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2017 at 3:02pm
If this is true it is the very reason it should be one person one code one ticket one history all administered by the FAI.
AKA pedantic kunt
kevincronin2000 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevincronin2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2017 at 3:10pm
The lad in question has asked me not to name them as he a shy lad but I really feel strongly about this so without naming the club they are a Leinster based supporters club formed around the same time as the London branch. I'm aware that they are a lot of very well run supporters club around and this is by no way an anti supporters club post or thread but seems to me the the decision not to award this fan a wales ticket was a personal one and not one by the rules of the supporters club or confederation.
ringerbell View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ringerbell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2017 at 3:36pm
Having heard this earlier can just say this person has been shafted imo and is fully deserving of a ticket for this game

This the issue for every 10 well run clubs will be 1 like this that makes up their own rules as they go depending on the fixture
the closest i will ever come to playing for ireland https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0_7w4JyvI4
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevincronin2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2017 at 3:47pm
Originally posted by ringerbell ringerbell wrote:

Having heard this earlier can just say this person has been shafted imo and is fully deserving of a ticket for this game

This the issue for every 10 well run clubs will be 1 like this that makes up their own rules as they go depending on the fixture

He and Hus family should pull their 8 season tickets from the supporters club next campaign see how many away tickets they get then.
rossieman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2017 at 3:52pm
Can't he ring up the TO and get the tickets transferred out of the SC now?

Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2017 at 3:55pm

The lad in question has asked me not to name them as he a shy lad but I really feel strongly about this so without naming the club they are a Leinster based supporters club formed around the same time as the London branch. I'm aware that they are a lot of very well run supporters club around and this is by no way an anti supporters club post or thread but seems to me the the decision not to award this fan a wales ticket was a personal one and not one by the rules of the supporters club or confederation.

So it was a personal vendetta then   ? Hardly the club itself screwing him over then given as you say it's not within the clubs rules then and it was a decision made by one person.

Edited by Denis Irwin - 22 Sep 2017 at 3:56pm
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevincronin2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2017 at 4:07pm
Originally posted by Denis Irwin Denis Irwin wrote:

So it was a personal vendetta then   ? Hardly the club itself screwing him over then given as you say it's not within the clubs rules then and it was a decision made by one person.

The club is made up of a committee, one person on that committee or the commitee as a whole should not have the power to refuse an individual if the applicant meets the correct criteria in this case I'd imagine the said Ireland fan has. And just in case anyone reading this thinks the person seeking the ticket might be a scumbag and refused for other reasons other than not meeting the nessesary criteria couldn't be further from the truth, the lad is in his early 20's and to be fair I'd look at him as a roll model for my own kids in how to act and behave on away trips.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ringerbell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2017 at 4:14pm

He's been told that "the club rules state that it's seniority who get tickets nothing to do with record"

Then he was told something along the lines that it's people like him that use the club are the problem whatever the man meant by that is anyone's guess
the closest i will ever come to playing for ireland https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0_7w4JyvI4
Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2017 at 4:17pm
I've been at Ireland v Wales 11 times at various venues (Tolka x 2, RDS, LR x 3, CP, Wrexham, Cardiff x 3) including 4 away's. Sure its only right and fitting that someone else gets a chance of a ticket this time.
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
greenmachine68 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greenmachine68 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2017 at 4:20pm
I was in a supporters club a few years back for a year. I was given an ultimatum at the end of the season to sign my ticket over to them or sling my hook. But within that year I saw some scary stuff in terms of ticket distribution and pricing to non members. The club fell loosely between a business and a touting operation. What initially appealed to me was organised transport, hotels etc, but even this some members were paying a higher premium than others, so not surprised when I hear stories like this.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ringerbell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2017 at 4:27pm
The young lad certainly deserves a ticket for this match would say very few people have better record than him only missing 2 aways in last 2 campaigns

For someone to get a ticket just because they are his "senior" is crazy and for a club to say tickets nothing to do with records would have me thinking these people should get no tickets in future if they can't ensure they go to those most deserving
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2017 at 4:38pm
Originally posted by ringerbell ringerbell wrote:

He's been told that "the club rules state that it's seniority who get tickets nothing to do with record"

Then he was told something along the lines that it's people like him that use the club are the problem whatever the man meant by that is anyone's guess

That is absoloutely shocking.
colemanY2K View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2017 at 5:06pm
Why am I not surprised ?!?!?!

Edited by colemanY2K - 22 Sep 2017 at 5:07pm
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.
Sligo Hornet View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Runner Up, Branson lookalike 2003

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sligo Hornet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2017 at 5:09pm
Disgraceful ......but as coleman says......not surprising
The GerK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Razor you wanna pint?...2 minutes later

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The GerK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2017 at 5:36pm
Disgusting behaviour
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2017 at 5:42pm
That is disgraceful alright. Has he thought of complaining to the FAI?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>
  Share Topic